• Guest, HEROCRAFT PUBLIC RELEASE IS HAPPENING AN HOUR EARLIER! TONIGHT @ 7PM CST GET READY FOR IT! play.hc.to
    Read up on the guides and new systems! Here.
    View the LIVE Map here @ hc.to/map
    Stuck or have a problem? use "/pe create" to to open a ticket with staff (There are some known issues and other hotfixes we will be pushing asap)
  • Guest, Make sure to use our LAUNCHER! Read more here!

Suggestion New Class: The Conjurer

I
Possible Arcanist T1 Thaumaturge T2?
I see what you did there. >: D (Stupid Emotes. I can't use a text face properly.)

But on a serious note, I think your Bound Aura either should do very little damage. Like less than whirlwind, OR it would have an ammo count like either 5 or 10 arrows dealing 60 to 30 damage respectively. Or just limit the amount of time's it can hit a single target cause getting in the middle of mobs or a group of people can be devastating. Unless it only does like 10 damage a tick, there's no limit on how many it can hit, and being its not a skill shot that just sounds like free damage at the cost of 140 mana, it's next to free damage. Now I don't know how much base mana this class would have so it might be like 25 of the total mana pool.

iAlchemist

Legacy Supporter 3
I see what you did there. >: D (Stupid Emotes. I can't use a text face properly.)

But on a serious note, I think your Bound Aura either should do very little damage. Like less than whirlwind, OR it would have an ammo count like either 5 or 10 arrows dealing 60 to 30 damage respectively. Or just limit the amount of time's it can hit a single target cause getting in the middle of mobs or a group of people can be devastating. Unless it only does like 10 damage a tick, there's no limit on how many it can hit, and being its not a skill shot that just sounds like free damage at the cost of 140 mana, it's next to free damage. Now I don't know how much base mana this class would have so it might be like 25 of the total mana pool.
Well, to be honest, if you look at the classes overall skills you might see that it really can't deal a lot of damage anyway, and given it's squishiness (Low armor) it would easily die in close quarters without a deterrant. Bound Aura is meant to be more of a close combat deterrant for opponents, given that the class itself is quite weak in close combat because it's bound weapons are limited. Otherwirds, once the bound sword fades, their DPS drops to zero for several seconds, forcing them to use a bow. The damage may be tweaked a bit, but it still needs to be fairly strong in order to encourage players not to get too close.

@moosearefish Please do leave this conversation. He messed up on one word. Good for you that you caught it. I didn't see it until I saw your dumb bad spelling thing.

As for you Thaum I can see that but how often is the tick I guess I should ask instead? Once every second, 2 seconds, half a second. If you want it as a deterrent, it would need to be frequant with low damage cause other wise if it was high damage but rare you might not get as much damage done. Or here's another idea. It retains the ammo system of 5 arrows, does around 30 damage, retains the 30 second cooldown, but the arrows stay circling you for about 20 seconds and are visible. I don't think anyone would want to get close to you with that going on. But they can be hit by a maximum of 3 arrows.

iAlchemist

Legacy Supporter 3
@moosearefish Please do leave this conversation. He messed up on one word. Good for you that you caught it. I didn't see it until I saw your dumb bad spelling thing.

As for you Thaum I can see that but how often is the tick I guess I should ask instead? Once every second, 2 seconds, half a second. If you want it as a deterrent, it would need to be frequant with low damage cause other wise if it was high damage but rare you might not get as much damage done. Or here's another idea. It retains the ammo system of 5 arrows, does around 30 damage, retains the 30 second cooldown, but the arrows stay circling you for about 20 seconds and are visible. I don't think anyone would want to get close to you with that going on. But they can be hit by a maximum of 3 arrows.
Seems possible. I wouldn't mind the idea of changing the speed at which damage takes place. Originally it was damage every 2 seconds, similar to dreadaura. The arrows were purely intended as a visual instead of something with any flesh to it. The real biter is actually once again similar to whirlwind, and the arrows don't do anything.

-Added an actual damage to BoundAura, along with adding an additional slight knockback.

And to @moosearefish I do not appreciate you rating every single post I have made recently, not only in this thread but in other places. I find your behavior both childish and extremely annoying.

spiralz

Obsidian
The first thing that comes to mind would be Runeblade, but that's kinda taken. I've never been the best with names. Any good ones I come up with just come to me randomly after mulling it over for a few hours/days

This area is especially tricky just because it involves two basic classes (Warrior+Mage) and you want it to include nothing from any of the other class names. Pretty much just combine words related in either field until you get a winner, or go an entirely different direction that vaguely fits the play-style(Such as call T1 Spectre and T2 Wraith).

Wouldn't a warrior+mage typically be called a Battlemage?

peeeeeeeeeew

PewPew
Legacy Supporter 5

I'm not really in the conversation, I just feel as if I should be using my ratings for the good of the community. If I can eliminate bad spelling from my good man @iThaumaturge , then I shall.

Regarding the class:
I dislike it.

iAlchemist

Legacy Supporter 3
I'm not really in the conversation, I just feel as if I should be using my ratings for the good of the community. If I can eliminate bad spelling from my good man @iThaumaturge , then I shall.

Regarding the class:
I dislike it.
Well, do me a favor and leave. Although I do appreciate you sharing your opinion my patience is at its end.

Jrr_

Architect
Balance Team
Adventure Team
Legacy Supporter 3
No point getting feedback, new class suggestions have never been listened too.

iAlchemist

Legacy Supporter 3
That and I actually have intentions on partially attempting to script this class. Given my severely limited knowledge on the subject matter, this would be a bit of an experiment per se. Also, there's a possibility of getting help from someone who sees this post.

Although I will say, you people really are like a hive mind, Jrr, if one says no, the rest go with em.

Well, yeah, of course. But, with that logic, what is the point of playing Herocraft in the first place? You'll never become a medieval action hero made of 90 degree angles. Bit of an extreme example, I am aware, but something is going to occupy your time; you might as well enjoy it.

And for Mr. Shapeshifter over here practice for coding.

GodOfGales

Legacy Supporter 4
I read the class thread- I really like it!

I'll be honest though, I didn't read the comments, sorry if this is a repeat.

But going by the Teir1 and Teir2 names mentioned on the main thread, I think Summoner should be t1 and Conjurer t2.

Cool stuff alche!

Jrr_

Architect
Balance Team
Adventure Team
Legacy Supporter 3
Well, yeah, of course. But, with that logic, what is the point of playing Herocraft in the first place? You'll never become a medieval action hero made of 90 degree angles. Bit of an extreme example, I am aware, but something is going to occupy your time; you might as well enjoy it.

And for Mr. Shapeshifter over here practice for coding.
TBH when I used to play HC it was never my intention to become a medieval action hero, but if that is your goal, go for it lol

Jrr_

Architect
Balance Team
Adventure Team
Legacy Supporter 3
That and I actually have intentions on partially attempting to script this class. Given my severely limited knowledge on the subject matter, this would be a bit of an experiment per se. Also, there's a possibility of getting help from someone who sees this post.

Although I will say, you people really are like a hive mind, Jrr, if one says no, the rest go with em.
Thats fine if your looking to practice code, but thought this was a class you want in HC because never has one of these been put in.

iAlchemist

Legacy Supporter 3
I now see why are you globally muted. I'm surprised that it isn't accounted for on forums to. This forum page is about to be overridden by idiots like this soon I bet. -.-
Sadly moosearefish started all of this, and I doubt it will end, we'll just have to ignore them. The only one so far that I actually have any respect for is @jrr5556 because he has at least shared his opinion, every other individual has been only present at this thread to troll people, nothing more.

My response to your statement Jrr, is that many people have submitted ideas for classes but almost none have submitted partially or fully coded versions, by doing so I minimize the work required to release the class.