• Guest, HEROCRAFT PUBLIC RELEASE IS HAPPENING AN HOUR EARLIER! TONIGHT @ 7PM CST GET READY FOR IT! play.hc.to
    Read up on the guides and new systems! Here.
    View the LIVE Map here @ hc.to/map
    Stuck or have a problem? use "/pe create" to to open a ticket with staff (There are some known issues and other hotfixes we will be pushing asap)
  • Guest, Make sure to use our LAUNCHER! Read more here!

Suggestion Profession Skill

Dwarfers

Legacy Supporter 6
So, I want to suggest that a profession, maybe Miner, get a skill that digs per 3x3 blocks. This is something similar to hammers in some mods and I thought it would be nice to have as a skill.

ShadowRavynn

Max Legacy Supporter
I definitely think it would be nice for miner to get something since our main gold smelting is no longer as useful, and many consider gold a waste now. Would be nice to give miner some additional lovin to make up for that. :)

Joey_Beans

Legacy Supporter 9
I think instead of making a skill that mines a larger area than the normal 1 block at a time, the skill would simply increase mining speed for a period of time. It would probably be much simpler to implement as well.

DEMOCALIBER

Legacy Supporter 6
I think instead of making a skill that mines a larger area than the normal 1 block at a time, the skill would simply increase mining speed for a period of time. It would probably be much simpler to implement as well.
This is exactly what Excavate is. No?

Danda

Dungeon Master Extremist
Staff member
Administrator
Guide
Wiki Team
Max Legacy Supporter
So basically the following suggestion? :p

I brought this up a few days ago again and fleshed it out a bit more.
Also what about an ability to mine 3x3 in short bursts at the cost of not gaining resources. This could help with digging under-cities etc and give miners a new niche instead of making them print money for no extra effort.

So you would mine block (X) and all of the surrounding blocks (O) would break as well
OOO
OXO
OOO
It could have a shorter cooldown if it didn't produce drops. We could also see if we could make it do 9x the durability damage per break as it's breaking 9 blocks instead of 1.

I definitely think it would be nice for miner to get something since our main gold smelting is no longer as useful, and many consider gold a waste now. Would be nice to give miner some additional lovin to make up for that. :)
The gold smelting needed to be made this way tbh, it was just a licence to print money nothing more nothing less.