• Guest, HEROCRAFT PUBLIC RELEASE IS HAPPENING AN HOUR EARLIER! TONIGHT @ 7PM CST GET READY FOR IT! play.hc.to
    Read up on the guides and new systems! Here.
    View the LIVE Map here @ hc.to/map
    Stuck or have a problem? use "/pe create" to to open a ticket with staff (There are some known issues and other hotfixes we will be pushing asap)
  • Guest, Make sure to use our LAUNCHER! Read more here!

Suggestion Nether Mob Drops

Lord_Orchid

Legacy Supporter 7
Currently the nether lacks any form of mobs outside spawners ( blaze which we all know someone will destroy) and Dungeon version of said mobs do not drop typical drops (expectation magma cubes)

Suggestion:Add nether mob drops to dungeons with varying drop odds
example Wither Skeleton mobs in all Tiers
T1: 1/1000 .1%
T2 1/750 .25%
T3:1/500 .5%
T4: 1/250 .75%
T5:1/100 1%
T6: 1/40 (vanilla drop rate) 2.5%
T7: 1/20 (non existent) 5%

unknown where blaze rods could fit. perhaps magical mobs?

Lmno_Gaming

Stone
that seems like an inappropriate way to get blaze rods, seeming the nether is now open and the rod should be used as a weapon it'd only seem fitting to add drops to the nether, buying a blaze rod called an ironsight rod doesn't seem lore friendly (don't say anything about the server not having lore we have a team especially for it) so to add drops and possibly unique ones could be a good idea

radicater11

Legacy Supporter 3
that seems like an inappropriate way to get blaze rods, seeming the nether is now open and the rod should be used as a weapon it'd only seem fitting to add drops to the nether, buying a blaze rod called an ironsight rod doesn't seem lore friendly (don't say anything about the server not having lore we have a team especially for it) so to add drops and possibly unique ones could be a good idea
But does the team have any members? Or do anything at all? Lore is really not the focus, and Kain has actually expressed interest in removing the lore from all the weapons entirely. This is minecraft, so you should be ready to accomplish your goals in anyway possible.

Lmno_Gaming

Stone
it'd still be nice to actually make use of the nether since it currently holds no purpose with glowstone being buyable and the same with nether warts, the same thing goes for netherrack so to maybe add something unique to the nether ie. a new castle possibly or an introduction to T7 mobs would give the nether much more variety and usage

STDs4YouAnd4Me

Legacy Supporter 8
But does the team have any members? Or do anything at all? Lore is really not the focus, and Kain has actually expressed interest in removing the lore from all the weapons entirely. This is minecraft, so you should be ready to accomplish your goals in anyway possible.

Or... you know... you could just do exactly what @Lord_Orchid suggested to avoid the toxicity? I don't think the server will break if you add a 1% chance for an item to drop on a couple of specific mobs.

Lord_Orchid

Legacy Supporter 7
Or... you know... you could just do exactly what @Lord_Orchid suggested to avoid the toxicity? I don't think the server will break if you add a 1% chance for an item to drop on a couple of specific mobs.

some of the dungeon mobs are already wither skeletons thus my suggestion. considering after all mob spawns are essentially turned off.

radicater11

Legacy Supporter 3
Well even in this case, just adding mobs to the nether would be easier. My point is that this solution is just inefficient, as stuff would basically never drop.