• Guest, HEROCRAFT PUBLIC RELEASE IS HAPPENING AN HOUR EARLIER! TONIGHT @ 7PM CST GET READY FOR IT! play.hc.to
    Read up on the guides and new systems! Here.
    View the LIVE Map here @ hc.to/map
    Stuck or have a problem? use "/pe create" to to open a ticket with staff (There are some known issues and other hotfixes we will be pushing asap)
  • Guest, Make sure to use our LAUNCHER! Read more here!

Suggestion Naturalist Class

Solidze

Legacy Supporter 6
I'll be honest, I wasn't going to post this but this has been going through my mind for a while. Haven't found the perfect class that fits my play style. I usually love classes based around nature. Not seeing one in Herocraft currently has been a bummer....too many "Holy" like abilities and pure caster pew pew lightning shooting classes.

Any who here is an idea for a class, it for surely could use improvement but the overall theme is what I am trying to get across. However, I doubt a new class would be in anytime soon.

Other Class Suggestions:

http://www.herocraftonline.com/main/threads/shadow-trance-or-moon-and-sun-class.33340/
http://www.herocraftonline.com/main/threads/chill-wind-class.33339/
http://www.herocraftonline.com/main/threads/pathfinder-class.33338/

JVX2B_zpsd0e84ca2.png

Naturalist
(Healer)​
Role: Support, CC, Healer (through over time effects).

The whole idea of the class is to provide group wide benefits without being too powerful on the offense. One upfront direct heal (group heal later on) and the rest being over time. With the rest of the heals being over time it allows the role to fill in through its specialty, locking an enemy down through CC. So as above, the role is mainly support/cc/heals. I am open for criticism, on how to balance this out with still keeping its role.

Weapon: Stick 19-28, Wood 15-24
Base HP: 660 Max HP 896 (+4 per lvl)
Base MP: 100 Max MP: 218 (+2 per lvl) Regen 6
Armor: Leather/Chainmail - (Chest) (Legs) /Gold

1: Energy Leech (20mp)(7sec CD)

You drain (70 + 0.3-per-level) health from your target (within 7 + 0.02-per-level blocks) and (5 + 0.2-per-level) mana from your target (within 7 + 0.02-per-level blocks) restoring half the the damage you deal to your own health and mana.

1: Antidote (11mp) (3 sec CD)

You remove poison effects from your target (within 15 blocks).

1: Scan (1mp) (1 sec CD)

For 2.5 seconds you can read information about your target (within 25 blocks), including their name, class, level and health points.

5: Nature's Blessing (22mp) (12 sec CD)

You heal your target within 15 blocks over 18 seconds, restoring 45 health points every 3 seconds.

10: Thorn Root (15mp) (15 sec CD)

You root your target within (6 + 0.1-per-level) blocks in place for 4 seconds and bleed your target for 12 damage every 2 seconds for 6 seconds.

20: Nature's Bloom (25mp) (10 sec CD)

You heal members in your party for 24 health points every 2 seconds over 24 seconds.

30: One With Mother Earth (Passive)

You are one with Mother Earth, you naturally regenerate 5 health points every 10 seconds in the sunlight.

40: Poisonous Seeds (25mp)(12 sec CD)

Your infect your target (within 12 blocks) and all entities within 6 blocks of your target with poisonous seeds, doing 19 damage every 3 seconds for 15 seconds. Takes a second to warm up.

50: Thorns (20mp)(2 min CD)

You reflect half of the damage you take for 3 seconds.

50: Natural Surroundings (30mp) (45sec CD)

(If possible)
You blend into your natural surroundings depending on the region your standing on. In the desert you will shape-shift into a cactus. In the snowy lands you will shape-shift into snow blocks. In green plains you will shape-shift into a tree. All of these will fade when you move or take damage.

(If not)
You blend in with Mother Earth, disguising yourself as a tree. This will fade when you move or take damage.

55: Nature's Grace (15mp) (12 sec CD)

Party members within 15 blocks of you are healed for 60HP.

58: Nature's Cleanse (20mp) (5sec CD)

You remove slow effects from your group (within 10 blocks). (Changed, suggested by Bobbiejoe2)

60: Barkskin (35mp)(5 min CD)

For 7 seconds, all incoming damage you take is reduced by 50%. Takes 1 second to warm up.

Apologize if there is any grammar issues, I am a bit tipped on booze and it is very late.

I really love this Idea! It doesn't replace the Cleric healing class, however it adds a whole new meaning to lets be healer.
With the group CC heals and the unique look This will add a whole new Bam! to those of us who want to play as healers. I say Add this class in pretty please! <3 love it love it love it! May I also say that I would reroll to this class anyday of the week! I so want to play it badly please!

bobbiejoe2

Iron
I like the idea of over time heals, it's new and seems like something the game could use.

Maybe Nature's Cleanse could be at a lower level and have another skill or something replace it, maybe like a spell that cleans any slows from one target for an amount of time instead of poison from the whole party. Poison isn't a big issue and the slow cleanse would make the Naturalist a great supporting healer.

Psychokhaos

Legacy Supporter 3
Not able to go through the whole post at the moment, but there is a Healer class that is nature based - Mystic, previously known as Druid.

Solidze

Legacy Supporter 6
Not able to go through the whole post at the moment, but there is a Healer class that is nature based - Mystic, previously known as Druid.

Yeah so I have been told, but for an odd reason it seems to sway away from the druid theme. The class overall feels like a wizard with healing spells. Lightning/Holy mix. Because of this, the class was a complete turn off. I wasn't around for the "Druid" class but I heard many great things about it, like the rain thing. I appreciate the feedback!

leftovers5

Legacy Supporter 8
I like this idea. Keep the the mystic namesake and transfer some of these skills in (Invigorate needs to go... heh). A replacement for bolt, an entirely Wizard-esque skill, would be nice.

Solidze

Legacy Supporter 6
Thanks for the feedback everyone, honestly didn't want to post this but I'm glad I did. Overall I hope to see a more or pure nature themed class.

This class sounds awesome. I'm currently a going to be a ninja due to the mystic not feeling like a nature class to me so was a downfall and if this was implemented into the game would love to see it and i would personally play it.

Solidze

Legacy Supporter 6
I like this idea. Keep the the mystic namesake and transfer some of these skills in (Invigorate needs to go... heh). A replacement for bolt, an entirely Wizard-esque skill, would be nice.

Agreed, Naturalist, Druid or Mystic, who cares for the name. The current mystic is just a wizard with healing spells, the nature theme is no where to be seen. Reworking the class with some, or all of these abilities would hold true to a "nature like" class.

Solidze

Legacy Supporter 6
I like the idea of over time heals, it's new and seems like something the game could use.

Maybe Nature's Cleanse could be at a lower level and have another skill or something replace it, maybe like a spell that cleans any slows from one target for an amount of time instead of poison from the whole party. Poison isn't a big issue and the slow cleanse would make the Naturalist a great supporting healer.

I like the change, I noticed there is already Antidote with a single target poison removal, so no need to move Nature's Cleanse down and add a new spell. The reason this spell is so high of a level is for the fact that it is group wide, and having a group wide slow or root removal could change the outcome of a fight quickly . So having this out of reach till end game could be highly rewarding once received. Your towns best friend (apart from a cleric) in pvp would be this class period. So i changed the spell above, and reduced the range (15 to 10) as well to compensate for it, so in order for the healer to dispel the slows, he would have to be close range putting himself in a vulnerable position, making the fights more interesting.

Falker57

Legacy Supporter 8
I came into this thread ready to just say "No". Then I read and some of the abilities sounded neat. Perhaps some skills where stuff come out of the ground or something? I dunno...

Solidze

Legacy Supporter 6
I came into this thread ready to just say "No". Then I read and some of the abilities sounded neat. Perhaps some skills where stuff come out of the ground or something? I dunno...

I was hoping if this pulls through that the developers would be able to add some animations like that, like "Pin" being a "leaf" block on they're foot. Also had a few abilities I left out due to possibly not being possible, such as a type of camouflage where you turn into an actual tree (with no name plates showing), and it fades when you move. Think your walking through a forest? Sorry your not, its an ambush.

I was hoping if this pulls through that the developers would be able to add some animations like that, like "Pin" being a "leaf" block on they're foot. Also had a few abilities I left out due to possibly not being possible, such as a type of camouflage where you turn into an actual tree (with no name plates showing), and it fades when you move. Think your walking through a forest? Sorry your not, its an ambush.
I think that idea would be awesome, like BOOM HERE I AM!

leftovers5

Legacy Supporter 8
Agreed, Naturalist, Druid or Mystic, who cares for the name. The current mystic is just a wizard with healing spells, the nature theme is no where to be seen. Reworking the class with some, or all of these abilities would hold true to a "nature like" class.
Mystic used to have "Batfury", where you would spawn 10 bats on another person. Was a neat skill, but taken out a month ago or so.

Falker57

Legacy Supporter 8
I believe it is possible :p. I know transforming into a block is possible(no nameplates or anything) That sounds like an awesome skill and I am pretty sure it is possible!