• Guest, we are doing a new map (refresh) for Herocraft. Gather your friends and get ready! Coming next Friday, 06/28/24 @ 7PM CT play.hc.to
    Read up on the guides and new systems! Here.
    View the LIVE Map here @ hc.to/map
    Stuck or have a problem? use "/pe create" to to open a ticket with staff (There are some known issues and other hotfixes we will be pushing asap)
  • Guest, Make sure to use our LAUNCHER! Read more here!

Suggestion [Miner] Chances drop.

Evanist

Legacy Supporter 3
Exactly what I was talking about. That why I feel like miner need a certain little boost. I was very dissapointed when I took miner and used it for a while to see that I did not have that much chance of getting good stuff with it.
I am still Miner, but when I master it I am going straight for alchemist or enchanter, even smith maybe.

Moralsk

Gold
Suggestion 1: I dont agree with having them come out of stone but you have the right idea for increased drops.

I think that the skill mining should be kept as it is but it is: at level 60, you have a 10 % increased chance of getting extra souls while mining ores. So you would get 10 % more souls from mining. Me and others suggested it a while ago. I asked kainzo a few weeks back and he said it would come in sometime.

Suggestion 2 is meh. We already have a skill that has a small chance of diamonds. Lapis, coal, and especially mossy stone are almost worthless. I would probably through them out of my inventory while mining.

Suggestion 3, I think excavate is enough.

I think getting 10% increased souls would not be a money printer. Miner was a money printer last map because of Smelt Gold. That wasn't a very good skill.

Miner doesn't make wealth at all. You only get money by mining. Yes miner has a small advantage of mining a little faster, but you can still mine with a enchanted diamond pick as an engineer. So miner gets an small amount of enhanced mining but nothing restricts an engineer to mine as much as a miner does.

Miner: small amount of enhanced mining
Other profs: Mining AND their profession skills.

And? Engineer doesn't make any money off of its profession(We're an all skills class. I'm not complaining, engineer is very fun. Just saying don't claim we make money off of anything that profs with mining can't) We make money only by mining. Miners get enhanced mining and TNT. Only class that really is all make money by profession is Merchant, and Farmer sort of(Without their skills farmers have nothing to sell obviously). Miners can use enchanted picks as well. If you wanna take mining away from Engineers, I'd be kind of irritated, because it would be impossible to ever master it without cutting down entire forests.

Iseradore

Legacy Supporter 6
This thread makes me laugh> Recently tested on shrine between myself and another player. She was a runesmith and leveled over night for 6 hours mining. I mined for two hours. I ended with a net gain of 789 souls, she ended with 1.3k. So to compare i obtain over double the number of souls per hour that another class without excavate does. Yes, you are right that you likely lost a little bit in gold not being the currency, BUT, you can mine drastically faster and provided you use excavate intelligently there is 0 reason you should feel like you make less money than other professions. Enchanters can't sell their own products, engineers are super hard to market, runesmiths are relatively useless and make less and lets not discuss farmer. Smith is decent but more so for repairing your gear while pvping or deconing things you raid, Enchanter is good in that you can enchant armor, tools, and weapons, but frankly you can get the best weapon enchants out of merchant which is also obviously the money making profession.

TLDR: miner makes souls at nearly double the rate of any other profession while mining and doesn't really need anything to make up for soul loss from not getting uber gold. Maybe a skill like danda proposed that will help with clearing out undercities and things with a 3x3x3 or 9x9x9 that eats the contents, that would be worth it since generally when clearing out the undercity you aren't as worried about funds anyway. Just my 2 cents but you can easily test excavate vs other professions for mining soul generation and see why it's by far in the best place other than merchant.

Evanist

Legacy Supporter 3
This thread makes me laugh> Recently tested on shrine between myself and another player. She was a runesmith and leveled over night for 6 hours mining. I mined for two hours. I ended with a net gain of 789 souls, she ended with 1.3k. So to compare i obtain over double the number of souls per hour that another class without excavate does. Yes, you are right that you likely lost a little bit in gold not being the currency, BUT, you can mine drastically faster and provided you use excavate intelligently there is 0 reason you should feel like you make less money than other professions. Enchanters can't sell their own products, engineers are super hard to market, runesmiths are relatively useless and make less and lets not discuss farmer. Smith is decent but more so for repairing your gear while pvping or deconing things you raid, Enchanter is good in that you can enchant armor, tools, and weapons, but frankly you can get the best weapon enchants out of merchant which is also obviously the money making profession.

TLDR: miner makes souls at nearly double the rate of any other profession while mining and doesn't really need anything to make up for soul loss from not getting uber gold. Maybe a skill like danda proposed that will help with clearing out undercities and things with a 3x3x3 or 9x9x9 that eats the contents, that would be worth it since generally when clearing out the undercity you aren't as worried about funds anyway. Just my 2 cents but you can easily test excavate vs other professions for mining soul generation and see why it's by far in the best place other than merchant.
I read this, and I say that you should take into consideration this: There is a luck base factor, and that something that talked itself with your exemple. You were more lucky, it has nothing to do with miner having double the rate. The skills of miner is more for going and making mining easier light wise. You see in the dark and such, but any profession can go and get torches. Other then that, the double chance for mineral is kinda low also, which does not affect that much. Excavate is used for DIRT and such only. We cannot use it for other things. Sure... I use it to clear out gravel patches underground, but seriously, with how long it last, it is just a small plus compare to what other things there are.

And when you go and talk about runesmith and such, know this: Miner can only go mining, that what they are ment to do. A runesmith can be used for teleports and all that. Miners are missing a certain charm to it now. Before I got my night vision thing, I use to mine the same amount then normal people, using only torches. Sure nightvision helps, but if people get torches, then they do that same tihng.

So you saying that Miner already does enough money or that they already have what they need is like giving a slap behind their head and laughing at them from behind. They are suppose to be able to mine, and seriously, with the 0.01% chance of getting diamonds from stone and the double drop when, for example, alchemist can simply use the coal that is in big quantity to make a diamond, is making me thing there something missing with Miner. Seriously, when I think about it, if Miner would have the transmute ore thing, then there would be less annoyance.

malikdanab

Legacy Supporter 8
Are you making more money than farmers...Yes? Then be happy :p

Yeah, miner needs some work. It's similar to farmer where it doesn't have many useful actives (Forage...why are you so bad!) and passives that barely make a difference.

Iseradore

Legacy Supporter 6
I read this, and I say that you should take into consideration this: There is a luck base factor, and that something that talked itself with your exemple. You were more lucky, it has nothing to do with miner having double the rate. The skills of miner is more for going and making mining easier light wise. You see in the dark and such, but any profession can go and get torches. Other then that, the double chance for mineral is kinda low also, which does not affect that much. Excavate is used for DIRT and such only. We cannot use it for other things. Sure... I use it to clear out gravel patches underground, but seriously, with how long it last, it is just a small plus compare to what other things there are.

And when you go and talk about runesmith and such, know this: Miner can only go mining, that what they are ment to do. A runesmith can be used for teleports and all that. Miners are missing a certain charm to it now. Before I got my night vision thing, I use to mine the same amount then normal people, using only torches. Sure nightvision helps, but if people get torches, then they do that same tihng.

So you saying that Miner already does enough money or that they already have what they need is like giving a slap behind their head and laughing at them from behind. They are suppose to be able to mine, and seriously, with the 0.01% chance of getting diamonds from stone and the double drop when, for example, alchemist can simply use the coal that is in big quantity to make a diamond, is making me thing there something missing with Miner. Seriously, when I think about it, if Miner would have the transmute ore thing, then there would be less annoyance.
Alchemists converting diamonds really makes very little money as well since diamonds are what, 2-4 depending on where you try to buy them. And as to the rates and me being lucky, that is simply not the case. We have done the same thing on numerous occasions, that was just my most recent example from a trip in the shrine. Luck or no luck, out of literally hundreds of hours spent mining as both a miner and an enchanter i average around 260-380 an hour as an enchanter and 675-780 as a miner, well over double the rates. Excavate appears to have a long cd but if used correctly yields enormous results. Simply activate excavate then hold forward while mining on say 11 where lava 90% of the time appears at your feet and so long as you angle camera down slightly and don't fall in/carry a bucket with you, you can clear an enormous area. DO NOT STOP FOR ORES. you simply backtrack when you have finished your excavate, break out all ores you found, then go back to the end of your tunnel and excavate again as generally cd is up by then. I am a mastered merchant, farmer, enchanter, miner, 48 smith, 41 runesmith, and 53 alchemist and can tell you with 100% certainty that miner makes me more money actively farming than any other profession. Enchanter has the side benefit of letting me get souls while replenishing my xp for enchants which sell for 15-25s each enchant not counting base materials cost, but does so at a far far slower rate. I can fraps the whole process and show you how wrong you are if you'd like.

I understand that yes, most of the actives are rather bad in that they don't do anything another profession couldn't already do. But you don't need money making actives. Your rate of collection is drastically higher than any other profession just with excavate. What miner needs is more actives that do things not related to money, but related to mining. I would love a passive increase to mining speeds so i didn't feel so slowed down when not excavating, or an active that lets me clear bigger chunks faster and would gladly take the downside of not having souls/ores drop from it. I have now cleared two full regions of undercities, one without excavate, and one with and it would have been a godsend to have some faster way to clear.