• Guest, HEROCRAFT PUBLIC RELEASE IS HAPPENING AN HOUR EARLIER! TONIGHT @ 7PM CST GET READY FOR IT! play.hc.to
    Read up on the guides and new systems! Here.
    View the LIVE Map here @ hc.to/map
    Stuck or have a problem? use "/pe create" to to open a ticket with staff (There are some known issues and other hotfixes we will be pushing asap)
  • Guest, Make sure to use our LAUNCHER! Read more here!

Mac vs. PC

Status
Not open for further replies.

Faunherer

Legacy Supporter 4
There is no such thing as something being better than another. It depends entirely on what the topic is. Are the Green Bay Packers better than the Colts? Not entirely, they are better at winning, but the Colts are better at losing. PC's (as in computers primarily made for Windows) are better at gaming and Mac's are more responsive on average. One thing Mac's can do is run Windows naturally, just like a PC. PC's cannot run Mac.
Please tell me Windows 7 and Vista were not a piece of shit without lying. If you just did, you lied.

Faunherer

Legacy Supporter 4
I used to be a Windows-PC user, but I became sick of how unresponsive it was and how susceptible it was to viruses, even with Norton and McCafee and that fancy jazz. I admit that PC's are better for gaming, but I was through with how horribly it ran. I am now very much happy on this Mac.

Oxea

Legacy Supporter 7
There is no such thing as something being better than another. It depends entirely on what the topic is. Are the Green Bay Packers better than the Colts? Not entirely, they are better at winning, but the Colts are better at losing. PC's (as in computers primarily made for Windows) are better at gaming and Mac's are more responsive on average. One thing Mac's can do is run Windows naturally, just like a PC. PC's cannot run Mac.
Please tell me Windows 7 and Vista were not a piece of shit without lying. If you just did, you lied.

In context to the NFL analogy, the Patriots are better than the Colts as to Overeem is to Lesnar. In regards to PC & Mac, I agree it's dependent on what you want to do. I'd only get a Mac for graphical, music/video production purposes etc. otherwise PC everything else.

KrunknMunky

Legacy Supporter 3
Oh thank god this community is so mature. On the forums of another game I played, if this was brought up, you would just get completely trolled to death -_-

Anyway, I agree mostly with what has been said. I am a dedicated mac user, and will be for a while, although I can see that PC's have their advantages. I do not begrudge people who don't use mac, as its their own choice :D

Alator

Ancient Soul
Legacy Supporter 7
Remastered Tier 2 Supporter
My girlfriend's Mac laptop is great for just browsing the web. I love how much you can do with just the touchpad. But my PC is magnitudes better for gaming.

Also, I have used a PC all my life, so I just know and understand how it works better than the Mac.

Mac's - Graphic Design or Things Related

PC's - Everything else.

This sums up exactly why I prefer PC over mac. I am a college student and I constantly use my PC for homework using microsoft office home and student. Although mac may be better for making graphic slide shows and power point presentations, I have never personally used it so I can't say.

HollowSith

Diamond
I used to be a Windows-PC user, but I became sick of how unresponsive it was and how susceptible it was to viruses, even with Norton and McCafee and that fancy jazz. I admit that PC's are better for gaming, but I was through with how horribly it ran. I am now very much happy on this Mac.

I think the reason why you had so many problems was because of you using more then one anti virus at once. Anti virus's conflict with one another. Norton/ McCafee are IMO the worst virus protection programs there are. They burrow themselves into your PC like a virus and are next to impossible for the inexperienced to get rid of. This is mainly so that viruses ect, can't get around the protection. It's doing it's job better then the competition in terms of being secure. But the limited opitions, inefficiency of the program and poor quality CPU usage make this program definitely not worth it. Then when you think you've lost it and get a different Anti Virus or what have you, you'll notice your new protection not working as well as you'd thought. Mainly because of the old Norton conflicting with the new protection. Norton as well takes up a lot of CPU to use and when playing video games/ browsing it's response time and fire walls force your computer to respond much slower. Then to top it all off (unless they've since changed it) they will update during your game play at any given time, regardless if you pause protection.

Personal favourites are Spyware Doctor and Kaspersky's.

Zaspar

Legacy Supporter 2
IMO, it depends on what your parents raised you on. I'm a part of a Mac family, and I can't figure PCs out at all. The same thing goes for all my PC friends. I can argue however that Macs have a more friendly and easier-to-use OS, and they are better for designing and such, and that PCs are good for work, spreadsheets, and gaming.

Edit: Forgot to mention that macs don't get many viruses. I've only ever gotten ONE virus, it was a trojan that downloaded itself as a Windows Parallels file, I just moved it out of my downloads folder into the trash. :)

Yeah, that NFL analogy was pretty stupid... You can definitely compare a lot of things in the world and deem one "better". Between the PC and Mac? Not so much.

Vista = worst OS ever
Windows 7 = pretty good OS. Not lying.

I think the problem that I have with Macs is the owners who think that their computer is perfect and far superior to PCs. But yes, both have their strengths. As a CS major, I'm getting a Linux OS for my new desktop. Best OS for a programmer, in my opinion.

RandomAcronym

Legacy Supporter 6
Every time I remember people still use Xp I'm like...why? Vista/Win 7 are just so much...more.
but more means different I guess,and no one likes change with out asking for it first.
To be fair after I used Win 7 for a week Vista seemed bad in comparison :D but I could say the same about Xp->Win 7

Full disclosure: I used Win 95,98,Me,Xp,Vista,Win 7,Ubuntu and Linux Mint but never a mac for more then 30 min.

I've never heard anyone say anything good about Vista. I've also only heard (especially from my computer-savvy friends) that Windows 7 is amazing. I do hope you will forgive me for not taking a Mac user's opinion on Windows 7 seriously. ;)

Petator

Glowing Redstone
Windows 7 is more or less Vista done right. Vista's overall design was pretty nice, but its implementation of everything was horribly optimized. I know a few non-7 users (both PC and Mac) who talk about XP like it's the last good Windows system, but I think the only thing XP does better than 7 is LAN.

Personally, I think Linux is better than Apple at almost everything Apple is good at. And some distros (particularly ubuntu) can look just as nice and be just as user-friendly. I prefer Linux to Windows, but I primarily use Windows so I can have my games.

Apple's real strength is its functionality right out of the box. I respect that, but (no offense intended to the users here) I can't stand the stereotypical Mac user.

By the way, PCs can be quite resilient against viruses. I get by with just the free AVG and Avast. You just need to be smart online and keep backups so you can reformat every once in a while.

Status
Not open for further replies.