• Guest, HEROCRAFT PUBLIC RELEASE IS HAPPENING AN HOUR EARLIER! TONIGHT @ 7PM CST GET READY FOR IT! play.hc.to
    Read up on the guides and new systems! Here.
    View the LIVE Map here @ hc.to/map
    Stuck or have a problem? use "/pe create" to to open a ticket with staff (There are some known issues and other hotfixes we will be pushing asap)
  • Guest, Make sure to use our LAUNCHER! Read more here!

Suggestion Making all of PVE a Warzone

Do you want all of PvE as a warzone?

• Total voters

devotedworker

Retired Staff
Max Legacy Supporter
Ok So I suck at explaining stuff through text, im much better at talking but lets see how this goes, apologies for bad grammar.

The problem right now is why is anyone from PvE going to venture out into pvp to just get killed when they can peacefully live with their friends and not have any worries. They are quite frankly scared of going into PvP because they see no need to go there when they can just do the exact same in PvE, except theres no risk of dieing.

The point Im making is they shouldn't feel scared and feared going into PvP. Obviously there needs to be a risk but not to an extent that they can't even go there. And that it should be a fun experience where you can peace

So I had this idea which is kind of similar to the Peace / War system in some aspects. The way it works is for a X amount of time PvP goes into Battle Phase (crap name someone else come up with a good one) This is where when you die you loose no exp, no gear no durability on your weapons meaning you can freely fight and just have a good time. This is to get rid of that fear aspect and make them think heck, lets go fight for abit see how we do. Making it a fun competitive phase for a certain amount of time. The no armor dropping and item lost durability can only be activated if that player is combat tagged. This is means it cannot be abused for a reason to go mining or any that involves risk. This is a good chance for players to set up group fights and just have a rumble.

I think this could really help seeing as PvP is beginning to die out. I personally love massive fights and Im sure others do too, and this is also a good experience to PvE players to see what made herocraft great, the PVP!. If and when the test server is set up, maybe introduce this or something familiar to see how it goes.

Please leave improvements and suggestions (keep it clean no flaming plz x ) as Im sure many are needed but this is just a starting point for hopefully something that could work out.

Thought I would just copy it here seeing as I got like no feedback ^_^

-Chazza @minimike96 @Irishman81 @Trazil @devotedworker
Edit: And this is why I should really pay attention to who I hit reply too. Sorry Chazza, I meant to rely to someone else >.<

Last edited:

zecaseo

ICE ICE ICE!
="ChazzaMaGazza, post: 448067, member: 75947"

The problem right now is why is anyone from PvE going to venture out into pvp to just get killed when they can peacefully live with their friends and not have any worries. They are quite frankly scared of going into PvP because they see no need to go there when they can just do the exact same in PvE, except theres no risk of dieing.

The point Im making is they shouldn't feel scared and feared going into PvP. Obviously there needs to be a risk but not to an extent that they can't even go there. And that it should be a fun experience where you can peace

So I had this idea which is kind of similar to the Peace / War system in some aspects. The way it works is for a X amount of time PvP goes into Battle Phase (crap name someone else come up with a good one) This is where when you die you loose no exp, no gear no durability on your weapons meaning you can freely fight and just have a good time. This is to get rid of that fear aspect and make them think heck, lets go fight for abit see how we do. Making it a fun competitive phase for a certain amount of time. The no armor dropping and item lost durability can only be activated if that player is combat tagged. This is means it cannot be abused for a reason to go mining or any that involves risk. This is a good chance for players to set up group fights and just have a rumble.

I think this could really help seeing as PvP is beginning to die out. I personally love massive fights and Im sure others do too, and this is also a good experience to PvE players to see what made herocraft great, the PVP!. If and when the test server is set up, maybe introduce this or something familiar to see how it goes.

Please leave improvements and suggestions (keep it clean no flaming plz x ) as Im sure many are needed but this is just a starting point for hopefully something that could work out.

Thought I would just copy it here seeing as I got like no feedback ^_^

-Chazza @minimike96 @Irishman81 @Trazil @devotedworker

I can verify that this would indeed work on me, and I abhor open world pvp

Trazil

Legacy Supporter 2
Its still forcing users to play PVP, even if we don't want too. I'm sorry but I disagree
Read plz

I can verify that this would indeed work on me, and I abhor open world pvp
World PVP is so much more exciting than arenas :p

@ChazzaMaGazza sounds good, and I would honestly be fine if it was on all the time and instead take dmg when mobs hit you. Gear already doesn't drop from people and I really don't like searching for armor to wear to a fight that doesn't need repairs.

I don't really see what it would be abused for anyway, but this seems like a good idea. Having an environment where you can fight with your own gear and not have it all or nothing is a pretty good idea. I never go to arenas cause I get bad gear (I get leather armor as a bard and a fucking jukebox instead of a disc, woo 3 extra damage for kick not going off cause it thinks I'm placing a block) even though I have nothing to lose in it.
I can't speak for the people who play PvE, but this would've drawn me off of PvE last map and if it's put in will make me PvP a lot more. Everytime I try I can't find anyone and if I do it's usually a group and I die :c

Overall: Good Idea. It wouldn't make PvP less rewarding cause you don't drop crap on death anyway.

I agree completely with what Mike said. If this was implemented, I'd sure go into PvP a lot more.

musaabali

Glowing Redstone
Chazza's idea is good but to expand it what if during that pvp event there was a in-game point total that went up every kill you made. If you killed someone with more points then you, you get more points based on their total, and if you die you lose points based on how much points the killer has. The prizes could be stuff like
Special trail for winner??
crate keys for being in top 5
trails for top 10
titles for top 15/20

maybe change prizes to balance them
-please don't hate my idea

-note if you have lower points you gain more from them
if you died you lose more points if the killer had less

TonyDaChivalrous

Legacy Supporter 1
Chazza's idea is good but to expand it what if during that pvp event there was a in-game point total that went up every kill you made. If you killed someone with more points then you, you get more points based on their total, and if you die you lose points based on how much points the killer has. The prizes could be stuff like
trails for top 10
titles for top 15/20

I'd personally switch the titles and trails prizes cause titles are seen more then trails :)

Dewyn

Retired Staff
Hmm. It's a good idea, more or less - you're always get to get people complaining on both sides, and you can't do anything about it. Hell, why complain? It's not like it's convincing anyone; if someone is set on their ideas, chances are they aren't going to be terribly willing to sit and think critically about what you're saying.

Anyway - I'm rambling, that's beside my point. What I'm getting at is, where are these new players coming from? For a while the server was getting a decent flow from Technic (100+ people whenever I checked during the day), but every time I've logged on lately it's been 20-40 people. That's Aegis-low (well, not exactly, Aegis had maybe 7 people on at any given time).

I haven't been on in quite a while; feel free to correct me if I'm wrong about recent server population.

Trazil

Legacy Supporter 2
Hmm. It's a good idea, more or less - you're always get to get people complaining on both sides, and you can't do anything about it. Hell, why complain? It's not like it's convincing anyone; if someone is set on their ideas, chances are they aren't going to be terribly willing to sit and think critically about what you're saying.

Anyway - I'm rambling, that's beside my point. What I'm getting at is, where are these new players coming from? For a while the server was getting a decent flow from Technic (100+ people whenever I checked during the day), but every time I've logged on lately it's been 20-40 people. That's Aegis-low (well, not exactly, Aegis had maybe 7 people on at any given time).

I haven't been on in quite a while; feel free to correct me if I'm wrong about recent server population.
IMO PVE just takes tons of the old excitement away, people get bored and leave.

Trazil

Legacy Supporter 2
trails for top 10
titles for top 15/20

That would be too often and they would give away too much stuff

Xelarator1

Obsidian

Around 10-20 people seem to be on all the time, then the server pops up to 40 people in the middle of the day, and finally hits 60-80 ish during peak hours.

Trazil

Legacy Supporter 2
Around 10-20 people seem to be on all the time, then the server pops up to 40 people in the middle of the day, and finally hits 60-80 ish during peak hours.
That's really sad, 3 months ago it was 150-200 :(
(There was more PVP then too :p hmmm maybe a connection)

Xelarator1

Obsidian
That's really sad, 3 months ago it was 150-200 :(
(There was more PVP then too :p hmmm maybe a connection)
There were also more active PvE towns too, Victoria still existed, boosts were raining down from the heavens, and Kainzo occasionally held that one little zombie event at the PvE sanctum where he spawned a bunch of mobs for leveling. Though I always thought the population back then was around 100-150 ish.

Trazil

Legacy Supporter 2
There were also more active PvE towns too, Victoria still existed, boosts were raining down from the heavens, and Kainzo occasionally held that one little zombie event at the PvE sanctum where he spawned a bunch of mobs for leveling. Though I always thought the population back then was around 100-150 ish.
Late December was still close to 200, slowly dropped and PVP slowly declined. The PVP back then was actually active, there was almost always someone at Indar now I can just run around there and not have anyone to fight, pretty sad how you go from random 5v5s and organized large fights to needing to track someone half way around the map just to fight them.