• Guest, we are doing a new map (refresh) for Herocraft. Gather your friends and get ready! Coming next Friday, 06/28/24 @ 7PM CT play.hc.to
    Read up on the guides and new systems! Here.
    View the LIVE Map here @ hc.to/map
    Stuck or have a problem? use "/pe create" to to open a ticket with staff (There are some known issues and other hotfixes we will be pushing asap)
  • Guest, Make sure to use our LAUNCHER! Read more here!

Suggestion [Miner] Chances drop.

Evanist

Legacy Supporter 3
So... where to start with this sudgestion. First I will give a small background of what I have seen.

It has been 3 days since I restarted to play on the server again. Before that, in my time, gold was the commodity of the game, and was pretty high price. Nowadays I have seen that it is now soul shards and such that is now the commodity.

This leaves me with a certain aspect: Miner's lost a certain interest because of the change. Sure you still get the double drop which is nice and the fact that you can sometimes double your gold and iron, but let's face it: The cost in market of both those ressources had diminish since the new economy. This has left Miner with less way's to actually be profitable.

I have been looking through the jobs, and each of them had their own utility that can be profitable for a town or for the person's own end, and I kinda consider it more then Miner.

So what I would have 1 of 2 sudgestion to do with this:

1. Increased chance of finding soul shards while mining.

Ok I know some people would say this is too strong for Miner, that it would disbalance the economie a lot, but here is what I am considering: The miner would have a chance of finding tiny soul shards from mining stone, at the rate of 1/400 or 1/500. This would permit the miner to still have a certain amount of money generated from mining. We could even put it to 1/1000 maybe. Or make it something like this:

1/500 chance at level 20 to get tiny soul shards
1/1000 chance at level 30 to get small soul shards.
1/2000 chance at level 40 to get large soul shards.

That way the Miner would be able to get some income from this. This or add a bit more chance when mining ore to find soul shards.

The other options would be:

2. Special drops from mining stone.

This one is a bit more complicated to explain. What I was thinking was making it that over a certain level range, miners would unlock chances of mining out from stone some special items that would be useful. For exemple:

Level 20 gets a chance of mining out coal out of stone.
Level 30 a small chance of mining out some mossy cobble stone
Level 40 a very small chance of mining out glowstone dust.
Level 50 a small chance of mining out lapis.

These items would be subjected to change, that I know. It is only a small sudgestion to add a little twist to Miner, that I sense might need it a bit. The double drop is nice, but in the end does not change that much how the miner feels

Edit: 3. Adding mining speed par level.

As someone had sudgested, another way would be to add mining speed for miner par certain level. For example level 10 gets 10% speed and level 65 gets 40% speed more. This would permit miners to work faster and get more chance to get extra ressources. Yes though it could maybe be used on obsidian, but that we should see if we want that or not.

Edit 4. A new Mining ability to go faster: 3x3 block mine

Also what about an ability to mine 3x3 in short bursts at the cost of not gaining resources. This could help with digging under-cities etc and give miners a new niche instead of making them print money for no extra effort.

So you would mine block (X) and all of the surrounding blocks (O) would break as well
OOO
OXO
OOO

Feel free to comment on this. I might have done errors maybe in the sudgestion, cause I am kinda still just getting back into the game, but I still feel that miner needs a little twist in it.

Last edited:

Moralsk

Gold
Miner equals most other profs in wealth if you ask me. Try going engineer, we make way less than miner I guarantee you. (Way more skills though)

However I don't find this suggestion way outrageous. Miners do mine a lot and with these numbers they would get things sometimes. However those numbers would actually need tested.

Evanist

Legacy Supporter 3
Ya... They do need to be tested. Though you say they give as much as other professions...

Engineer is more for work on buildings and such. Its something different. I just say that a little extra thing would make things interesting for miner a bit. Give a slight 'jazz' to it. And numbers would need to be tested, that is true. We don't want everyone to go miner and get crazy amount of ressources in little time.

Danda

Dungeon Master Extremist
Staff member
Administrator
Guide
Wiki Team
Max Legacy Supporter
Knowing current drop rates those numbers would need to be lowered.

Danda

Dungeon Master Extremist
Staff member
Administrator
Guide
Wiki Team
Max Legacy Supporter
Interesting, but don't think Miner was meant to be a High Profitable( money wise) class anyways.
It wasn't, honestly what I think miner needs most is more skills related to digging. Not to be turned back into a money printer.

Evanist

Legacy Supporter 3
True, though i don't see how useful miner ends up to be in the end. Sure you have things to see in the dark, but if you are use to playing mc, you usually bring the basics to go mine.

Looking at this, the 2th option might be better in the end, which would add a little twist with extra ressource types. Or maybe even go and maie it that each type of ressource would have a extra chance to drop something else. For example:

Coal would have chance of dropping a iron ore, iron would have a chance of dropping gold, gold would drop glowstone dust, diamonds could drop emeralds, etc. the drops would have to be changed though.

Joey_Beans

Legacy Supporter 9
Miner doesn't need something to increase it's money making ability. What miner needs is something that makes it better at digging than the other classes. As it is right now, at least in my opinion, smith is actually a better class option for someone who spends most of their time digging because of the repair skill.

The excavate skill is good for short bursts of very fast mining speed, but is a pain to use because it has such a short duration and comparatively long cooldown. What miners need a passive that increases mining speed, that increases with level (maybe something like +10% at level 1 and +50% at level 60). As for money, miner already has a passive skill that drops diamonds from mining regular stone, plus you'd get more soul drops simply by being able to chew through more blocks than any other class in a period of time.

Xargun

Legacy Supporter 9
Miner doesn't need something to increase it's money making ability. What miner needs is something that makes it better at digging than the other classes. As it is right now, at least in my opinion, smith is actually a better class option for someone who spends most of their time digging because of the repair skill.

The excavate skill is good for short bursts of very fast mining speed, but is a pain to use because it has such a short duration and comparatively long cooldown. What miners need a passive that increases mining speed, that increases with level (maybe something like +10% at level 1 and +50% at level 60). As for money, miner already has a passive skill that drops diamonds from mining regular stone, plus you'd get more soul drops simply by being able to chew through more blocks than any other class in a period of time.

Maybe Miners should be able to repair shovels and pickaxes without the need of a Smith? or maybe an ability to 'pan' for gold ? They use a wooden bowl and have a small chance of 'panning' something from moving water ?

CoolBeans279

Legacy Supporter 3

I think that would be a great skill! But maybe not 50% more at 65 maybe 5% at lvl 1 and 35% at 65, idk 50% just seems like a lot.

Also miners make a lot of money and to me seems like people play it cause it's easiest to get money when, I think it needs more digging skills like maybe a skill that last for 15-25 seconds and a 1-2 min cool down? The skill would make it where you can dig 3 blocks instead of 1. IMO it just needs more digging skills so it's played for easy digging/clearing huge areas out instead of thought of as a money making class.

Evanist

Legacy Supporter 3
Ya... Reading all this, it could work. Making digging faster would actually be equivalent a bit to adding a new drop chance for good miners, cause they could find more ressources with this.

I will edit my post later and add this sudgestion. The mining speed thing would be pretty nice

Evanist

Legacy Supporter 3

Very good idea. Being able to mine faster would be better then what we have right now. Added that sudgestion in my list on top.

Danda

Dungeon Master Extremist
Staff member
Administrator
Guide
Wiki Team
Max Legacy Supporter
Also what about an ability to mine 3x3 in short bursts at the cost of not gaining resources. This could help with digging under-cities etc and give miners a new niche instead of making them print money for no extra effort.

So you would mine block (X) and all of the surrounding blocks (O) would break as well
OOO
OXO
OOO

Evanist

Legacy Supporter 3
Could be interesting, though it would need to have reasonable cooldown to it and wait time with it. Also would need to have the same chance for dropping soul shards when on minerals.

Danda

Dungeon Master Extremist
Staff member
Administrator
Guide
Wiki Team
Max Legacy Supporter
Could be interesting, though it would need to have reasonable cooldown to it and wait time with it. Also would need to have the same chance for dropping soul shards when on minerals.
It could have a shorter cooldown if it didn't produce drops. We could also see if we could make it do 9x the durability damage per break as it's breaking 9 blocks instead of 1.

Evanist

Legacy Supporter 3
It could have a shorter cooldown if it didn't produce drops. We could also see if we could make it do 9x the durability damage per break as it's breaking 9 blocks instead of 1.
Now the shorter cooldown without producing drops... let's say that people usually still want the drops, and they probably won't be using this for MINING like they would want to.

How about a medium cooldown, like 1-2 minute, for a 6-7 second breaker, and would not affect obsidian. The time could be compared with the level

CoolBeans279

Legacy Supporter 3
Now the shorter cooldown without producing drops... let's say that people usually still want the drops, and they probably won't be using this for MINING like they would want to.

How about a medium cooldown, like 1-2 minute, for a 6-7 second breaker, and would not affect obsidian. The time could be compared with the level
Or instead of it changing through lvls it could be attribute based?

Edit: lmao I'm stupid forgot attributes are combat classes only xD (haven't played since before attributes)

lioIIoil

Legacy Supporter 7

I think it lasts like 14 seconds with a 30 second cooldown. 16 seconds of that is spent on waiting.

DEMOCALIBER

Legacy Supporter 6
I don't really like the idea of miners getting more drops than they already do. Lapis is common enough, glowstone is plentiful in the nether. The part of this idea that I do like would be the speed increase per level and maybe a skill that can 'blast' out areas for digging under cities, etc (kind of like a TNT blast with a cooldown...just without having to use TNT.

lioIIoil

Legacy Supporter 7
Suggestion 1: I dont agree with having them come out of stone but you have the right idea for increased drops.

I think that the skill mining should be kept as it is but it is: at level 60, you have a 10 % increased chance of getting extra souls while mining ores. So you would get 10 % more souls from mining. Me and others suggested it a while ago. I asked kainzo a few weeks back and he said it would come in sometime.

Suggestion 2 is meh. We already have a skill that has a small chance of diamonds. Lapis, coal, and especially mossy stone are almost worthless. I would probably through them out of my inventory while mining.

Suggestion 3, I think excavate is enough.

It wasn't, honestly what I think miner needs most is more skills related to digging. Not to be turned back into a money printer.
I think getting 10% increased souls would not be a money printer. Miner was a money printer last map because of Smelt Gold. That wasn't a very good skill.

Miner equals most other profs in wealth if you ask me. Try going engineer, we make way less than miner I guarantee you. (Way more skills though)

However I don't find this suggestion way outrageous. Miners do mine a lot and with these numbers they would get things sometimes. However those numbers would actually need tested.
Miner doesn't make wealth at all. You only get money by mining. Yes miner has a small advantage of mining a little faster, but you can still mine with a enchanted diamond pick as an engineer. So miner gets an small amount of enhanced mining but nothing restricts an engineer to mine as much as a miner does.

Miner: small amount of enhanced mining
Other profs: Mining AND their profession skills.