• Guest, HEROCRAFT PUBLIC RELEASE IS HAPPENING AN HOUR EARLIER! TONIGHT @ 7PM CST GET READY FOR IT! play.hc.to
    Read up on the guides and new systems! Here.
    View the LIVE Map here @ hc.to/map
    Stuck or have a problem? use "/pe create" to to open a ticket with staff (There are some known issues and other hotfixes we will be pushing asap)
  • Guest, Make sure to use our LAUNCHER! Read more here!

Suggestion Make PvP more sought out

Uahua

Gold
-Make outposts more accessible and rewarded.
  • Possibly make a TP to outposts (Don't completely like this).
  • Make outposts so its claimed by a clan or town and held until contested, the clan/town is rewarded at a time interval (say 10 minutes).
  • Increase the reward of the outposts, increased souls, no exp given, no mobs spawn.
  • Unlock all outposts all the time.
-Increase the amount of people in a party.
  • I shouldn't even have to say this... Why limit the amount of people you can fight with and against?
  • 5v5s are fun, 10v10s are more fun
-This isn't exactly to increase PvP right now, but for in the long run. Make some sort of newbie protection.
  • Make it so new players can't be camped for 5 hours straight to 'improve people's KDR', new players have a 'grace period', for a set number of days for which they cannot be attacked unless they struck the enemy.
=====================================================================================

This server's main feature, the hero's mod is primarily for PvP, but what this server has set in place doesn't exactly synergize with that. It can't be ignored, this server has dwindling players, with very few new members staying after their first week. i don't know why somebody would come play a MineCraft server to play WoW, because that's basically what you want this to be. With the introduction of Quests it WILL be WoW, embrace what the community wants and not what you see this server being.
So what I'm saying is don't just stick to the plan, sometimes the plan doesn't work and it seems like it isn't working.. Start making polls to see what the community wants, perhaps I'm wrong and what you're doing will turn out perfectly but it doesn't seem that way. When you see old players leaving, you know somethings wrong.

(When I say 'you' I mean the staff)

I post this with the utmost respect,
Uahua

((ALSO: I MISS BEASTMASTER))

VIzzirgrizzIV

Glowing Redstone
The pvp is getting awesome cause theres like 30 ppl on pvp but theyre all scattered around in diff towns and like that theres no way to actually find good pvp. TOWNS SHALL BE awesome

0xNaomi

Legacy Supporter 6
Retired Staff
  • Make outposts so its claimed by a clan or town and held until contested, the clan/town is rewarded at a time interval (say 10 minutes).
  • Increase the reward of the outposts, increased souls, no exp given, no mobs spawn.
Nothing to say on this, just don't want anyone to tell me I ignored it.

-Increase the amount of people in a party.

• I shouldn't even have to say this... Why limit the amount of people you can fight with and against?
  • 5v5s are fun, 10v10s are more fun
Mmk, let's just allow parties up to forever size.
I don't see how 5s wouldn't suffice. Fight with another group and don't use giant AOEs.
Side note: Are there even enough people OUT there for 10v10?

(When I say 'you' I mean the staff)
And by 'staff' I pretty much can assure you it's Kain.

Uahua

Gold

I don't see how 5s wouldn't suffice. Fight with another group and don't use giant AOEs.

By not saying anything you are essentially ignoring it, that is also the most important thing on the post imo.

Why limit the amount of people in the party? I dont understand the logic, you say why isn't a group of 5 large enough? I say why isn't it. If I have 6 people i have to find the player with the class that would least effect the party in terms of aoe (aoe dmg/heals), for what reason should I be forced to do so? You're limiting group PvP on group oriented server.

Yes, it does mean Kainzo

0xNaomi

Legacy Supporter 6
Retired Staff
Why limit the amount of people in the party? I dont understand the logic, you say why isn't a group of 5 large enough? I say why isn't it. If I have 6 people i have to find the player with the class that would least effect the party in terms of aoe (aoe dmg/heals), for what reason should I be forced to do so? You're limiting group PvP on group oriented server.
Let me do a slight tweak here...
"Why limit the amount of people in the party? I dont understand the logic, you say why isn't a group of 10 large enough? I say why isn't it. If I have 11 people i have to find the balance of classes that would least effect the party in terms of aoe (aoe dmg/heals), for what reason should I be forced to do so? You're limiting group PvP on group oriented server."

0xNaomi

Legacy Supporter 6
Retired Staff
It what post did I say 'limit the party size to 10?'
1) The only number other than 5v5 mentioned was 10v10
2) You said "increase" not "remove the limit"
3) I was using 10 as an example, you can swap it out to any X and X+1, there'll be some group that complains they dare have to split their party.

In other topics:
By not saying anything you are essentially ignoring it, that is also the most important thing on the post imo.
Never even touched conquest points, if I spoke on it I'd be clueless on what it means to the actual server.

-This isn't exactly to increase PvP right now, but for in the long run. Make some sort of newbie protection.
PvE map exists for a reason. There used to be a "lvl 10" protection when it was *only* PvP, but it's not now.

Make it so new players can't be camped for 5 hours straight to 'improve people's KDR', new players have a 'grace period', for a set number of days for which they cannot be attacked unless they struck the enemy.
If a player isn't in a clan, it counts as negative KDR. If a player in a clan is being camped for 5 hours straight, the clan should reevaluate on if they really need that player.

Uahua

Gold
In regards to the newbie suggestion, I'm only trying to make it easier for new players to join and enjoy the entire server. Many new players don't want to grind it out so they can join the pvp server.. New people tend to join in groups and they want to pvp each other, not maxed leveled randoms who just camp them for fun. I suppose you could blame the community for having the 'there's a pve server' mentality. Like I said, If somebody wanted a PvE game with classes and profs they would play WoW.

malikdanab

Legacy Supporter 8
Kainzo was discussing that 10 man parties may come back, but with a change to AOEs. They would be limited so they only effect 5 people max.

0xNaomi

Legacy Supporter 6
Retired Staff
New people tend to join in groups and they want to pvp each other, not maxed leveled randoms who just camp them for fun.

1) Maxed level randoms will go after them no matter what, so long as they're out and about.
2) If they want to PvP each other there's an arena in Central.

Uahua

Gold
1) Maxed level randoms will go after them no matter what, so long as they're out and about.
hey man you wanna run 1k blocks every time its daytime and fight in the arena? (they want to pvp when they cant grind at night..)

Uahua

Gold

0xNaomi

Legacy Supporter 6
Retired Staff
hey man you wanna run 1k blocks every time its daytime and fight in the arena? (they want to pvp when they cant grind at night..)
1) If you're on PvE then the timing of your going to Central is irrelevant. It doesn't matter when the "PvP"ers are trying to gank noobs, you're not there.
2) You imply that you'd want to fight your friend EVERY ingame day, which I don't see as likely. "Hey man I just got like 1 level let's rematch"
3) Do you want to run from graveyard to where you were "every day"? Graveyards are scarce.

Uahua

Gold
You don't have to pvp till death, and if you do then have a base close to gy. My group and I always did that to pass the time. It's much more fun than doing nothing.

Y

ytiggidmas

Let me do a slight tweak here...
"Why limit the amount of people in the party? I dont understand the logic, you say why isn't a group of 10 large enough? I say why isn't it. If I have 11 people i have to find the balance of classes that would least effect the party in terms of aoe (aoe dmg/heals), for what reason should I be forced to do so? You're limiting group PvP on group oriented server."
Gotta say i'm pretty disappointed with what you've been doing on the forums recently, constantly disagreeing with people's suggestion. Shooting people who have valid reasoning down, because you'd rather brown nose the staff than have an uplifting change to the server. I haven't seen you online a single time throughout this map, and because of this I'm going to have to say your opinions on the party limit, and conquest point are invalid. You have not experienced what it's like to be at a conquest point, or have to kick people from a party when you want to go a conquest point. You hardly know anything of the gameplay on Herocraft right now. stop acting like you know shit when you don't.

Last edited by a moderator: