• Guest, HEROCRAFT PUBLIC RELEASE IS HAPPENING AN HOUR EARLIER! TONIGHT @ 7PM CST GET READY FOR IT! play.hc.to
    Read up on the guides and new systems! Here.
    View the LIVE Map here @ hc.to/map
    Stuck or have a problem? use "/pe create" to to open a ticket with staff (There are some known issues and other hotfixes we will be pushing asap)
  • Guest, Make sure to use our LAUNCHER! Read more here!
Minecraft IGN: Maxim_V_Midnight

Position applying for: Rules Council

Age|Timezone: 29 | Eastern (-05:00 EST)

How long have you been on Herocraft?: 9 Months

Why do you think you would make a good Council Member?: I'm a natural Mediator, I have occupied various Staff and Non-Staff roles on a number of sites (I think my last application had a spreadsheet with my experience, and the names of the games I was on, etc), and one of the greatest traits I think would make me a SUPERB candidate for ANY Staff Role.....Empathy.

I understand that "Rules are rules", but I also know that there is always more going on than meets the eye. My ultimate aim, since I've joined (encompassing any community I have ever been a part of), is to encourage comeradery, cooperation, and - in the case of PvP Online Games - a chivalrous attitude, both In-Game, as well as between the players themselves in the Community.

I am a naturally hardwired Egalitarian, and in the same way I hold everyone (regardless of status) responsible for their actions, I also know that people who break their backs for a community deserve to be cut a little slack, within reason.

In short: "Been There, Done That, And Have a Resume" :p

What is your play-style and what do you like to do in game?: I am a lessaiz-faire leader, in terms of any role I've held as a Mayor or Party Leader, my focus mainly being Cooperation and Teamwork. In disputes we can't come to a head on, decisions can be determined by a coin toss, so long as everyone's willing to abide by the final decision. I don't believe any one human is anymore entitled to basic-level respect or consideration than another, but I also believe that - beyond that - everyone needs to work for what they want, and pay their dues.

In terms of what I do on my own, and how I play Herocraft....I kind of just 'wing it', and do whatever whim hits me. If I had the time and energy to commit to hours of daily grinding to raise my money and sustain a Town, I would work on that....but, as I don't, I usually just focus on improving my Building skills, within the comforts of whatever Cave, Hobbit-hole, or Bio-Dome I build for myself.

I kind of apply the Buddhist principle "Change is the only constant", and same as Buddhist monks would create intricate patterns and designs in the sand, only to smooth it out and erase it (practicing the "accept that change happens"), I often construct my Builds, only to take them down, and 'set up shop' elsewhere for awhile, only to do the same.

When I was part of a town on the old Map, I was a Supplier for the Town Shop. I am a Pack Creature by-nature, usually only playing the role of "Lone Wolf" due to my being somewhat jaded from bad experiences in the past.

Additional info you would like to tell us?:

I would like to take up more responsibility around Herocraft in general, but I honestly haven't seen any apparent need for anymore Proctors or Guides (I could be wrong). Also, I would like to be part of adding incentives, and maybe smoothing out some of the rougher edges of the Rule System, so that we can not only keep Rulebreakers at bay, but also encourage people to be active.

I would also like, if such a role were possible for me to attain, to become a Story Guide, or - in essence - someone who could be part of a Team that makes Roleplaying, and actual Storylines, a big part of Herocraft, as much as the PvP/etc.