• Guest, HEROCRAFT PUBLIC RELEASE IS HAPPENING AN HOUR EARLIER! TONIGHT @ 7PM CST GET READY FOR IT! play.hc.to
    Read up on the guides and new systems! Here.
    View the LIVE Map here @ hc.to/map
    Stuck or have a problem? use "/pe create" to to open a ticket with staff (There are some known issues and other hotfixes we will be pushing asap)
  • Guest, Make sure to use our LAUNCHER! Read more here!

Suggestion Make Herocraft Great Again

radicater11

Legacy Supporter 3
Townships: you talk about what you don't know anything about. We already colorize name chat, its already a pretty simplistic system with upgrades. This system was made based on the community's want for a township system. We aren't removing it or creating another. This is the final mark.
With colored names, he isn't refering to chat. He means the colored nameplates above players we used to have. I noticed sometimes townies will have green nameplates, but for some reason it's not consistent.

Egorh

Outcast
Legacy Supporter 7
I wont be taking the general lack of respect you are dishing, change the tone.

The Dungeon Heroes project is a side project in my spare time that I grouped up with multiple other developers to produce (I am 1 of 5 founders for this project). It and Herocraft are not directly related and we wont be siphoning players in either direction.

Townships: you talk about what you don't know anything about. We already colorize name chat, its already a pretty simplistic system with upgrades. This system was made based on the community's want for a township system. We aren't removing it or creating another. This is the final mark.

Your snarky, meager attempts at insulting my last 5 years of work won't go lightly.
For townships.

There is enough about this township plugin that I just haven't seen. Of course tweaks are always needed but what is probably most needed to inform people that this township plugin is not a big scary monster. A very in depth announcement post explaining all aspects of the plugin would be very helpful (maybe have a guide in there too). I often scour the forums but I very rarely go on the wiki.

I am being disrespectful multiple times throughout my post but when you edit my post AND I clarify that your edit was unjustified. I get a "change the tone", remark. Although I am being disrespectful you normally don't take having your opinions challenged well. Just recently ingame when Pew was arguing about certain things you muted him (even though it really wasn't that bad).

About sharing something that was mean't for a few key members, sorry about that. It was not the easiest thing to realize when more than one person in my TS channel got linked it. I just assumed it was something you were sharing. But just to address that spreadsheet, it was very disappointing. You have the right direction of wanting to have all classes have under 7 skills but the route you want to take is not good.

So many times recently we have gotten told that the "PvPers are ruining the server, driving away everyone!" The thing is that it doesn't really matter what the PvPers do because the server ends up dying anyways. Sure PvPers do drive away a few noobs but if we really do get 1500+ unique logins weekly there are obviously an abundance of issues as to why barely any are staying.

Even though some of my suggestions are PvP oriented, there are enough that aren't. Countering that I only aim for the good of one system (pvp).
  • Attributes, the solution is mean't to be healthy for all aspects
  • T2, allows someone to play the game fully even if they go a T2 class. Increase the amount of experience needed -> more PvE
  • Economy. Obviously my suggestion here is lacking but the goal is to improve it and open more avenues for players to take
  • Staff Teams. I dedicated a section basically stating we need more staff.
  • Exp Rates. Just a healthy change for leveling
Calling my opinion biased for only pvp is not too accurate...

I would also like to address how certain things even managed to make it in the game
  • T3 classes. Was the soul wielder thread feedback not enough? All you ended up doing was slightly modifying your idea and putting it in
  • Exp rates. Whatever you were going for obviously didn't pan out with the logic you wanted to use. More work should be more exp but that is not how it currently works, at all

Dewyn

Retired Staff
With colored names, he isn't refering to chat. He means the colored nameplates above players we used to have. I noticed sometimes townies will have green nameplates, but for some reason it's not consistent.

Same with enemies, it only shows up as red maybe half the time.

Although I think Egorh's tone is a tad on the disrespectful side, he has a point.

Coming from an individual who has butted heads frequently with the opinions of @Egorh, I find how much I agree with the post refreshing. Many of the new additions to the server have just been missing how it felt to play when it was all new. And although that feeling can't be rediscovered...many of the new features just made it harder and harder for me to enjoy playing.

This.

Some people just want DG/Bastion/whatever back. Some people are all for where the server is currently going. Some, like myself, would like to see the server strike a healthy balance,

The point I (and I assume others) was trying to make about DH was that it should be a split, if not to DH then to another, separate RPG server.

Put up a new server. Put Valorium back on it, or something similar (TD in Valorium was amazing and I would love to spawn there). Keep the old mechanics we had there (anyone who was there can help out with recreating it). See how many people play on that server versus how many people play on survival. Check the retention rates. Keep developing survival in its current vein and just appoint a few people to staff the "old school" server. No new developments or innovations, just maintenance. DO keep the tip jar on this theoretical server, because that thing is great. Boosts were pretty much daily on this map earlier this year/month, I'm sure they would bring in enough income to pay for hosting.

I would really like to see how this works out. Possibly I am alone here, but I think a comparison is the only way this can truly be settled. We can go back and forth on opinions all day but until we see some numbers nothing is going to change anyone's mind, that is clear.

Kainzo

The Disposable Hero
Staff member
Founder
Adventure Team
Disrespecting staff and name calling wont be tolerated.

We urge users to come here to the forums so a broad audience can read and see the suggestions. When staff requests the convo be moved to forums and people continue, sure thing we'll mute them.

You posted sensitive material that wasn't ready for public consumption, it was linked to TWO balance members (you and irish), do it again and your posting privileges will be removed.

Kainzo

The Disposable Hero
Staff member
Founder
Adventure Team
Same with enemies, it only shows up as red maybe half the time.

This.

Some people just want DG/Bastion/whatever back. Some people are all for where the server is currently going. Some, like myself, would like to see the server strike a healthy balance,

The point I (and I assume others) was trying to make about DH was that it should be a split, if not to DH then to another, separate RPG server.

Put up a new server. Put Valorium back on it, or something similar (TD in Valorium was amazing and I would love to spawn there). Keep the old mechanics we had there (anyone who was there can help out with recreating it). See how many people play on that server versus how many people play on survival. Check the retention rates. Keep developing survival in its current vein and just appoint a few people to staff the "old school" server. No new developments or innovations, just maintenance. DO keep the tip jar on this theoretical server, because that thing is great. Boosts were pretty much daily on this map earlier this year/month, I'm sure they would bring in enough income to pay for hosting.

I would really like to see how this works out. Possibly I am alone here, but I think a comparison is the only way this can truly be settled. We can go back and forth on opinions all day but until we see some numbers nothing is going to change anyone's mind, that is clear.
Splitting servers just doesn't work. We've attempted to host a "PVP" only server but no pvpers played it, because they didnt have the PVE players to farm / kill.

PVPers have proven time and time again they dont want equality, they want supremacy.

There is no magical "go back to then" button. Most players will always look fondly on their first view of Herocraft in that era, its always been like that and it probably always will be.

Our goal is to have an all in one, RPG experience. This includes PVP, PVE, RP, Economy, Towns and the like. We have the technology behind us to support various roles of play and even though you may think that its an easy job to do, it really isnt.

Dewyn

Retired Staff
Splitting servers just doesn't work. We've attempted to host a "PVP" only server but no pvpers played it, because they didnt have the PVE players to farm / kill.

PVPers have proven time and time again they dont want equality, they want supremacy.

There is no magical "go back to then" button. Most players will always look fondly on their first view of Herocraft in that era, its always been like that and it probably always will be.

Our goal is to have an all in one, RPG experience. This includes PVP, PVE, RP, Economy, Towns and the like. We have the technology behind us to support various roles of play and even though you may think that its an easy job to do, it really isnt.

Could always go back to split PVP/PVE continents. That way we could get input from PvE players as well. If PvP players wanna bitch about it then let them bitch, because they complained about it back then too. The ones who complain aren't the ones who want serious, evenly matched PvP anyway; they're the ones who want to gank newbies.

I understand it is not as simple as this but it's a start and the only solution to this ages-old debate that I can think of.

Egorh

Outcast
Legacy Supporter 7
Could always go back to split PVP/PVE continents. That way we could get input from PvE players as well. If PvP players wanna bitch about it then let them bitch, because they complained about it back then too. The ones who complain aren't the ones who want serious, evenly matched PvP anyway; they're the ones who want to gank newbies.

I understand it is not as simple as this but it's a start and the only solution to this ages-old debate that I can think of.
The PvE split was ridden with problems. Everyone could just go over to level, mine, make money, and do everything else. It didn't matter if you were a PvPer, you could still make full use of the PvE half of the map

Kainzo

The Disposable Hero
Staff member
Founder
Adventure Team

The PvE split was ridden with problems. Everyone could just go over to level, mine, make money, and do everything else. It didn't matter if you were a PvPer, you could still make full use of the PvE half of the map
While I think we handled the adoption of the PVE server poorly, we'd have to have a very good setup to get it right.

The time limited instancing system is a good example of an idea done right but the mechanics behind it were very laden with issue.

Eldrex

Legacy Supporter 5

I don't think he means "split the servers" I think he simply means to create said server as a test. Like have it up for a month and connected through the herocraft server, linked by bungee. Have it set up and do not say when it will be closed. Then compare the difference to see where players went most? I doubt this would work though considering how far in we are to this map, but otherwise I felt his idea was valid (minus the fact that, as you said, there is no way to suddenly bring back all the game mechanics)

Egorh

Outcast
Legacy Supporter 7

I feel like you can't even call the factions server a proper attempt at making a PvP server. People didn't play on it because that lack of 'PvE', people didn't play on it because of a lot of things.
  • No advertising
  • Rushed (making a lot of things not up to par)
  • Weird day early release
  • Attempt at simplifying classes went badly
It was basically a very bad map wipe with factions thrown in.

Again my whole thread does have PvP aspects but it is not solely targeting PvP. Look at my post replying to one of yours.

I think it is important to realize that the PvE experience should not be mainly limited to killing mobs and leveling. In my opinion the best PvE experience was always towns, working towards a large goal. I feel like too much is dedicated to killing cool mobs when the return is just not that great. Old dungeons, where you needed a variety of classes were also a pretty fun PvE experience because it was actually difficult to an extent.

I don't think he means "split the servers" I think he simply means to create said server as a test. Like have it up for a month and connected through the herocraft server, linked by bungee. Have it set up and do not say when it will be closed. Then compare the difference to see where players went most? I doubt this would work though considering how far in we are to this map, but otherwise I felt his idea was valid (minus the fact that, as you said, there is no way to suddenly bring back all the game mechanics)
This will not work at all. You can't just be splitting the population and hope that what people like more will be more succesful. Why put effort into a map which will be gone in a month? Why ditch your hard work on the other server? So on so forth

Dewyn

Retired Staff

This is pretty accurate; when I said split I meant conceptually.

This will not work at all. You can't just be splitting the population and hope that what people like more will be more succesful. Why put effort into a map which will be gone in a month? Why ditch your hard work on the other server? So on so forth

"Why put effort into a map which will be gone in a month"? There's no definite end date on this theoretical server. Anyway, all your hard work gets ditched between maps anyway.

iAlchemist

Legacy Supporter 3
Lets build a wall to keep the pve players out! We don't like their kind!
You haven't brought anything productive to this post. If you're not going to say something useful, shut the hell up.

I understand where you're coming from. This post isn't about attacking "Pvpers and PvErs". It is about what happened this map, and the previous maps that brought about a drop in playerbase. To my knowledge...which is limited in my experience with the server, Valorium was the beginning of the severe drop, and idea after idea was missing it's mark shortly after. From the split PvP and PvE in Valorium to Citadel it seemed plausible that things could go back to normal. Players were leveling, things were returning.

Then the new leveling system came out. When that came out, many players complained about its release, but the system stuck through the entire map until there was a premature reset. The aforementioned leveling system was ripped out (to many players' relief) allowing for many of the older players to return and enjoy leveling. This map is a step in the right direction compared to the previous maps, but I think the player base should be listened to more. If TONS of players are requesting content should be added/removed, there is a very clear conflict in the playerbase that is adversely affecting your retention. I understand that you like new ideas Kain, and I appreciate all you've done and how hard you've worked to maintain the server, but you should pay more attention to what the player base wants. At this point, you have one direction you want to go, and the player base wants to go somewhere else. It is up to you to find the balance between what you want to try, and what the players want to see.

And before a statement is made about minecraft's declining population, I counter that we're still getting the same amount of new players, and many of our older players are coming back. It's not a loss of new players that is effecting the server population. It is the direction that the server is going at this moment.

I know that my post was mostly negative, but I really do hope you find a balance for the players and yourself. Contrary to my statement about not enjoying the server as much as I did before, I hope that one day you can help older players rediscover their interest in the server.

Eldrex

Legacy Supporter 5
I feel like you can't even call the factions server a proper attempt at making a PvP server. People didn't play on it because that lack of 'PvE', people didn't play on it because of a lot of things.
  • No advertising
  • Rushed (making a lot of things not up to par)
  • Weird day early release
  • Attempt at simplifying classes went badly
It was basically a very bad map wipe with factions thrown in.

Again my whole thread does have PvP aspects but it is not solely targeting PvP. Look at my post replying to one of yours.

I think it is important to realize that the PvE experience should not be mainly limited to killing mobs and leveling. In my opinion the best PvE experience was always towns, working towards a large goal. I feel like too much is dedicated to killing cool mobs when the return is just not that great. Old dungeons, where you needed a variety of classes were also a pretty fun PvE experience because it was actually difficult to an extent.

Which is why I said I doubt it'd work since the map is already too far in. And note, it was Anhwylder's idea, I was just clarifying it.

Dewyn

Retired Staff
Which is why I said I doubt it'd work since the map is already too far in. And note, it was Anhwylder's idea, I was just clarifying it.

It was, and I will take full responsibility, there was no input but my own.

(This test server was actually suggested ages ago but I can't remember by whom, so I will just claim it as my own.)

Map seems to be going downhill in terms of population. The few times I've logged in I've been greeted by names I don't recognize, with a few older players lurking about. However, it would be beneficial to see some actual population stats, because my word is generally inaccurate.

Eldrex

Legacy Supporter 5
You haven't brought anything productive to this post. If you're not going to say something useful, shut the hell up.

I understand where you're coming from. This post isn't about attacking "Pvpers and PvErs". It is about what happened this map, and the previous maps that brought about a drop in playerbase. To my knowledge...which is limited in my experience with the server, Valorium was the beginning of the severe drop, and idea after idea was missing it's mark shortly after. From the split PvP and PvE in Valorium to Citadel it seemed plausible that things could go back to normal. Players were leveling, things were returning.

Then the new leveling system came out. When that came out, many players complained about its release, but the system stuck through the entire map until there was a premature reset. The aforementioned leveling system was ripped out (to many players' relief) allowing for many of the older players to return and enjoy leveling. This map is a step in the right direction compared to the previous maps, but I think the player base should be listened to more. If TONS of players are requesting content should be added/removed, there is a very clear conflict in the playerbase that is adversely affecting your retention. I understand that you like new ideas Kain, and I appreciate all you've done and how hard you've worked to maintain the server, but you should pay more attention to what the player base wants. At this point, you have one direction you want to go, and the player base wants to go somewhere else. It is up to you to find the balance between what you want to try, and what the players want to see.

And before a statement is made about minecraft's declining population, I counter that we're still getting the same amount of new players, and many of our older players are coming back. It's not a loss of new players that is effecting the server population. It is the direction that the server is going at this moment.

I know that my post was mostly negative, but I really do hope you find a balance for the players and yourself. Contrary to my statement about not enjoying the server as much as I did before, I hope that one day you can help older players rediscover their interest in the server.
I agree with everything in this post 100%... I cannot really attest for much, considering that the map I joined in was Aegis, but based on literally every person I talk to who has been here for a little while, the server used to just be "better" in general. I can say that I know Kainzo has done VERY much to keep this server alive, but I must agree with iAlchemist, that there needs to be a balance between what @Kainzo wants and what the players want. <3

Symbolite

Legacy Supporter 7
Attributes
The current implementation of attributes is really not that good. As a Tier 1 class all your attributes are set from level 1. This means anything other than your health and mana have practically no level scaling. It also means that attributes play no role in tier 1 classes. Tier 2 classes can customize their own attributes but tier 2 has a bunch of other problems too..

Attribute customization is not 'noob' friendly. The GUI doesn't work, no noob knows what build to go, so on so forth. But without being able to customize your attributes they don't play enough of a role.

Solution A: Redesign attributes so that you can toggle between manual and automatic. Automatic would build up a set of attributes as you level while manual you will be able to choose what attributes you get.
Solution B: Rip it out. It either adds unnecessary complications or does not play any role.

Tier 2 Classes
I am really not a fan of T2 classes and their implementation. No one touches them without a boost which makes it feel like they exist purely to put more money towards Kainzo/the server.

The problems are pretty simple. You finish mastering your T1 class and then you switch to T2 and lose everything. You lose your skills and attributes and it takes even longer to gain them back for a really small bonus. "Well Egor the whole point of going T2 is to show that you are hardcore!" Good for you not being able to actively participate in all aspects of the game because you are lacking skills and attributes for making that hardcore decision.

Another small issue is the quality of some T2 skills. Some T2 classes' skill is beneficial and a great bonus (you can really notice the difference between the T1 and T2) while others are lackluster.

Solution A: Rip them out. It is another one of those things that adds another layer to the never ending stack of things to do.
Solution B: Make them take even longer to level but give everything they had at T1 level 60 to T2 level 1. Give it enough attribute points to make a build that could match the T1 (but they would be able to customize it at level 1) and give them their skills. Keep the leveling simple, 1-10 (level 10 having the bonus skill), but make it take a shit load of time to get maxed. Each level would give a good chunk of attribute points to make an impact. *I've already made a suggestion exactly like Solution B

Tier 3 Classes
What the fuck?

Back in Aegis Kainzo had made a thread displaying Soul Wielder, a class above all others but takes even more PvE to get to! This thread blew up because people hated the idea and heavily disagreed. So many people were pissed that this was even an idea posted by Kainzo. The thread ended up being taken down and left alone. Months later when the majority forgot about the initial T3 thread (Soul Wielder) Kainzo releases...TIER 3 CLASSES.

They really provide nothing but more work. Barely anyone goes them even if they are stupidly strong. The problem is that all it takes is one good PvPer to go one of these classes and wreck shit for it to be a problem. Then the balance team has work on balancing it based on that it needs to be stronger than other classes, but not too strong.

Solution: Rip them out

Tier 1
I think the implementation is fine with the set stats, at first I was really confused when returning to the game and finding out I couldn't customize my stats but I think this is fine for the casual player, helps them get into the game a little easier since they don't have to worry about builds.

Tier 2
I like the idea of the T2 classes, my only problem with them is some of the added skills for one class might be a little more OP then an added skill for another class. Other than that I love that I can now customize my stats. Yes we have to grind out to lvl 60 again and lose your skills temporarily but it wasn't that bad for me... getting from level 1 to the level I needed to unlock my most important skills took me all of about an hour or two. I also wish there we're class builds I could research so I know a little better how I should allocate my stats. Reading the wiki is very helpful but sometimes I feel like I need a little help beyond the wiki.

Tier 3
I have no experience with these classes so I can't really comment, if they seem to be OP I'm sure they will be nerfed in the future. If someone wants to go for them they should be prepared for the work required to become and master one.

Parties
Make the god damn names green. I don't know why this is not a thing anymore, it made group fights a lot more enjoyable because you wouldn't waste anytime going after the wrong person (you would notice it right away).

Yes! Green names in parties would be great!

Townships
All we need for townships is something simple, and straight forward. I would spend time trying to knit pick at our current system but I simply don't know much about it. All I know is that you can claim chunks and your town will slowly produce special materials over time. But the problem is that, that is all I know about the current townships. There are too many aspects that can easily drive someone away from starting up their own town.

Solution: Create a new simple township plugin. It starts you off with a base area, when you upgrade it expands said area. To upgrade it would cost a lot of money, diamonds, gold, iron, just regular minecraft materials on mass. To upgrade it should take a long time, it should not be easy (helps to provide end game things to do). For inter town politics keep it very simple. Set allies names to yellow, enemies to red, and have your own townies be blue.

Ive seen the old township system and I have to say this new one is so much better! It's really easy and straight forward to use if you use the help command and learn.

Conquest Points
In my opinion this is one of the changes that was good for the server but it is still has problems.

The buildings. For the love of god you can steal something from anywhere else and get better buildings. These buildings keep getting reused. First it was created as the sewer mob arena in Dragongarde and now it has be reused as conquest points multiple times. Get some good unique buildings

The bonus experience is a good idea and I would like to see that kept.

I would also like to see it continue being integrated into the town system but maybe in a more simple way. You need X amount of item to upgrade, the conquest points gives said item.

I love the Conquest Points and their implementation, sure maybe they could use a different structure but it's not to important. Perhaps they should be a little further away from the Herogates however.

Economy
Our custom currency, souls, is not needed. There were no major issues with the gold system. As long as you make mobs, and farming drop golden nuggets, it all works out quite well.

Make a huge money dump upgrading towns, this ain't Easycraft. Make server shops a big thing for both selling and buying. The server should be selling practically everything to keep money/items flowing. The server should also be buying everything for a certain price.

Having the server buying things from the players is good because it will allow people to actually PvE by setting up massive farms (like a cactus farm) so they can sell to the server. Allowing them to collect an item, sell it, and use that money (for upgrading their town perhaps).

I'd personally like to see the removal of both chestshops, and whatever market thing is mainly used. Having pure player trading promotes interaction, caution, and more.

I'm not fully aware of the current economy of the server so I can't really comment on it, I do however like the soul system even tho I miss the old DHX gold exchange. Gold can still be sold at spawn for 1c an ingot tho so it's not terrible.

Custom Items
I would personally like to see the removal of custom items. Although they are not one of the massive problems of Herocraft they are still something that adds to the unnecessary list.

They are not really providing anything 'good'. They provide people with an advantage that has nothing to do with skill and is something that Balance Team can't really account for.

I think the custom items are great as long as nothing extremely OP is coming from them which I haven't really seen much of as me and my townies have managed to get comparable items.

Staff Teams
Admin/Mod
I do not really see a good solution to getting more admins/mods but there is a dire need for people with the power to do things. You can't choose someone from the existing veterans because most are biased and you can't really take any new players because they don't really know the system/community.

Proctor/Rules Team
There really needs to be new updated rules and the proper amount of people. I see people getting muted for no good reason or people not getting muted (there needs to be a fine line). I do believe shit talking should not be muteable.

I would also like to see the stealing and leaving/betraying your town results in a ban is brought back. Not many developed groups are willing to invite new people because they risk everything being stolen. Makes it hard for any new player to get into a well known town.

Balance Team
The one team I feel like does their best to do their job. It is just that some major changes make balancing extremely difficult. At the moment said change is attack speed and maybe a little from a different healing system

I think the server does need some more Mods and Guides as well as some old rules being implemented. I've been seeing a lot of negative things being said in chat lately and nothing being done about it, and when staff are on to handle it I've seen those staff members being verbally disrespected with no repercussions.

Dungeons/Adventure Map/Dungeon Heroes/Mythic Mobs
This honestly bugs me so much because there is no seperation from the Herocraft survival server and what has been the goal of Kainzo for years. Survival server has just become the live test for things Kainzo wants for Dungeon Heroes and it hasn't been working.

Dungeons, these massive buildings around the map filled with mythic mobs that give subpar experience and rewards. What is this giving the server? We reuse and recycle conquest points for maps but each dungeon has its own unique building. Why is something that has proven to 'make a difference' not getting focus compared to dungeons which only get used because they are there.

Mythic mobs, annoying mobs that take longer to kill. That is really all they are at the moment. I remember when they were first being implemented and how it came with crashes, bugs and way too much config work to make it worth it. They are finally in but they just don't make a difference.

Leveling/Experience Rates
What happened this map that fucked up the experience rates in parties?

It used to be that experience would be evenly split in the party but now it factors in people's level and tier. I presume this system is suppose to be rewarding those who are doing more work to kill the mobs because higher level obviously equates to more work/damage put in. This system is so flawed because a low level with one AOE can do more than a high level with none. Even if you base it on damage dealt to mobs, what about healers?

Solution: Just put it back to the old, even split experience.

Ill just plop these two sections together...
I love all the PvE combat content that is now available to us and I hope more will be implemented in the future.
Leveling didn't seem so bad with this new system but I do believe an even split in party experience should be a thing again even though I don't think its game breaking the way it currently is.

Protection
Towns are fully regioned and are unbreakable (I don't even know if we have a current town raiding system). Do you really need anymore protection?

Deathchests are a massive helping hand to anyone but I just don't think they provide healthy gameplay. You die so lets give you a chance to get your items back (no matter where you are). You got your deathchest back but you died again, lets just drop another deathchest. There really is no punishment of losing your items when you die because of deathchests. No one is scared to die because they know that they will probably get all their stuff back.

LWCs are the ultimate protection. But is that really needed when towns are fully regioned? I personally am no longer a fan of LWCs. I'd like to see the only protection that no one can access be an enderchest (only giving you 27 protected slots).

Scrap residences and just have expensive spawn plots.

Death chests, lwc's, and person regions are all fine. Only thing I would change is that death chests shouldn't drop in a regioned area you do not have perms in and residences need their perms looked at because they are a bit broken atm!

Macros
As much as requiring macros to truly enjoy the majority of PvP sucks it is currently still needed and is not something that is easy to fix.

Take a look at melee classes, it is extremely inconvenient to switch to another hotbar slot, while swinging, to right click an item bind. It just doesn't work well.

Healers need to bind all of their skills and some of them twice. Even with the new targeting system you need to have certain binds with the '-to' things to do your job properly

Casters/Pure kiting classes are the ones who can be played without macros because the only thing you are limited to is your skill count and what you bind (which is not the hard thing to fix).

We shouldn't be trying to bring some classes down (limit what they can do so those without macros can be somewhat on par) while others won't be touched (melee classes) because the problem is how heroes handles skill usage.

There is a macro mod, its very easy to use, only thing we need is a new mechanic for healers but I have no solutions for that at this time!

Arenas/Elo
Arenas were great because it helped create PvP when there was none to be found in the world. It helped people improve quickly. Instead of having to run from a graveyard, regear, heal up, wait on mana, so on so forth, you would be able to fight again and again. This allowed you to improve much more than world PvP would ever allow. I know that there has been an 'Arena Server' where you had to go to a different server to use them but it was just inconvenient. Being able to /duel someone on the live server was great. Without that you had to be like, "Do you wanna fight?! Come to the arena server! huehuehue."

Arenas and dueling allows for an elo system that makes it somewhat hard to 'camp' people for elo. The ratings would only be from duels and arenas, not real world PvP.

Arena duels were amazing, would love to see them make a return!

LordZelkova

Ashen One...
Legacy Supporter 8
rip not a single tag.
I'm sure late to the party, and don't have too much to say that hasn't been said already but:

Custom Items
I would personally like to see the removal of custom items. Although they are not one of the massive problems of Herocraft they are still something that adds to the unnecessary list.

They are not really providing anything 'good'. They provide people with an advantage that has nothing to do with skill and is something that Balance Team can't really account for.
For Custom Items, I've talked with Irish and Kainzo about acceptable levels of Enchants and Bonuses. I try to keep all event one's strong enough to be viable, but also common enough that people will actually want them used. I'm currently working on custom items for an August event, and would love more opinions on what's good for weapons including strength and rarity.

I'm also willing to dedicate the time to go over the older custom items (The Gleaming Gold set for example) and bring them up to snuff. Again, talk about rarity and important. I want people to use these Items, and to reward those who grind them. But I also don't want there to be a Meta, where if you DON'T have these weapons, you simply lose.

Mythic Mobs
Mythic mobs, annoying mobs that take longer to kill. That is really all they are at the moment. I remember when they were first being implemented and how it came with crashes, bugs and way too much config work to make it worth it. They are finally in but they just don't make a difference.
The same goes for above. The mythics are insanely useful to me for handling Events, as I can make special mobs with names and set HP and resistances and the like, I'd be willing to go over them and try and work on making them actually enjoyable to grind out. The skills are cool, and the resistances could help make the elemental damage Heroes can do actually mean something.

In general, I agree 100% that the current ones aren't worth the grind. They simply aren't. They can have upwards of 5k hp for regular mobs, have undodgeable skills, and almost never reward you (The EXP rates are crap on them, and the drops for items is so low).

These are the only two I felt that I needed to voice myself on, as the rest of anything I would want to say has been said better already.

Egorh

Outcast
Legacy Supporter 7
rip not a single tag.
I'm sure late to the party, and don't have too much to say that hasn't been said already but:

For Custom Items, I've talked with Irish and Kainzo about acceptable levels of Enchants and Bonuses. I try to keep all event one's strong enough to be viable, but also common enough that people will actually want them used. I'm currently working on custom items for an August event, and would love more opinions on what's good for weapons including strength and rarity.

I'm also willing to dedicate the time to go over the older custom items (The Gleaming Gold set for example) and bring them up to snuff. Again, talk about rarity and important. I want people to use these Items, and to reward those who grind them. But I also don't want there to be a Meta, where if you DON'T have these weapons, you simply lose.

The same goes for above. The mythics are insanely useful to me for handling Events, as I can make special mobs with names and set HP and resistances and the like, I'd be willing to go over them and try and work on making them actually enjoyable to grind out. The skills are cool, and the resistances could help make the elemental damage Heroes can do actually mean something.

In general, I agree 100% that the current ones aren't worth the grind. They simply aren't. They can have upwards of 5k hp for regular mobs, have undodgeable skills, and almost never reward you (The EXP rates are crap on them, and the drops for items is so low).

These are the only two I felt that I needed to voice myself on, as the rest of anything I would want to say has been said better already.
I would personally like to see custom weapons be buyable with coins/souls, but not a stupid amount of them. If a weapon costs more than 250 I really don't see people wanting to risk them other than for special occasions. Then there is the problem of having too many custom weapons in circulation, they need to be leaving the game somehow.