• Guest, HEROCRAFT PUBLIC RELEASE IS HAPPENING AN HOUR EARLIER! TONIGHT @ 7PM CST GET READY FOR IT! play.hc.to
    Read up on the guides and new systems! Here.
    View the LIVE Map here @ hc.to/map
    Stuck or have a problem? use "/pe create" to to open a ticket with staff (There are some known issues and other hotfixes we will be pushing asap)
  • Guest, Make sure to use our LAUNCHER! Read more here!

Suggestion Make PvP more sought out

Manieri1

Stone
Gotta say i'm pretty disappointed with what you've been doing on the forums recently, constantly disagreeing with people's suggestion. Shooting people who have valid reasoning down, because you'd rather brown nose the staff than have an uplifting change to the server. I haven't seen you online a single team throughout this map, and because of this I'm going to have to say you're opinions on the party limit, and conquest point are invalid. You have not experienced what it's like to be at a conquest point, or have kick people from a party when you want to go a conquest point. You hardly know anything of the gameplay on Herocraft right now. stop acting like you know shit when you don't.

Never even touched conquest points, if I spoke on it I'd be clueless on what it means to the actual server.

Kainzo

The Disposable Hero
Staff member
Founder
Adventure Team
Appreciate the suggestion - we won't be halting or discontinuing RPG plans though. Our goal is to have a multi-faceted server that gives all styles of play equal and fair opportunity at enjoying the server.

I'm all for suggestions in regards to having PVP better.

Things I can see change is changing the party pvp size limit and reducing the AOE heals/dmg to allow for better balancing. We dont want players to feel left out - for those who said that the server cant hold 10 v 10 - we don't code for small size things, we code for large and adjustments things so it doesnt much matter.

Things are changing with balance and gameplay dynamics are shifting. Herocraft for almost 2 years straight had a heavy impact with PVP but now its shifting to be more balanced on how players enjoy the game.

0xNaomi

Legacy Supporter 6
Retired Staff
Gotta say i'm pretty disappointed with what you've been doing on the forums recently, constantly disagreeing with people's suggestion. Shooting people who have valid reasoning down, because you'd rather brown nose the staff than have an uplifting change to the server. I haven't seen you online a single team throughout this map, and because of this I'm going to have to say you're opinions on the party limit, and conquest point are invalid. You have not experienced what it's like to be at a conquest point, or have kick people from a party when you want to go a conquest point. You hardly know anything of the gameplay on Herocraft right now. stop acting like you know shit when you don't.
I have played slightly on Sanctuary. I already stated my lack of knowledge of conquest points as pointed out by @Manieri1 but it's not like Heroes underwent a revolution between maps.
Classes weren't heavily changed for the new map, the party size change could've been on Bastion and half of the changes from then to now would be irrelevant.
If there are other changes I should show my face in, poke me. If I notice something I can actually do something about, or that I know something can be done about, I make note of it.

I could see arguments against a party of 5 when towns were effectively a megaparty, but unless you try attacking them in their own town that is no longer the case. The only point I ever hear about this damn topic is "I have 6 and I don't want to leave them out" and I since they keep stating the same thing every time, so do I. I've yet to hear much of anything else. I don't care if the party size is 2 or 100, if you have 6 and they have 10, you're having a sad time no matter what the party size limits their AOE safety to.

Ofc, if @Kainzo does as he says and changes AOEs to have much of the same effect, then the circumstances will be completely different. In any case, how it's implemented is really a mystery until it's in live, so theorycrafting that is a pointless endeavor at the moment.

Uahua

Gold
My favourite part of the thread is yet to be acknowledged :( the conquest points, the idea of it being held by a clan/town and the clan/town is rewarded at a time interval. I believe that was the way it was when it was first released (as outposts i think they were called..), I still enjoy that concept.

A clan or town would essentially claim ownership of the conquest point and reap the rewards and they would have to constantly defend it if they wish to keep it. I think the reason this was changed was because a clan would take it at night and there was a very big community so they wouldn't have anyone contesting their loot. I'm not exactly certain on any of that.

The party size was put because the community demands it and I thought I'd include it. It's quite a bother, I made this suggestion post not out of personal greed, not because I have a vision for this server. Kainzo still holds the right to do whatever he'd like to do with the server, I'm simply making a suggestion. So please Naomi, next time you shoot me down, do it in a more civilized way, and not so condescending. You seem to be more defensive than anything..

Kainzo

The Disposable Hero
Staff member
Founder
Adventure Team
My favourite part of the thread is yet to be acknowledged :( the conquest points, the idea of it being held by a clan/town and the clan/town is rewarded at a time interval. I believe that was the way it was when it was first released (as outposts i think they were called..), I still enjoy that concept.

A clan or town would essentially claim ownership of the conquest point and reap the rewards and they would have to constantly defend it if they wish to keep it. I think the reason this was changed was because a clan would take it at night and there was a very big community so they wouldn't have anyone contesting their loot. I'm not exactly certain on any of that.

The party size was put because the community demands it and I thought I'd include it. It's quite a bother, I made this suggestion post not out of personal greed, not because I have a vision for this server. Kainzo still holds the right to do whatever he'd like to do with the server, I'm simply making a suggestion. So please Naomi, next time you shoot me down, do it in a more civilized way, and not so condescending. You seem to be more defensive than anything..
I think ownership of the outpost would be neat. However, coding is lacking for that core functionality. We can probably do more integration with clans so clans can "cap them" and get passive (Small small!) gains until a new clan captures it. That might be more fun for users in the long run. @Ampayne2 whatcha think?