• Guest, HEROCRAFT PUBLIC RELEASE IS HAPPENING AN HOUR EARLIER! TONIGHT @ 7PM CST GET READY FOR IT! play.hc.to
    Read up on the guides and new systems! Here.
    View the LIVE Map here @ hc.to/map
    Stuck or have a problem? use "/pe create" to to open a ticket with staff (There are some known issues and other hotfixes we will be pushing asap)
  • Guest, Make sure to use our LAUNCHER! Read more here!

Suggestion Necro - remove poison - other stuff

kevinlive

Legacy Supporter 2
So, necro has two single target DoTs that does the same except they have different damage values and DoT lenght. Imo it's just a nuisance to throw out two DoTs that does the same, deal dmg. When your f.eks could just throw out one, and have the same result.

So my suggestion is to remove poison, and add the removed dmg into decay.

Poison deals 105 dmg over 10 seconds, 6s cooldown. Uses 20 mana.
Decay deals 196 dmg over 21 seconds, 10s cooldown. Uses 20 mana.

So instead of having both skills, that does the exact same thing. You could have just decay that deals 301 dmg over 21 seconds, having 9s cd, and using 35 mana.
Or, some other numbers.

Discuss.

@Pampita
@Deadmouse7
@teddytazer
@Mitchodak
Got any other ideas? Feel free to brainstorm.;)

Deadmouse7

Glowstone
It seems good but I rely on poison to slow people down because of its range. know what doesn't make sense drainsoul at lvl 60 is doing 136 damage and has an 8 sec cool down. Fireball is doing 180+damage and has 5 sec cool down yeah fireball must be aimed but 136 damage come on we have a really high cool down... Coming from me people might just say HA you suck at pvp.. But I'm getting better as time goes on now I just got to remember that I have harmshield.

Mrchucklez

Legacy Supporter 6
Even I think drainsoul should do a bit more damage than that, plus deadmouse told me it takes 16 mana at level 60.. that seems a little too harsh.

A

alexhoff1

If you guys want to discuss a buff, I can say that necro needs one.
HOWEVER
you want a 301 DoT with a 9 second cooldown?
it's a bit much, make it atleast 15s CD and 280 or less damage, then I view it as more.. fair?

kevinlive

Legacy Supporter 2
HOWEVER
it's a bit much, make it atleast 15s CD and 280 or less damage, then I view it as more.. fair?
That's one way to see it, but you throw out poison and decay and it'll do the same dmg anyway. If the cooldown would be more than 8s if it get's combined it'll be a dps nerf. So no, I don't see why you should do that.

I do see where you are coming from, "300 dmg DoT holy smokes", but then you have to remember that there's only three damage skills. Drainsoul(crap dps, sorry, but it's crap dps), decay/poison and plague(almost not even worth using 1v1 due to the low dmg and extremely high mana cost).

Oh and that darkness AoE thingy, but nevermind that :p

Oh and no, if you look closely you'll notice that this isn't a buff in any way, shape or form. It's just making it a bit less annoying to deal the damage you'd usually deal.

kevinlive

Legacy Supporter 2
Although.. I'm noticing that drainsoul is painfully overnerfed in terms of leveling, I'm sure it was nerfed for a reason but really.
With 120 dmg, 7s cd and 22%(I'll check the number as soon as the server gets up) mana usage I run oom after killing 3 mobs. My hoe that deals 17 dmg has a higher dps due to the 7s cooldown, just putting it out there. It's like leveling healer, just worse.

So, one drainsoul per 20+ seconds. Hnnng, what happened to the mana buff?
Strike deals more damage :(

MajDeath

Portal
HOWEVER
what i have discovered.... the cooldown does not really make a diffrence for the necro dots, re using the skill while its in use does not seem to reset the timer or stack, just waste mana :/ so basicly might as well be 21 second cd (time the dot lasts) or no cd.... then again with no cd you could spam it on like 10 people >.>

AzenYumCha

Legacy Supporter 6
Kevin, it is disappointing that you didn't tag me. I became a Necromancer on both Dragon and Bastion as my first spec.

Anyways, Drainsoul should really have a lesser cooldown; say about 5 seconds as the cd. Having it lower would alter a battle way to much for the necro's favour because they are pretty much gaining 65-70 hp per hit every 5 seconds.

The DoT's. They are fine, however Poison SHOULDN'T be removed but it should be modified to suit the Spider Eye Reagant and put it at worth.
Although if you think about it, you can simply cast poison straight after your target loses poison. That is 20s worth DoT just from Poison adding to 21ohp in 20 seconds.

That's my input. The rest of the skills are fine and Necro is pretty good except for the Drainsoul CD.

Deadmouse7

Glowstone
I think that now a good amount of people are mastered and drainsoul needs a buff. Noname whenever I fight you you die instantly because of how low of a level you are you just need to stick to a certain class lvl it up. Like im lvl 60 and underspecs I can just drop instantly. But like to fight tc I need more dammage with drainsoul I mean it takes me a poison decay and 4 drainsouls to drop a lvl 45 sami I 2v1ed a dk and drew2222 today and I cant believe the dk didnt die. I used way to much stuff on him like 2 poisons 3 drainsouls 1 decay idk drew ended up getting me down half heart with fireball then I got hit once and died but whatever dk took forever to get down low.

Deadmouse7

Glowstone
Also drainsoul at lvl 60 does 136 damage heals 69hp and has 8sec cooldown and takes 12 mana. fireball takes 9 mana cmon

AzenYumCha

Legacy Supporter 6
Like im lvl 60 and underspecs I can just drop instantly. But like to fight tc I need more dammage with drainsoul I mean it takes me a poison decay and 4 drainsouls to drop a lvl 45 sami I 2v1ed a dk and drew2222 today and I cant believe the dk didnt die. I used way to much stuff on him like 2 poisons 3 drainsouls 1 decay idk drew ended up getting me down half heart with fireball then I got hit once and died but whatever dk took forever to get down low.

That is why Drainsoul needs a lesser cooldown to suit for fights against other Level 60 players.
Just consider the fact that a 'stronger damage-dealing drainsoul' will become OP against unspecs and several specs. That's something to be discussed thoroughly though.

kevinlive

Legacy Supporter 2
Also drainsoul at lvl 60 does 136 damage heals 69hp and has 8sec cooldown and takes 12 mana. fireball takes 9 mana cmon
Like I stated in another thread, the nerf was based on a lvl 25 necro slaying non specs and low level specs without any kind of anti-caster ability.
Now that they do have anti-caster abilities necro are suddenly in lack of mana, damage, and cc to survive the wait time for DoTs to kill. I say cc because web is unreliable and you can toggle off despair's blind effect with optifine.

This is like dragongarde all over again for necro. <.<

kevinlive

Legacy Supporter 2
That is why Drainsoul needs a lesser cooldown to suit for fights against other Level 60 players.
Just consider the fact that a 'stronger damage-dealing drainsoul' will become OP against unspecs and several specs. That's something to be discussed thoroughly though.
A lower cooldown wont do too much as you'll see yourself running oom.

Edit:
I'm off for today, I'll be back in 7-8 hours to check on replies etc. It's good to get actual feedback, makes me happy >: )

AzenYumCha

Legacy Supporter 6
Like I stated in another thread, the nerf was based on a lvl 25 necro slaying non specs and low level specs without any kind of anti-caster ability.
Now that they do have anti-caster abilities necro are suddenly in lack of mana, damage, and cc to survive the wait time for DoTs to kill. I say cc because web is unreliable and you can toggle off despair's blind effect with optifine.

This is like dragongarde all over again for necro. <.<

That was actually true. The nerf should be reverted then if that's the case. THEN we can see if it's 'OP' against Level 60 specs and other stronger specs.