• Guest, HEROCRAFT PUBLIC RELEASE IS HAPPENING AN HOUR EARLIER! TONIGHT @ 7PM CST GET READY FOR IT! play.hc.to
    Read up on the guides and new systems! Here.
    View the LIVE Map here @ hc.to/map
    Stuck or have a problem? use "/pe create" to to open a ticket with staff (There are some known issues and other hotfixes we will be pushing asap)
  • Guest, Make sure to use our LAUNCHER! Read more here!

Mod Suggestion: Convenient Inventory

ADaringEnchilada

Legacy Supporter 4
I suggest that we allow the use of Convenient Inventory on the server from here on out. Why? Because the reasons that made it disallowed are now gone. From overheard conversations or remarks, the two reasons I heard of its dis-allowance was that it A.) Allowed players to craft items in bulk to get EXP faster and B.) Because it had an item duping and/or stacking glitch. Also to my knowledge is that recent MineCraft updates have made it so that bulk crafting is available by default and that the duping or stacking bugs have not only been fixed, but in the case of the latter it was not the Convenient Inventory Mod that caused the stacking, but rather rollbacks.

However, what it does offer is quite tantalizing for both the pragmatic and the OCD player. First off, it allows you to instantly organize chests with the click of button or key. OCD players, including even myself, find this immensely useful for accomplishing a normally taxing and time consuming task in an instant. Let us also not forget it allows you to move object directly to your crafting panel and to move armor pieces into their correct armor slot, enhancing both the crafting and suiting-up experience.

Now, these are nice bonuses and I'm sure many players would appreciate being able to have this mod and while it offers these nice advantages, it does not make it unfair for the vanilla player, at least comparatively that is. If you look at Rei's mini-map, you could say it is far unfair for the normal player as the Rei's user can easily make, refer to, and navigate to waypoints, whereas the normal player will need to write down or memorize these co-ordinates, memorize the F:x directions in the F3 debug menu or navigate via cloud movement, and go by sight when trying to reference landmarks. Similarly you could say that the Improved Chat Mod is also more unfair than Convenient Inventory in the sense that it actually allows players to bind keys to skills, making skills like recall, assassin's blade, fire arrow, or fireball bind-able via key rather than tool.

Thus, it is my firm belief that allowing the Convenient Inventory Mod would actually be more beneficial to the community and even so much as to say it is more fair than some of the other allowed mods.

Kainzo

The Disposable Hero
Staff member
Founder
Adventure Team
Neo_Exdeath and the other admins are in control of what mods are allowed. If they feel its worthy to stick on without disabling the vanilla clients - then they can add it to the accepted lists.

MASS crafting items for exp (ie turning chests of cobble into instant levels) is not what we want.

Hydroking77

Legacy Supporter 7
To craft all possible items that can be made with the items in the crafting grid, all someone has to do is shift-click the crafted item in the crafting table. However, when crafting exp was up when I did this the server only gave me the exp as if I had craft only one item, but in reality I had crafted multiple items.

ADaringEnchilada

Legacy Supporter 4
You are encouraged to ask if a mod can be on the allowed list if it does not give any kind of advantage. To ask for a mod to be on the allowed list post under suggestions and it will be considered.
'

That's why I posted it under suggestions, but I've never seen someone post any mode suggestions, so I just put it down here.

Draskuul

Legacy Supporter 5
You know, I've had people asking me about coming back after the 1.01 upgrade (can't for a week after that though due to travel), but reading about Convenient Inventory being banned is probably my biggest "WTF?!?!?" moment in catching up with the current state of HeroCraft.

Seriously? Is Convenient Inventory still banned?

jwplayer0

Legacy Supporter 6
Neo's been inactive due to his college term being over. I'll @Neo_Exdeath to get his attention of this thread and once he's tested it himself he can do as he see's fit.

ADaringEnchilada

Legacy Supporter 4
You know, I've had people asking me about coming back after the 1.01 upgrade (can't for a week after that though due to travel), but reading about Convenient Inventory being banned is probably my biggest "WTF?!?!?" moment in catching up with the current state of HeroCraft.

Seriously? Is Convenient Inventory still banned?

Draskuul? Coming back? YES!

Draskuul

Legacy Supporter 5
Draskuul? Coming back? YES!

Heya bud. Yeah, convinced to come back and see what the state of things is. Like I said though I won't be able to until at least the second week of January (my poor old laptop won't run MC for whatever reason).

I have heard that apparently the Convenient Inventory ban was due to a bug that allowed for stacking normally unstackable items. I'd assume a bug like that was fixed ages ago by now.