• Guest, HEROCRAFT PUBLIC RELEASE IS HAPPENING AN HOUR EARLIER! TONIGHT @ 7PM CST GET READY FOR IT! play.hc.to
    Read up on the guides and new systems! Here.
    View the LIVE Map here @ hc.to/map
    Stuck or have a problem? use "/pe create" to to open a ticket with staff (There are some known issues and other hotfixes we will be pushing asap)
  • Guest, Make sure to use our LAUNCHER! Read more here!

More protection for crafters

Malphugus

Legacy Supporter 5
I made a suggestion on redmine for "cower" and "hide" skills for crafters. Similar to /sneak and /smoke except that the crafter cannot move from their current location without breaking the effect...

NeoGriim

Legacy Supporter 3
I made a suggestion on redmine for "cower" and "hide" skills for crafters. Similar to /sneak and /smoke except that the crafter cannot move from their current location without breaking the effect...
That's certainly not a bad idea, it's not overpowered yet still useful for crafters.

I've upgraded to mason already so I have plenty of more options, however I still feel bad for crafters trying to level, people who are into minecraft for the main purpose of the game - To build. They have no defense for when some jerk wants to come into their house and start griefing away until they strike chests full of items. For non-donor's especially who may be new to the server and find themselves overwhelmed by the number of people after their stuff with no way to defend themselves.

The problem I just described however isn't going to be cured with a simple hide and seek type of ability, perhaps there's a way to hide chests instead, effectively making their chests look like glass or something and who breaks glass while raiding? Not I, it takes too much time to go get some sand and make more glass so I stay away from that and regular stone (although if I know a town has stuff hiding behind stone I take regular stone with me to undo any griefing done)

Anyway it seems perfectly logical to be able to disguise a chest as a crafter, right? I mean they are craftmen after all, if they can make a chest out of wood they should be able to make it out of other materials, don't you think?

Aesi

Legacy Supporter 3
I would LOVE to take some kind of vow to never raid or steal to have PvP immunity as a crafter! Why should the workers be attacked without being able to defend themselves? :\

Drev

Wood
I would LOVE to take some kind of vow to never raid or steal to have PvP immunity as a crafter! Why should the workers be attacked without being able to defend themselves? :\

Because wolves need sheep to feed on.

Then shepherds can train hounds to guard and manage the flock.

And then the sheep can graze as they wish for the most part.

And everyone is entertained.

Aesi

Legacy Supporter 3
Yeah... I wouldn't mind PvP immunity, but you're on the wrong server for that. ;)
Well I've been here since beta started.. I know this server is now PvP oriented and I dont like it. But I'm not leaving just yet because I have responsibility.

AussieDingbat

Legacy Supporter 5
Well I've been here since beta started.. I know this server is now PvP oriented and I dont like it. But I'm not leaving just yet because I have responsibility.

It's pvp orientated if you want to pvp, once townships are in there'll be ways to avoid pvp all together if you so choose.

Doreagarde

Legacy Supporter 5
It's pvp orientated if you want to pvp, once townships are in there'll be ways to avoid pvp all together if you so choose.

Indeed. I've been on the server since damage came into SMP, and I've fought only twice in PvP, once in December just to try it, and again in April in an arena. Both were completely consensual battles. Play your cards right, and you'll never have to take up arms with anyone.

Aesi

Legacy Supporter 3
Then there's your region laggers to get thru/over walls, gates and traps. Thats the most annoying part.

Doreagarde

Legacy Supporter 5
Then there's your region laggers to get thru/over walls, gates and traps. Thats the most annoying part.

Exploiting shitty code isn't legal, dustger89. We've banned people for that, and we'll do it again, but we have to be told who's doing it. We're always watching, but more eyes watching with us are better.