• Guest, HEROCRAFT PUBLIC RELEASE IS HAPPENING AN HOUR EARLIER! TONIGHT @ 7PM CST GET READY FOR IT! play.hc.to
    Read up on the guides and new systems! Here.
    View the LIVE Map here @ hc.to/map
    Stuck or have a problem? use "/pe create" to to open a ticket with staff (There are some known issues and other hotfixes we will be pushing asap)
  • Guest, Make sure to use our LAUNCHER! Read more here!

Suggestion New Class: The Conjurer

iAlchemist

Legacy Supporter 3
HEY YOU! YEAH YOU! How about ya leave an opinion at the bottom of the page, possible corrections, new ideas, or if you like or dislike the idea!

Thanks for reading!

Alright, so is anyone here a huge fan of skyrim? I mean, I'm pretty sure a lot of people here are huge fans of skyrim.

So, for those of you that don't know, or haven't played the game, in Skyrim, there are set schools of magic, and one of the schools of magic that always interested me was conjuration. Conjuration focused on summoning creatures, and even weapons, to fight with. One of my favorite spells in conjuration was the "conjure sword" spell, which allowed you to conjure a stronger sword for a short amount of time, or until you put it away. This got me thinking, what if we added a mage to skyrim that fights through conjured weapons and minor utility spells. The conjured weapons could be interchangeable, but you could only have one. Each weapon would have a unique buff or skill that would be applied to the mage, allowing for a versatile playstyle.

Armor: Rogue-ish. Little bit like bard's armor maybe. The idea is that this guy has versatility over burst or tank. Chain chest, leather rest.

Combat tactics: Naturally, the class can fight with a sword and a bow, but can only use weaker swords and can't use a bow unless it is a bound bow. So for example, the class can use a basic iron sword for it's normal weapons, and the bound weapon would be an unbreaking gold sword, that would last maybe 7-15 seconds, while providing a damage boost similar to envenom. As for the bow, the mage can summon a bow that is usable for a few shots (10 seconds or so) before the bow dissipates, and would also have infinity. The class itself would fight as a slightly tanker mage, that can summon weaker simple spells to defend itself, such as a bound arrow storm, or a controlled blade.

CLASS GROUP: Caster

Stats: INT: 25 WIS: 7 STR: 22 DEX: 11 CON: 12 CHA: 5 END: 7

Skills:

Tumble
BoundSword:
For 7-15 seconds, you summon a superior blade and your strikes deal more damage (costs 125 mana or something, CD of 10-17 seconds.)--NOTE: In order to avoid abuse, this particular skill would have to summon a blaze rod. Please note that.
Lvl 5: Arcane blade: You launch a ethereal sword at your target, dealing 70% of your melee damage and causing a short bleed. Costs 150 mana or so, and has a CD of about 12 seconds. Can only be cast when you have the bound sword.
Lvl 10: BoundAura: You summon an aura of bound arrows, dealing 10 damage every 1/2 to those who get within range. Functions like whirlwind. Magical damage. Mild knockback too.
CD 30 seconds, mana 140

Lvl 15: EnergyBind: You muster up your lasting energy to gain 60% mana back, but you no longer regenerate mana for 15 seconds after the skill is cast.
Lvl 20: BoundBow: You summon a bow, bound to your very soul, for 10 seconds. 150 mana, 20 second cooldown
Lvl 25: DashingStrike: You dash forward a few blocks, similar to blink, but this skill also deals damage if you dash through your target. Deals 46 physical damage, deals 68 physical damage if you're holding a bound blade. CD: 8-10 seconds.
Lvl 25: Flash: Basic mobility skill, stripped from the runeblade.
Lvl 35: ControlBlade: Your blade comes to life and attacks your enemies for you, at the cost of your arcane blade. Can only be used when you have the Boundblade in your hand, removes it and summons an invisible zombie carrying the sword. CD 10-30 seconds, Mana 170
Lvl 30: Bound Arrow: You summon a single weaker bound arrow and send it flying towards your target, dealing 93 magic damage. Costs 90 mana. CD: 7 Seconds
Lvl 35: Dispel: You dispel a bound weapon OR an opponent's casting. IE: You can use this skill on yourself to dispel a bound sword and refund 60% of the mana cost, or you can target an opponent and interrupt their casting
Lvl 35: Binding Breaker: you break the binding of your weapon, refuding the mana and dealing a small amount of damage to your opponent, starting at 90 damage, and reducing however many seconds the bound weapon has been active.
Lvl 40: ArrowStorm: You summon a storm of bound arrows to explode around you, dealing 80% of your arrow damage and destroying your bound bow. CD 30 seconds, mana 180
Lvl 50: Telekinesis: You select a block from the ground (without visually showing it) and then press the skill again to throw it at the opponent, dealing 120 damage. CD 15-30 seconds, mana 200, specific blocks deal slightly more damage and have lower ranges dirt<wood<stone<ore
Lvl 60: ReverseBinding: You reverse the binding of any weapon in your hand, renewing it's lifespan and increasing it's damage. CD 30-45 seconds. Mana 210
Lvl 61: [T2] Stability: [Passive!] Bound weapons now last five seconds longer and deal much more damage. If you dispel a weapon, you create a minor AoE dealing 30 dmg, 1 damage subtracted for each second the weapon has been active.

All of these ideas are up for changes as you see fit. It's an idea, so feel free to share opinions or new ideas and I might add them to the original post.

Names:

[T1] Conjurer
[T2] Summoner

Now, quick message to all you "summoners should summon mobs" bit. That would be cool and all BUT shitty in PvE, and also, the particular summoning skills would draw away from the actual skill of the player, because it would be more reliant on the mobs thant fighting by itself. Lets not introduce a class that crams PvE into PvP eh?

OH AND HEY! I went ahead and made a skin for the class, feel free to use it if you like it, but be sure to credit me. It is not my greatest skin ever, but it'll do.

Attachments

• download (6).png
    download (6).png
    5.5 KB · Views: 3
Last edited:

wild_gamer

Coal
Seems like a good idea, but will be very hard to code i expect. ControlBlade can't be possible as their is always problems with summons and if your opponent uses becomedeath, they can totally avoid that skill.

iAlchemist

Legacy Supporter 3
AWAKEN AND RESPOND!

I'm looking for someone who has coding know how to teach me some tricks for how to code hero classes!

iAlchemist

Legacy Supporter 3

Hmm, alright. I've never actually played WoW, nor do I really have the interest in paying for the monthly membership. I assume by the dancing rune weapon you're referring to the sword possessing itself and fighting on it's own. I came up with that idea based on other various movies and such that represented a caster fighting with ethereal swords.

ALSO! Since mob AI cannot be scripted for summons, that particular skill would not work. I'll come up with a new one and edit the original post accordingly.

iAlchemist

Legacy Supporter 3
Edited!

-Changed the formatting to look more attractive.
-Removed Controlblade
-Added Dispel
-Removed BindingBreak
-Added Stability [T2]
-Added a short bit about why this class doesn't summon.

iAlchemist

Legacy Supporter 3
Edited! Changelog #2:
-Removed Flash
-Added DashingStrike
-Added theoretical CD's to several skills that lacked them.
-Added a few messages
-Reformatted a few bits.

EDIT OF ORIGINAL POST:
-Added allocations

Last edited:

Shadowatom

Gold
I feel like Telekenesis should be changed to a single block type, otherwise it leaves the possibility of them pulling up any block in Minecraft, unless you meant a random block, but randomness can become frustrating. Maybe just have the range scale with Strength or Intelligence or something?

Maybe instead of the T2 class as summoner (since it does not summon mobs like most people would assume the class would do) maybe you could do something more along the lines of Dragon Age's Knight-Enchanter.

A name like that would make a bit more sense as far as learning as much about the class as possible from the name. For example: I hear ninja, I think stealth+high damage. I hear paladin, I think tanky-warrior. I hear bard, I think it has something to do with music and probably support/damage. I hear conjurer, I think "Yeah! Gonna get some sweet Atronarchs and Demons!"

iAlchemist

Legacy Supporter 3
Maybe instead of the T2 class as summoner (since it does not summon mobs like most people would assume the class would do) maybe you could do something more along the lines of Dragon Age's Knight-Enchanter.

A name like that would make a bit more sense as far as learning as much about the class as possible from the name. For example: I hear ninja, I think stealth+high damage. I hear paladin, I think tanky-warrior. I hear bard, I think it has something to do with music and probably support/damage. I hear conjurer, I think "Yeah! Gonna get some sweet Atronarchs and Demons!"
Love the reference, and I agree. Although I've never been one for names. Got any of your own?

I feel like Telekenesis should be changed to a single block type, otherwise it leaves the possibility of them pulling up any block in Minecraft, unless you meant a random block, but randomness can become frustrating. Maybe just have the range scale with Strength or Intelligence or something?

I can see where you're coming from. The ideal goal is to select a block within your range (you aim at a block and that is the selected target.) then use said block as the ammo.

@moosearefish could you please state a reason why you disliked the class? So I can make further improvements.

iAlchemist

Legacy Supporter 3
Quickly I would like to state @moosearefish is intentionally disliking all of my posts regardless of content.

Therefore any of his opinions should be ignored as they apply to this topic. Thank you.

iAlchemist

Legacy Supporter 3
2 = all of them
Well, actually yes, given that the entirety of my posts on this page were two that involved you, and you intentionally disliked them without stating a reason, one of which really didn't have any business being liked or disliked since all I was asking was for you to share an opinion.

Please if you're going to bring toxicity into the thread then I'll just ignore you from this point on. Either state an opinion that actually helps me or get out.

Love the reference, and I agree. Although I've never been one for names. Got any of your own?

I can see where you're coming from. The ideal goal is to select a block within your range (you aim at a block and that is the selected target.) then use said block as the ammo.

@moosearefish could you please state a reason why you disliked the class? So I can make further improvements.
The first thing that comes to mind would be Runeblade, but that's kinda taken. I've never been the best with names. Any good ones I come up with just come to me randomly after mulling it over for a few hours/days

This area is especially tricky just because it involves two basic classes (Warrior+Mage) and you want it to include nothing from any of the other class names. Pretty much just combine words related in either field until you get a winner, or go an entirely different direction that vaguely fits the play-style(Such as call T1 Spectre and T2 Wraith).

iAlchemist

Legacy Supporter 3
I
The first thing that comes to mind would be Runeblade, but that's kinda taken. I've never been the best with names. Any good ones I come up with just come to me randomly after mulling it over for a few hours/days

This area is especially tricky just because it involves two basic classes (Warrior+Mage) and you want it to include nothing from any of the other class names. Pretty much just combine words related in either field until you get a winner, or go an entirely different direction that vaguely fits the play-style(Such as call T1 Spectre and T2 Wraith).
The class is more rogue meets Mage than Mage meets warrior, focusing on close range hit and run tactics with a versatile tool oriented play style that pushes players with this class to think about what they need for the situation at hand and how they can get to that point. Their main weapons, albeit more powerful, are on a cool down themselves, granting them a short wait between bursts, so you have to use the weapons to their utmost capacity in order to efficiently win.

I am interested in the name Spectre and Wraith, although this class is not particularly stealthy, it literally just summons weapons.

I, knowing my name on the forums, am particularly biased to the name Thaumaturge.

Possible Arcanist T1 Thaumaturge T2?

@ILikeTrains23456
RAGE, Mage+Rogue.