• Guest, HEROCRAFT PUBLIC RELEASE IS HAPPENING AN HOUR EARLIER! TONIGHT @ 7PM CST GET READY FOR IT! play.hc.to
    Read up on the guides and new systems! Here.
    View the LIVE Map here @ hc.to/map
    Stuck or have a problem? use "/pe create" to to open a ticket with staff (There are some known issues and other hotfixes we will be pushing asap)
  • Guest, Make sure to use our LAUNCHER! Read more here!

Suggestion Miner level 60 Ability

Keache

Legacy Supporter 7
Alright, so I've been thinking recently about ideas for the missing level 60 skill for the miner, and so far I've come up with two plausible suggestions;

First up,
Summon TNT: summons tnt, simple enough, easy to implement, and goes along with the theme of miner. Cooldown should be around 3 minutes so it would not be too powerful.

Second idea;
Superbreak/AoE mine; breaks a 3x3 for several blocks forward or so area of blocks around the block targeted. Came up with this on the fly, not sure if it's a satisfying enough ability, but it could work. Personally I'd prefer summontnt, but it's just an idea that's up for discussion.

Lemme know what you guys think.

northeaster345

Legacy Supporter 8
I'm not sure miner needs a buff right now, it's by far the best profession, with both smeltgold and excavate on top of increased drops from mining. It's extremely easy to get money as a miner.

Barnubus

Legacy Supporter 8
Instead of a 3x3, maybe a 2x1 that goes for like 10+ blocks and doesn't break ore, only the block you used it on in the first place. ie: creating a tunnel or something.

Diffuse

Legacy Supporter 4
How about a skill called "block damage". It could allow tnt to do block damage that regenerates over time.

Fix tnt plz

northeaster345

Legacy Supporter 8
Buff or no buff, it NEEDS a level 60 ability
So do merchant, mason, enchanter and engineer

I'd just be careful, because summonTNT is almost a combat ability, since it lets you summon a free 1 hit KO on most classes. It would also be kind of abusable to get a decent amount of free TNT.

Instead of a 3x3, maybe a 2x1 that goes for like 10+ blocks and doesn't break ore, only the block you used it on in the first place. ie: creating a tunnel or something.

I mean miners already have excavate, which lets you mine as fast as you can run (even if you have speed boost), as long as you have an e4 pick.

I like the idea of an AOE clear though, since excavate is good for digging straight, and not as good for clearing out areas.

Keache

Legacy Supporter 7

I'd just be careful, because summonTNT is almost a combat ability, since it lets you summon a free 1 hit KO on most classes. It would also be kind of abusable to get a decent amount of free TNT.

I mean miners already have excavate, which lets you mine as fast as you can run (even if you have speed boost), as long as you have an e4 pick.

I like the idea of an AOE clear though, since excavate is good for digging straight, and not as good for clearing out areas.

Then suggest some ideas for those other classes. I do not play them, so I'm focusing on being proactive with miner.

As far as it being a combat ability, look at scribe lol. That's beside the point though. The deal with miners is that they're going to need flint and steel with them if they want to utilize their tnt, obviously, so it's not THAT big of a deal. Besides, miners should be carrying some tnt with them regardless; if you put a long enough cd on summon tnt, then it becomes a helpful utility and an incentive to master miner.

lioIIoil

Legacy Supporter 7
I rhink smith should get smelt gold and then
Miner should get a new skill. Miner is the best prof so far

Windwalk + excavate is so awesome!

northeaster345

Legacy Supporter 8
Then suggest some ideas for those other classes. I do not play them, so I'm focusing on being proactive with miner.

As far as it being a combat ability, look at scribe lol. That's beside the point though. The deal with miners is that they're going to need flint and steel with them if they want to utilize their tnt, obviously, so it's not THAT big of a deal. Besides, miners should be carrying some tnt with them regardless; if you put a long enough cd on summon tnt, then it becomes a helpful utility and an incentive to master miner.

I've been a miner, and I enjoyed making super easy money, but I thought it was too good. I changed to another class, b/c my town needed me to.
SmeltGold is incentive to master miner currently. You need to master to get the full 25% percentage increase on drops.

I have my own issues with scribe having combat abilities, but that's off topic.

For merchants, make gift work, or something like that, in order to be able to send people items (there might be problems with people abusing the system...)
I think for enchanters, it would be cool to have a skill that would strip an enchant and put in a book, but that's only once anvils work
Engineers will be getting a major revamp with 1.5, so that's not really something that we need to worry about right now.
Masons should get teleporters instead of engineers.

That being said, I don't think this thread is the place to propose changes for other classes

Drastikos

Legacy Supporter 3
That second one sounds like power pick from runecraft.
Shouldn't be to difficult to implement. Then again I have nothing to base that off of so there's absolutely no value to that last comment ;)

sidesummy

Glowstone
ooooo i like the idea of aoe mining :D
All i do with miner is clear out large underground areas for tunnels and large-scale underground builds, which is just tedious and grindy. Would love to speed that process up :)

Jaw895

Legacy Supporter 8
I think merchants should have the ability to send anything from anywhere to another player online it would be useful. I think miner needs a le el 60 skill but honestly they are great now. Tnt summon would be cool. Or make it interesting summon a 1 hp creeper lol. So they have to really run frpm the exsposion.

Dsawemd

Legacy Supporter 8
-1 for SummonTnT. Sorry, but TNT is already arguably the strongest pvp skill for any profession currently. Adding a summon skill will only result in increased pvp usage (like graveyard running w/TNT), which is undesirable.

arcanegrove

Obsidian

I would love this as a miner. I enjoy lvling other townies, so having an AoE breaking skill would be amazing!

Keache

Legacy Supporter 7
-1 for SummonTnT. Sorry, but TNT is already arguably the strongest pvp skill for any profession currently. Adding a summon skill will only result in increased pvp usage (like graveyard running w/TNT), which is undesirable.

Assuming they have flint and steel

Jasquan

Legacy Supporter 9
Or perhaps give them toggable wideshot/tallshot? (from technic)
/skill wideshot on (3x1x1)
/skill tallshot on (1x3x1)
Though I dunno. This DOES make them mine faster...

Keache

Legacy Supporter 7
Regardless, i guess as this point superbreak has more of a consensus, so I guess i'll leave it at that and hope someone decides to implement it.