• Guest, HEROCRAFT PUBLIC RELEASE IS HAPPENING AN HOUR EARLIER! TONIGHT @ 7PM CST GET READY FOR IT! play.hc.to
    Read up on the guides and new systems! Here.
    View the LIVE Map here @ hc.to/map
    Stuck or have a problem? use "/pe create" to to open a ticket with staff (There are some known issues and other hotfixes we will be pushing asap)
  • Guest, Make sure to use our LAUNCHER! Read more here!

Suggestion Meeting Speak Permissions

lhatchy1

Legacy Supporter 4
So, as it stands, people who are t6+, Mayors or Staff can talk during the meeting main segment.

I just feel it to be illogical that people who are elite/veteran can't talk, but people who have donated enough can.

@Kainzo tagging cos' of late notice.

I just feel like I've been here a long time, but because I didn't donate enough I can't speak during the main meeting segment, even though I've been here for 2 1/2 years.

Thoughts?

Last edited:

Azzezima

Legacy Supporter 5
I think that anyone that played this game for a year and doesn't have a bad reputation should be able to speak.

-Azzezima-

Evanist

Legacy Supporter 3
Agreed to that... Kinda makes it that those who are staying true to herocraft would have at least the feeling of being accepted

Jonsoon

Legacy Supporter 8
So, as it stands, people who are t6+, Mayors or Staff can talk during the meeting main segment.

I just feel it to be illogical that people who are elite/veteran can't talk, but people who have donated enough can.

@Kainzo tagging cos' of late notice.

I just feel like I've been here a long time, but because I didn't donate enough I can't speak during the main meeting segment, even though I've been here for 2 1/2 years.

Thoughts?
It has little to do with keeping non donors out. Could you imagine 100 people all having speak perms in a single TS channel? That is why the restriction is in place.

devotedworker

Retired Staff
Max Legacy Supporter
it seems illogical to block out a large portion of the comunity for a " Comunity Meeting ", but I can see where it would be required to restrict the number of users talking at the same time, but there are much better ways of going around this. Maybe have each user submit 1-2 questions before the chat and during the chat have the Staff discuss the good questions with other staff members. The doners could still talk as they did in this meeting, but atleast all the users would have an influence on the topics at hand :D

I really wanted to ask some good questions! XD ( Though most of them got answered anyway T_T )

Jonsoon

Legacy Supporter 8
it seems illogical to block out a large portion of the comunity for a " Comunity Meeting ", but I can see where it would be required to restrict the number of users talking at the same time, but there are much better ways of going around this. Maybe have each user submit 1-2 questions before the chat and during the chat have the Staff discuss the good questions with other staff members. The doners could still talk as they did in this meeting, but atleast all the users would have an influence on the topics at hand :D

I really wanted to ask some good questions! XD ( Though most of them got answered anyway T_T )
You mean the thread where Kainzo announced the meeting and asked people for topics they would talk about?
http://herocraftonline.com/main/threads/community-meeting-03-15-14-3pm-cst.50393/

devotedworker

Retired Staff
Max Legacy Supporter
Sorta like that, but maybe it be a tad more organized and well suited. As far as I was aware till you mentioned it, I was not aware that was a discussion going on XD ( Picking your questions and such ) ( This was probably my own fault for not noticing it XD )

But in either case, even with the "Not Allowing regular people to talk" I still was satisfied with the discussions held during the meeting, not to look as though I am utterly disgusted with the meeting. It was good :D

Fjordsen

Legacy Supporter 6
I think that anyone that played this game for a year and doesn't have a bad reputation should be able to speak.-
So they should judge every single person that joins the meeting wether their reputation is good enough or not? That would take such a long time.

Air_Restraint

Legacy Supporter 6
I really agree with this. It's kinda stupid in my opinion. Someone that just joined could pay for tier 6 and put in their opinion about a server they aren't familiar with. It kinda sucked just watching the meeting and not speaking when I have played for close to 2 years. But it is Kainzo's decision. If he wants it that way then we will have to deal with it.