• Guest, HEROCRAFT PUBLIC RELEASE IS HAPPENING AN HOUR EARLIER! TONIGHT @ 7PM CST GET READY FOR IT! play.hc.to
    Read up on the guides and new systems! Here.
    View the LIVE Map here @ hc.to/map
    Stuck or have a problem? use "/pe create" to to open a ticket with staff (There are some known issues and other hotfixes we will be pushing asap)
  • Guest, Make sure to use our LAUNCHER! Read more here!

Suggestion Make civilians be worth 0, instead of -0.33

Status
Not open for further replies.

what777

Max Legacy Supporter
When you are PVPing, and civilians keep attacking you, you'll lose KDR.

NBW was fighting @ CentralConquest point, we won the fight but lost 4kdr due to people abusing this. They run into us, attack us, and if we kill them we lose KDR.

Can it please be changed to Civilians be worth 0?

OR Alt:
Use "points" instead of KDR,

A Rival Kill = +2 points
A Neutral= +1 point
A civilian= 0

If you die to rival: you lose -2 points. If you die to neutral: -1 points, etc.

EXAMPLE of a civilan doing this:

http://i.imgur.com/wT2ntmU.png

http://puu.sh/9TUhc/2fa328c3ed.png

Last edited:

Cypher123

TNT
agreed. I ended up getting 28 civilian kills from defending a conquest point last night because two civilians just kept running in over and over attacking us on the point, I opted in to take the hit on kdr because no one else wanted to. Make Civilians worth zero or the top player and top clan kdr stats will be a joke.

I don't see any reasoning behind them being worth negative points it just gives full power to the civilian and you have to sit there and accept that they are attacking you and you can't do anything.

For example you are walking down the street and a kid walks up and shoots you in the leg, you take him to court and you are sent to jail while he is free to continue shooting people in the legs with no consequences. That's basically the logic behind the negative points.

what777

Max Legacy Supporter
agreed. I ended up getting 28 civilian kills from defending a conquest point last night because two civilians just kept running in over and over attacking us on the point, I opted in to take the hit on kdr because no one else wanted to. Make Civilians worth zero or the top player and top clan kdr stats will be a joke.

I don't see any reasoning behind them being worth negative points it just gives full power to the civilian and you have to sit there and accept that they are attacking you and you can't do anything.

For example you are walking down the street and a kid walks up and shoots you in the leg, you take him to court and you are sent to jail while he is free to continue shooting people in the legs with no consequences. That's basically the logic behind the negative points.

totally agree! Pisses me off to no end, serveral of our members have NEGATIVE KDR atm.

Dakinara

Legacy Supporter 6
yeah... this doesnt seem to be working out very well lol. I mean a group of level 65 can grief the system pretty bad so long as they arent officially in a clan.

I am all for protecting lost souls from player abuse / camping, but maybe a better option would be something like "lost souls do not drop any inventory on pvp death" or something. So they will still get beatdown trying to interefere with clan stuff, but camping new players to the server will really have almost no incentive other than just being mean i guess.

Dsawemd

Legacy Supporter 8
hotfix behavior patch
If you REALLY need to defend your "Elo" that hard, try using fire/lava ticks, mobs, or fall damage to take the final blows. People who are really bum rushing will quickly lose durability on items, and soon be naked, making them easy to manage and easy to PvE murder.

what777

Max Legacy Supporter
hotfix behavior patch
If you REALLY need to defend your "Elo" that hard, try using fire/lava ticks, mobs, or fall damage to take the final blows. People who are really bum rushing will quickly lose durability on items, and soon be naked, making them easy to manage and easy to PvE murder.

... there's rewards for the highest clan KDR, it makes no sense to get lower KDR for killing lvl 65s that are NOT in a clan and are Intentionally abusing this system.

Cypher123

TNT
hotfix behavior patch
I'd assume people are defending "ELO" because as what777 has said there are rewards for well, you know, having good elo... Which is why making them worth 0 makes sense and making them worth negative makes zero sense the way the rewards are currently set up. Also I don't see anywhere here that people are complaining about civilians having gear, they are complaining about them "naked rushing" over and over and having no consequences while it hurts the players who are defending the point BECAUSE THEY CAN LOWER THE CONQUEST POINT, RUINING YOUR REWARDS SOME MORE.

Dsawemd

Legacy Supporter 8
" Intentionally abusing this system."
Explain what abuse we can prove they are doing? Are they yelling "FUCK YOUR KDR" while charging you?

Otherwise, we still want to keep some disincentive for killing "innocents", and you should continue to last hit non-clan'd bum rushers using lava buckets/flint.

You should suggest a new penalty for noob slaying if you want to prioritize your KDR/Elo.
Lose a chunk of EXP? Auto-Bounties that steal 3x the actual Reward from your /money?

Cypher123

TNT
Explain what abuse we can prove they are doing? Are they yelling "FUCK YOUR KDR" while charging you?

Otherwise, we still want to keep some disincentive for killing "innocents", and you should continue to last hit non-clan'd bum rushers using lava buckets/flint.

You should suggest a new penalty for noob slaying if you want to prioritize your KDR/Elo.
Lose a chunk of EXP? Auto-Bounties that steal 3x the actual Reward from your /money?

Did you not see his pictures he linked in his first post? Pretty sure civilians are currently abusing it. Having gained 28 civilian kills just last night by sitting on a conquest point.

what777

Max Legacy Supporter

... I have pictures of 2 players doing this, 1 is a lvl 65.

What more proof do you want then our experience, of mutliple clans, screenshots etc?

Dsawemd

Legacy Supporter 8
Wait that's harrassment/exploiting a mechanic to harrass.

Those specific pictures are useless as actual proof, but a video of it should get them in trouble. You don't have to go to suggestions to report people intentionally abusing mechanics to ruin people's games.
It could even be argued that they are intentionally boosting, if they really are not trying to fight.

When you said noobs were rushing, I thought you meant people who were new and frustrated, and not Vets like the ones pictured who easily could have geared up and who clearly understand what they are doing.

what777

Max Legacy Supporter
Wait that's harrassment/exploiting a mechanic to harrass.

Those specific pictures are useless as actual proof, but a video of it should get them in trouble. You don't have to go to suggestions to report people intentionally abusing mechanics to ruin people's games.
It could even be argued that they are intentionally boosting, if they really are not trying to fight.

When you said noobs were rushing, I thought you meant people who were new and frustrated, and not Vets like the ones pictured who easily could have geared up and who clearly understand what they are doing.

Kainzo was there, saw em do it. It's not illegal.

Dsawemd

Legacy Supporter 8
Kainzo was there, saw em do it. It's not illegal.
@Kainzo
What line, if any, is drawn in the Rules for intentionally abusing disincentives that are in-game to prevent noob-camping?

Potential solution: LostSouls are now worth -1, but non-Lostsoul civilians are worth 0.

what777

Max Legacy Supporter
@Kainzo
What line, if any, is drawn in the Rules for intentionally abusing disincentives that are in-game to prevent noob-camping?

Potential solution: LostSouls are now worth -1, but non-Lostsoul civilians are worth 0.

A solution is already being worked on ala Kainzo.

A civ that attacks YOU first, is treated as Neutral. You still lose KDR if you attack the civ first.

well GG kainzo, ty.

devotedworker

Retired Staff
Max Legacy Supporter
When you are PVPing, and civilians keep attacking you, you'll lose KDR.

NBW was fighting @ CentralConquest point, we won the fight but lost 4kdr due to people abusing this. They run into us, attack us, and if we kill them we lose KDR.

Can it please be changed to Civilians be worth 0?

OR Alt:
Use "points" instead of KDR,

A Rival Kill = +2 points
A Neutral= +1 point
A civilian= 0

If you die to rival: you lose -2 points. If you die to neutral: -1 points, etc.

EXAMPLE of a civilan doing this:

http://i.imgur.com/wT2ntmU.png

http://puu.sh/9TUhc/2fa328c3ed.png
Even though I see the clan system as making more pvp than this server needs, I do love how making civilians hurt people's scores ( And Ego's ) should prevent lostsoul killing and make the game overall more fair for noobies and underpowered people. Just cause you want to pvp doesn't mean they want too or can do so fairly. ( No we shouldn't just ship them to PVE T_T ) THOUGH! I do agree people can use this to their advantage and use it to lower others scores. But we are going to have to live with it cuz... we get cool currency from it!

Should of just let us chill with you man....

RShooter2000

ICE ICE ICE!
We have a patch coming in so users who initiate the attack that are civilians will not be recorded to the db.

Will it be sort of like a civilian combat tag where once they hit someone anyone can get the neutral kill, or will it be like the civ hits me, so only i can kill the civ to get the neutral kill?

what777

Max Legacy Supporter
Will it be sort of like a civilian combat tag where once they hit someone anyone can get the neutral kill, or will it be like the civ hits me, so only i can kill the civ to get the neutral kill?

Kainzo said it will be for the clan, since it will set the player to an enemy of the clan not an enemy of a specific player.

Kainzo

The Disposable Hero
Staff member
Founder
Adventure Team
Kainzo said it will be for the clan, since it will set the player to an enemy of the clan not an enemy of a specific player.

At the moment, the code is just for that person... but @mung3r is working on fixing it - I wasn't clear in stating what we needed.

Status
Not open for further replies.