• Guest, HEROCRAFT PUBLIC RELEASE IS HAPPENING AN HOUR EARLIER! TONIGHT @ 7PM CST GET READY FOR IT! play.hc.to
    Read up on the guides and new systems! Here.
    View the LIVE Map here @ hc.to/map
    Stuck or have a problem? use "/pe create" to to open a ticket with staff (There are some known issues and other hotfixes we will be pushing asap)
  • Guest, Make sure to use our LAUNCHER! Read more here!

Suggestion Making all of PVE a Warzone

Do you want all of PvE as a warzone?

• Total voters

LordZelkova

Ashen One...
Legacy Supporter 8
Axiom stopped winning, Jreems got banned = no more raids. Simple enough? I never said winning is the only way to have fun. What I was saying is that he never raided with axiom
Again, just cause you never saw him raid doesnt mean he never did

zecaseo

ICE ICE ICE!
Are you really trying to argue that if people in PVE wanted to do a form of PVP they should get more people to come to PVE? That makes sense right? I mean if I live somewhere that I can't really fight, but I can use something to fight with I should get some people over here to let me use it on, even though they may be nearly as addicted to this game for the amount of souls I can put into it. Great logic there devoted. Congrats. Kainzo's original idea in theory was good, the people in PVE have no risks therefore should have to spend a little longer on getting their things. No risk but taking a little longer is a pretty equal exchange.

I'm surprised you actually said one of Kainzo's ideas was bad, you usually suck up to him :p

Fairly certain you missed something in here, like, oh I don't know, making a scenario in which you might understand what it was like? Ever hear of a simile? A metaphor?

devotedworker

Retired Staff
Max Legacy Supporter
( Ignores Trapzor's Teacher pet Comment )

I think a better idea than to turn PVE into a Warzone ( as its a bad thing to us PVE'ers ) is to find ways to grow the PVP fanbase, As we can't Artificially grow it ( by forcing PVE to play PVP ).

Why not use some of these idea's instead ^_^

1. Add new classes that have alternitive play styles in PVP situations
2. Force PVP ( and PVE ) Towns to keep a Public Forum so more Townies can be recruited into PVP before they get mad and go into PVE
3. Add new PVP playstyles, and make Arena more Easly accessable and Public ( Ex. Advertize it in chat and add runes that go there )
4. Add back those battle waypoint thingz, they seemed to be somewhat encuraging of PVP, and also drew some borderline PVE players into the mix
5. Add in some sort of New Feature that could bring People into PVP zones ( not forced but if it happens to be in PVP people will go there ) like Random Bosses, ect
6. Change some of the Server adds to be more appealing to PVP players
7. Add Penaltys to killing and scaring off Noobs into PVE ( Can be Player run or Server run )
8. Add less penaltys for PVP death, but the same amount of reward for the killer
9. Add a Noob Immunity for a short period of time so they have the chance to get a Town in PVP

LordZelkova

Ashen One...
Legacy Supporter 8
( Ignores Trapzor's Teacher pet Comment )

I think a better idea than to turn PVE into a Warzone ( as its a bad thing to us PVE'ers ) is to find ways to grow the PVP fanbase, As we can't Artificially grow it ( by forcing PVE to play PVP ).

Why not use some of these idea's instead ^_^

1. Add new classes that have alternitive play styles in PVP situations
2. Force PVP ( and PVE ) Towns to keep a Public Forum so more Townies can be recruited into PVP before they get mad and go into PVE
3. Add new PVP playstyles, and make Arena more Easly accessable and Public ( Ex. Advertize it in chat and add runes that go there )
4. Add back those battle waypoint thingz, they seemed to be somewhat encuraging of PVP, and also drew some borderline PVE players into the mix
5. Add in some sort of New Feature that could bring People into PVP zones ( not forced but if it happens to be in PVP people will go there ) like Random Bosses, ect
6. Change some of the Server adds to be more appealing to PVP players
7. Add Penaltys to killing and scaring off Noobs into PVE ( Can be Player run or Server run )
8. Add less penaltys for PVP death, but the same amount of reward for the killer
9. Add a Noob Immunity for a short period of time so they have the chance to get a Town in PVP

1. Adding new classes is hard. Shaman and Sammy took forever to come in and were under heavy balance for a while. But would be neat to see new classes again
2. When did this stop? I remember every town had a forum page.
3. Kainzo wants to find a way for a /warp arena style command like /duel used to be.
4. You mean conquest? From what I heard they were dumb and people just camped them and nothing happened.
5. Mythic Mobs can make a return ;)
6. What do you mean with this one?
7. Karma. Where'd that go?
8. I wouldn't add rewards. Would just make noob farming a thing.
9. This has been brought up. I disagree with an immunity period but it could work I guess.

Trazil

Legacy Supporter 2
1. Only way you will get multiple more classes is if Kainzo starts paying people to code and balance them fast.

2. Just because a town has a thread doesn't mean they will ever recruit, look back to the PVP towns on bastion and see how many apps they responded to on there accepting people that were new.

3. Most people want world PVP not arena crap where there is no risk or reward.

4. Conquest points were camped and worthless.

5. No mobs that take forever to kill plz, that just makes things feel like a boring grind.

6. Add hardcore back into the server, something that it has lost almost totally. No more carebearcraft.

7. Will never work, karma was introduced in bastion but did nothing but give titles. People enjoyed karma and the titles but it hasn't come back.

8. No more death chests on PVP deaths, this will make for less camping because half the time people will wait the full 11 mins or whatever just to loot the chest.

9. No immunity period. An immunity combat class requirement might work and I've suggested that before, like lvl 20 combat before you can be attacked which seems pretty reasonable.

Kainzo

The Disposable Hero
Staff member
Founder
Adventure Team
I'm actually considering this coming in, I don't really like how uninformative it is and the way I designed the system without a plugin, it really cant inform players where / when war is coming easily.

Herocraft will always go through changes. It's what keeps us alive. There's several changes we have yet to push that will need to make things better for everyone.

Treasure hunting is only available in the south, this encourages travel / moving there. There are other changes to want to encourage PVP gameplay while not outright enforcing it "all day".

Everyone will always state "X map was so much better" this has been going on since SANCTUM, and those players who are still alive in the world today, will still probably state Sanctum was the "prime" of Herocraft, despite having only 2-3% of the player base even having played minecraft at the time.

Stop looking at the past with rose tinted glasses, we had issues then and we have issues now and its unlikely we'll ever be able to fix all issues.

Xhazed

Portal
A: Posts like this are why flame wars start
B: We had that remember? PvP did no better, they all still complained PvE was bad and that no one was PvPing
Because you could mine and bring items to pvp im talking about totaly separate like no xp or items transfer

I think what everybody fails to realize here is that there will be complaints with EVERYTHING. I say that quite literally because even if you were to fix the PVP, then people would complain about PVE. People will complain about anything. The truth of the matter is, there's simply no pleasing everybody.

Let's all agree to disagree.

Jrr_

Architect
Balance Team
Adventure Team
Legacy Supporter 3
Just a heads up to everyone else within this thread or reading it. Kainzo did say in game that he will be adding this mechanic (turning all of PVE into a warzone) to see how it goes. Time to start buffing up your SR security PVE'ers :)
Throwing my two cents in...
That sounds like a good idea but guess what its just too late, and that goes with a lot of other decisions that happen. Everything comes to late and by the time they come people have quit.

Trazil

Legacy Supporter 2
We had that. And no one played on PvE at that time, yet PvP was no better.
PVP actually was much better on Haven, ANY time of the day I could find PVP within 10 mins. Usually Atleast 2-3 to fight against sometimes over 10 if it was AD prime time. But the point is that worked MUCH better

Irishman81

Senior Staff
Guide
Architect
Balance Team
Legacy Supporter 7
PVP actually was much better on Haven, ANY time of the day I could find PVP within 10 mins. Usually Atleast 2-3 to fight against sometimes over 10 if it was AD prime time. But the point is that worked MUCH better
It was always AD prime time

ChazzaMaGazza

ICE ICE ICE!
Ok So I suck at explaining stuff through text, im much better at talking but lets see how this goes, apologies for bad grammar.

The problem right now is why is anyone from PvE going to venture out into pvp to just get killed when they can peacefully live with their friends and not have any worries. They are quite frankly scared of going into PvP because they see no need to go there when they can just do the exact same in PvE, except theres no risk of dieing.

The point Im making is they shouldn't feel scared and feared going into PvP. Obviously there needs to be a risk but not to an extent that they can't even go there. And that it should be a fun experience where you can peace

So I had this idea which is kind of similar to the Peace / War system in some aspects. The way it works is for a X amount of time PvP goes into Battle Phase (crap name someone else come up with a good one) This is where when you die you loose no exp, no gear no durability on your weapons meaning you can freely fight and just have a good time. This is to get rid of that fear aspect and make them think heck, lets go fight for abit see how we do. Making it a fun competitive phase for a certain amount of time. The no armor dropping and item lost durability can only be activated if that player is combat tagged. This is means it cannot be abused for a reason to go mining or any that involves risk. This is a good chance for players to set up group fights and just have a rumble.

I think this could really help seeing as PvP is beginning to die out. I personally love massive fights and Im sure others do too, and this is also a good experience to PvE players to see what made herocraft great, the PVP!. If and when the test server is set up, maybe introduce this or something familiar to see how it goes.

Please leave improvements and suggestions (keep it clean no flaming plz x ) as Im sure many are needed but this is just a starting point for hopefully something that could work out.

Thought I would just copy it here seeing as I got like no feedback ^_^

-Chazza @minimike96 @Irishman81 @Trazil @devotedworker

LordZelkova

Ashen One...
Legacy Supporter 8
So I had this idea which is kind of similar to the Peace / War system in some aspects. The way it works is for a X amount of time PvP goes into Battle Phase (crap name someone else come up with a good one) This is where when you die you loose no exp, no gear no durability on your weapons meaning you can freely fight and just have a good time. This is to get rid of that fear aspect and make them think heck, lets go fight for abit see how we do. Making it a fun competitive phase for a certain amount of time. The no armor dropping and item lost durability can only be activated if that player is combat tagged. This is means it cannot be abused for a reason to go mining or any that involves risk. This is a good chance for players to set up group fights and just have a rumble.

I think this could really help seeing as PvP is beginning to die out. I personally love massive fights and Im sure others do too, and this is also a good experience to PvE players to see what made herocraft great, the PVP!. If and when the test server is set up, maybe introduce this or something familiar to see how it goes.
I don't really see what it would be abused for anyway, but this seems like a good idea. Having an environment where you can fight with your own gear and not have it all or nothing is a pretty good idea. I never go to arenas cause I get bad gear (I get leather armor as a bard and a fucking jukebox instead of a disc, woo 3 extra damage for kick not going off cause it thinks I'm placing a block) even though I have nothing to lose in it.
I can't speak for the people who play PvE, but this would've drawn me off of PvE last map and if it's put in will make me PvP a lot more. Everytime I try I can't find anyone and if I do it's usually a group and I die :c

Overall: Good Idea. It wouldn't make PvP less rewarding cause you don't drop crap on death anyway.