• Guest, HEROCRAFT PUBLIC RELEASE IS HAPPENING AN HOUR EARLIER! TONIGHT @ 7PM CST GET READY FOR IT! play.hc.to
    Read up on the guides and new systems! Here.
    View the LIVE Map here @ hc.to/map
    Stuck or have a problem? use "/pe create" to to open a ticket with staff (There are some known issues and other hotfixes we will be pushing asap)
  • Guest, Make sure to use our LAUNCHER! Read more here!

Suggestion Make civilians be worth 0, instead of -0.33

Status
Not open for further replies.

peeeeeeeeeew

PewPew
Legacy Supporter 5
I don't know how much of a fix it is. Raiding towns and people's bases is a LOT harder now because they aren't in a clan. PvP in Herocraft is not only about teamfights. Ganking players and solo raiding is a huge part of PvP, and adds a hardcore aspect to the server in the sense that you need to be careful.

Herocraft was split into PvP and PvE to seperate the PvPers and PvErs. If you're on the PvP map, it means you know that you can kill/be killed. What about a system that marks Lostsouls as a certain group (ie adventurer or something) and specced players as civilians? Civilians grant no KDR but don't take any away, and the Lostsoul group always removes KDR.

I understand the intentions behind adding this in but it isn't practical for a lot of PvPers. I know for a fact my clan (20 or so member) are not a fan of losing KDR for attacking a civilian first. People on the PvP server need to know that PvP is always enabled, and there is always a chance for them to die. There shouldn't be a punishment for ganking a player on the PvP map, especially if they are an avid PvPer.

The system was implimented to "Make the PvPers fight the PvPers" but that isn't how it works. This assumes that every PvPer is in a clan. Hell, yesterday before a large fight we had our opponents leave their clan for the sole purpose of ruining our KDR. It's a broken system and it needs to be fixed.

My personal opinion on the matter.

JazzDesignation

Legacy Supporter 8
What about making it so that as soon as a civilian goes within a certain range (or enters a region?) of the conquest point, they become neutral/dont cause KDR loss?

Delfofthebla

Legacy Supporter 4
Retired Staff
Lol I can't believe you actually lose kdr / elo / 'whatever it is' for killing "civilians".

What a fucking joke in literally all possible situations. There is no justification for such a decision.

Since it was decided to split the server between PvP and PvE, there should be no mercy for those playing on PvP. If they are on a PvP server, they should expect to be killable. There is no need for ridiculous hand holding. And if I was playing on a PvP server, I would expect that I not be punished for PvPing. I don't care if they're a noob or a neutral entity, if I killed them, the only "penalty" I should possibly ever receive is their entire town/clan grouping up and hunting me down.

You don't have to make it beneficial to farm noobs, but you don't have to make it detrimental to something completely unrelated to the action either...

Dakinara

Legacy Supporter 6
Just want to agree that civilians should really be set to 0 at this point, and honestly, probably all KDR for clans reset as this has kinda fubared any competitive nature of the clan KDR thing at this point.

Avoir

Obsidian
To bad it isn't going to change because kainzo doesn't feel the need to change it...

Egorh

Outcast
Legacy Supporter 7
Just want to agree that civilians should really be set to 0 at this point, and honestly, probably all KDR for clans reset as this has kinda fubared any competitive nature of the clan KDR thing at this point.
You don't need to reset the clan KDR. Changing that one negative value will change the KDR because it goes through the formula every kill. If you got 20 civ kills while they were worth -0.33 all of those would now be worth 0

Cypher123

TNT
Change it to zero already, everyone agrees that this logic is ridiculous. We have a pve server if they don't want to pvp.

The "change" to make them neutral kills if they attack you first doesn't work after playing it for a week i'll tell you why, we had 5 people defending the conquest point, a group of 5 civilians kept coming in and fighting us and as a wizard I don't want to walk around the entire fight and let all 5 of them hit me before I start attacking back because that will guarantee i'm going to die. I have to stay back and shoot fireballs and keep on the outside of the fight.

someone explain the logic behind it when someone can go to the pve server and not have to worry about being killed but yet I can be punished for killing someone in pvp.

This is starting to feel less like a "hardcore" server and more like a carebear server everyday.

Kainzo

The Disposable Hero
Staff member
Founder
Adventure Team
it's a slider scale and we can adjust the formula at any point in time.

There is no need to reset any KDR's as the calculation is done after all records are recorded. Any formula change is retroactive.

Want your voice heard?
Work on the delivery of your message. No one likes to listen to screaming children.

Whenever I implement something I ensure that it's configurable so nothing is rarely set in stone.

Status
Not open for further replies.