• Guest, HEROCRAFT PUBLIC RELEASE IS HAPPENING AN HOUR EARLIER! TONIGHT @ 7PM CST GET READY FOR IT! play.hc.to
    Read up on the guides and new systems! Here.
    View the LIVE Map here @ hc.to/map
    Stuck or have a problem? use "/pe create" to to open a ticket with staff (There are some known issues and other hotfixes we will be pushing asap)
  • Guest, Make sure to use our LAUNCHER! Read more here!

Suggestion New Class: The Conjurer

has400

Legacy Supporter 6
I now see why are you globally muted. I'm surprised that it isn't accounted for on forums to. This forum page is about to be overridden by idiots like this soon I bet. -.-
brah you know nothing kiddo, you're new to this server. Welcome to herocraft.

has400

Legacy Supporter 6
Hmm, alright. I've never actually played WoW, nor do I really have the interest in paying for the monthly membership. I assume by the dancing rune weapon you're referring to the sword possessing itself and fighting on it's own. I came up with that idea based on other various movies and such that represented a caster fighting with ethereal swords.

ALSO! Since mob AI cannot be scripted for summons, that particular skill would not work. I'll come up with a new one and edit the original post accordingly.
wow is free it doesn't cost a dime you uneducated boob

charger134

Gold
I had a little idea for the Dashing Strike ability. If you successfully hit the Dashing Strike, This ability's cool down gets halved.
And Conjurer should be T2, Summoner sounds more T1. ;D

iAlchemist

Legacy Supporter 3
Interesting, explain it, and how I can play WoW without spending all my time to get tokens and shiz.
I had a little idea for the Dashing Strike ability. If you successfully hit the Dashing Strike, This ability's cool down gets halved.
And Conjurer should be T2, Summoner sounds more T1. ;D
Seems like a lot of people are saying that, I'll edit the original post soon.

I spend $15 a month for WoW, and I do not think it is different for the Aussies. WoW tokens don't count unless you have enough time a month to grind old raids for 20K, which us casual/ busy players do not have.

has400

Legacy Supporter 6
I spend $15 a month for WoW, and I do not think it is different for the Aussies. WoW tokens don't count unless you have enough time a month to grind old raids for 20K, which us casual/ busy players do not have.
i have 1.6million gold kiddo it takes minimal time to get gold.... you can be a filthy casual and have gold, its just some make believe barrier you've made

i have 1.6million gold kiddo it takes minimal time to get gold.... you can be a filthy casual and have gold, its just some make believe barrier you've made
Alright, less the time, more the complete boredom that comes from grinding. It's a game, and I want to play it. I do not want to sit spamming buttons one-hitting old bosses to get gold for hours when I can actually enjoy myself.

has400

Legacy Supporter 6
Alright, less the time, more the complete boredom that comes from grinding. It's a game, and I want to play it. I do not want to sit spamming buttons one-hitting old bosses to get gold for hours when I can actually enjoy myself.
i dont do old raids either? they're a waste of time? i said "minimal time"

iAlchemist

Legacy Supporter 3
i dont do old raids either? they're a waste of time? i said "minimal time"
Please let's get back to the topic at hand. WoW sadly is not the topic at hand, as much as I'd love to discuss shadowpriest builds with you two the main post isn't about that.

LordZelkova

Ashen One...
Legacy Supporter 8
I've held off on commenting because I have a very odd sense of balance (I forget this is minecraft sometimes and balance things like they would be for other RPG's or MMO's).

But I'm gonna put my 2 cents in towards the class.

Starting with its stats:

Armor: Rogue-ish. Little bit like bard's armor maybe. The idea is that this guy has versatility over burst or tank. Chain chest, leather rest.
Fairly standard, little more DR than casters, fitting their "Not really a caster" playtype.

Stats: Str: 22 Con:19 End: ?? Dex: 11 Int: 25 Wis: 7 Cha: 5

A: Reformatted to fit my OCD
B: You forgot Endurance, which if this is to be a hybrid class, will be important just like Int is.
C: The lack of Wisdom is really gonna hurt this class without some kind of mana regen skill, however I don't really see a place to cut points without having exact scailing on the skills.

Tumble - Duh

BoundSword:
For 7-15 seconds, you summon a superior blade and your strikes deal more damage (costs 125 mana or something, CD of 10-17 seconds.)--NOTE: In order to avoid abuse, this particular skill would have to summon a blaze rod. Please note that.
Would this be Magical like Envenom? Or physical like Warsong? What's the classes weapons? Swords? Hoes? Blaze rods?

Lvl 5: Arcane blade:You launch a ethereal sword at your target, dealing 70% of your melee damage and causing a short bleed. Costs 150 mana or so, and has a CD of about 12 seconds. Can only be cast when you have the bound sword.
A combo skill, I like the idea. I'd buff the damage to 75% (You ARE giving up the weapon I assume, as you are throwing it) and play with some numbers on the bleed. Somewhere in the 100 damage range of 10-15 seconds. Maybe a really long timer with low damage?

Lvl 10: BoundAura:You summon an aura of bound arrows, dealing 10 damage every 1/2 to those who get within range. Functions like whirlwind. Magical damage. Mild knockback too. CD 30 seconds, mana 140
Every half what? Tick? Too much. I'd hope second. And only 10 damage? How long does this last then? It better last a long time to compensate.

Lvl 20: BoundBow: You summon a bow, bound to your very soul, for 10 seconds. 150 mana, 20 second cooldown
Infinity? Punch? Etc? How about Damage? Does it increase your Dex but lower your Str? Switching from melee to ranged is tricky if it's not built for it (With skills like this I mean.)

Lvl 25: DashingStrike: You dash forward a few blocks, similar to blink, but this skill also deals damage if you dash through your target. Deals 46 physical damage, deals 68 physical damage if you're holding a bound blade. CD: 8-10 seconds.
Feels like Dragoon Dash, let's hope it wouldn't be broken like DD was.

Lvl 30: Bound Arrow:
You summon a single weaker bound arrow and send it flying towards your target, dealing 93 magic damage. Costs 90 mana. CD: 7 Seconds
"Weaker" -> Does 93 Damage and probably homing. I'd say "You channel more magic into a Single homing arrow, dealing 93 Magic Damage".

Lvl 35: Dispel: You dispel a bound weapon OR an opponent's casting. IE: You can use this skill on yourself to dispel a bound sword and refund 60% of the mana cost, or you can target an opponent and interrupt their casting
Cool, but sounds tricky to Code (I mean it has to check if you're targeting yourself and do one thing or if you're on another do an entirely different thing.)

Lvl 40: ArrowStorm: You summon a storm of bound arrows to explode around you, dealing 80% of your arrow damage and destroying your bound bow. CD 30 seconds, mana 180
Stronger BoundAura? Also, Explosive -> Does less damage. Would the Damage be AoE? Would it hit multiple people like Pulse or only one person but have an Area to target like dragons breath?

Lvl 50: Telekinesis:You select a block from the ground (without visually showing it) and then press the skill again to throw it at the opponent, dealing 120 damage. CD 15-30 seconds, mana 200, specific blocks deal slightly more damage and have lower ranges dirt<wood<stone<ore
90% Sure this is now possible (Playing with blocks), though would they actually move the block or? This could lead to issues with NoCheat/Regions/What about Tourneys? (I see it now, Druid + Conjuror Teams. Earthwall + This skill).

Lvl 60: ReverseBinding:You reverse the binding of any weapon in your hand, renewing it's lifespan and increasing it's damage. CD 30-45 seconds. Mana 210
How much more time? The full duration? If so how much more damage?

Lvl 61: [T2] Stability: [Passive!] Bound weapons now last five seconds longer and deal much more damage. If you dispel a weapon, you create a minor AoE dealing 30 dmg, 1 damage subtracted for each second the weapon has been active.
Again, how much more? What happens when you get Warsonged + ReverseBinding? Damage would be crazy at that point.

Overall I really like the idea of the class, Conjuartion was a really cool skill tree (Albeit I hardly used it aside from Clairvoyance or something).
Sorry if this seems overly negative :p

iAlchemist

Legacy Supporter 3
I've held off on commenting because I have a very odd sense of balance (I forget this is minecraft sometimes and balance things like they would be for other RPG's or MMO's).

But I'm gonna put my 2 cents in towards the class.

Starting with its stats:

Fairly standard, little more DR than casters, fitting their "Not really a caster" playtype.

A: Reformatted to fit my OCD
B: You forgot Endurance, which if this is to be a hybrid class, will be important just like Int is.
C: The lack of Wisdom is really gonna hurt this class without some kind of mana regen skill, however I don't really see a place to cut points without having exact scailing on the skills.

Tumble - Duh

BoundSword:
For 7-15 seconds, you summon a superior blade and your strikes deal more damage (costs 125 mana or something, CD of 10-17 seconds.)--NOTE: In order to avoid abuse, this particular skill would have to summon a blaze rod. Please note that.
Would this be Magical like Envenom? Or physical like Warsong? What's the classes weapons? Swords? Hoes? Blaze rods?

Lvl 5: Arcane blade:You launch a ethereal sword at your target, dealing 70% of your melee damage and causing a short bleed. Costs 150 mana or so, and has a CD of about 12 seconds. Can only be cast when you have the bound sword.
A combo skill, I like the idea. I'd buff the damage to 75% (You ARE giving up the weapon I assume, as you are throwing it) and play with some numbers on the bleed. Somewhere in the 100 damage range of 10-15 seconds. Maybe a really long timer with low damage?

Lvl 10: BoundAura:You summon an aura of bound arrows, dealing 10 damage every 1/2 to those who get within range. Functions like whirlwind. Magical damage. Mild knockback too. CD 30 seconds, mana 140
Every half what? Tick? Too much. I'd hope second. And only 10 damage? How long does this last then? It better last a long time to compensate.

Lvl 20: BoundBow: You summon a bow, bound to your very soul, for 10 seconds. 150 mana, 20 second cooldown
Infinity? Punch? Etc? How about Damage? Does it increase your Dex but lower your Str? Switching from melee to ranged is tricky if it's not built for it (With skills like this I mean.)

Lvl 25: DashingStrike: You dash forward a few blocks, similar to blink, but this skill also deals damage if you dash through your target. Deals 46 physical damage, deals 68 physical damage if you're holding a bound blade. CD: 8-10 seconds.
Feels like Dragoon Dash, let's hope it wouldn't be broken like DD was.

Lvl 30: Bound Arrow:
You summon a single weaker bound arrow and send it flying towards your target, dealing 93 magic damage. Costs 90 mana. CD: 7 Seconds
"Weaker" -> Does 93 Damage and probably homing. I'd say "You channel more magic into a Single homing arrow, dealing 93 Magic Damage".

Lvl 35: Dispel: You dispel a bound weapon OR an opponent's casting. IE: You can use this skill on yourself to dispel a bound sword and refund 60% of the mana cost, or you can target an opponent and interrupt their casting
Cool, but sounds tricky to Code (I mean it has to check if you're targeting yourself and do one thing or if you're on another do an entirely different thing.)

Lvl 40: ArrowStorm: You summon a storm of bound arrows to explode around you, dealing 80% of your arrow damage and destroying your bound bow. CD 30 seconds, mana 180
Stronger BoundAura? Also, Explosive -> Does less damage. Would the Damage be AoE? Would it hit multiple people like Pulse or only one person but have an Area to target like dragons breath?

Lvl 50: Telekinesis:You select a block from the ground (without visually showing it) and then press the skill again to throw it at the opponent, dealing 120 damage. CD 15-30 seconds, mana 200, specific blocks deal slightly more damage and have lower ranges dirt<wood<stone<ore
90% Sure this is now possible (Playing with blocks), though would they actually move the block or? This could lead to issues with NoCheat/Regions/What about Tourneys? (I see it now, Druid + Conjuror Teams. Earthwall + This skill).

Lvl 60: ReverseBinding:You reverse the binding of any weapon in your hand, renewing it's lifespan and increasing it's damage. CD 30-45 seconds. Mana 210
How much more time? The full duration? If so how much more damage?

Lvl 61: [T2] Stability: [Passive!] Bound weapons now last five seconds longer and deal much more damage. If you dispel a weapon, you create a minor AoE dealing 30 dmg, 1 damage subtracted for each second the weapon has been active.
Again, how much more? What happens when you get Warsonged + ReverseBinding? Damage would be crazy at that point.

Overall I really like the idea of the class, Conjuartion was a really cool skill tree (Albeit I hardly used it aside from Clairvoyance or something).
Sorry if this seems overly negative :p
I appreciate all the bits you've given to help me on my quest to create this class. Lemme quickly respond:

In response to Bound Sword: The damage would be physical, of course. In order to avoid abuse via a blacksmith with decon, it would have to be a blaze rod. The summoned weapon would deal more damage than normal and allow for specific skills to be activated. Hence the perks on STR.

In response to Arcane Blade: I like the idea of adding more damage. The whole playstyle of this class is to play around combos with your respective summoned weapons, dealing instant damage. But this class also values versatility over DPS, so I'd think it'd play more like an immobile rogue with caster undertones, but a more range oriented play style when compared to the current arcane rogue, the runeblade.

In response to Bound Aura: I am quite bad at scaling damage when it comes to A having no skills to create these things B Having no place to test said non existant creations. In my original concept it was every 1/2 tick (IE One seconds, I think). The damage was low because I also though about it in the close range combat situations where it is a hit every second with bonuses to your physical base damage.

In response to Bounw Bow: The skill would grant an infinity bow, but you would still need to have one arrow to use the bow (sadly). The damage of the bow itself would be lackluster, but its value comes in the form of the fact that this class would use arrow storm. I like the idea of switching STR for DEX whenever this skill is cast though, for a short time. It would help with the DPS.

In response to Dashing Strike: Dashing strike is intended to be an out of combat mobility move, or an extra DPS agent in combat, while also pairing as a tool for chasing or escaping. Basically, you can use the skill without a target, and you'd flash to your target position, if something was in the path of your flash, you deal some magical damage to them.

Bound Arrow: It isn't EXACTLY weaker by the fact that it is indeed a faster fire and would be considered magical damage>physical, hence the lower damage in non-homing.

Dispel: I thought this was a pretty clever concept, although it might be humorous when the conjurer dispels their sword instead of that wizard's bolt.

Arrow Storm: A magical variant of Ice volley by ranger, without the slow and more damage.

Telekinesis: Purely a visual effect, the block would return to its place (or better yet the summoned one would just be a fake clone that vanishes after use.)

Reversebinindg: Simply resets the full duration of the weapon from, the beginning.

Stability: Increases bound weapons duration by 5 seconds, and their damage slightly ( gonna edit the original post.)

Cool, but sounds tricky to Code (I mean it has to check if you're targeting yourself and do one thing or if you're on another do an entirely different thing.
What you could do for the coding part is that if the player is sneaking, then they dispel their sword, and if they are just targeting a player, it does the interrupt. Or another thing that could be done with targeting, without letting the target know, their next skill is "Dispelled". Now it would have a 5 second duration. But to counteract it, if a skill is being warmed up, the skill goes off anyway, even if the conjurer used dispel during the warm up.

iAlchemist

Legacy Supporter 3
What you could do for the coding part is that if the player is sneaking, then they dispel their sword, and if they are just targeting a player, it does the interrupt. Or another thing that could be done with targeting, without letting the target know, their next skill is "Dispelled". Now it would have a 5 second duration. But to counteract it, if a skill is being warmed up, the skill goes off anyway, even if the conjurer used dispel during the warm up.
Well, to be honest, I'll really need to experiment with other coding ideas before I even try to get into advanced shit
This particular class would be a bitch to code I think, but possible. Once winter break begins I'll actually have the time to get into coding with heroes and maybe try some things. We shall see, since I can't exactly run a mini-server to test it all on (which I would figure is a requirement). For now we'll just see what I CAN code, and we'll veer away from the advanced shit.

iocobus

Coal
This isn't a bump, but there should be some kind of summon companion skill in this. (Conjure Familiar maybes ;3)

iAlchemist

Legacy Supporter 3
This isn't a bump, but there should be some kind of summon companion skill in this. (Conjure Familiar maybes ;3)
Well, it sort of IS a bump, you kinda brought the post back from the dead, which is a mild no-no, but I won't get pissed at you for it.

As much as I love the idea, the issue was that mob summons did not work around the time I made this post. That might be different now, you never know.