• Guest, HEROCRAFT PUBLIC RELEASE IS HAPPENING AN HOUR EARLIER! TONIGHT @ 7PM CST GET READY FOR IT! play.hc.to
    Read up on the guides and new systems! Here.
    View the LIVE Map here @ hc.to/map
    Stuck or have a problem? use "/pe create" to to open a ticket with staff (There are some known issues and other hotfixes we will be pushing asap)
  • Guest, Make sure to use our LAUNCHER! Read more here!

Mac User's Unite!

EvilThor

Legacy Supporter 3
I used a 9 years old mac mini last year,
That actually worked faster than my 4 years old Windows XP. :D

In my eyes macs cost more to buy, but they last longer whiteout needing to switch parts and reinstall the OS.
I'm sure you find windows computers that works much better than the average mac, and macs that is much better than the average computer.

I think the best type of operative system is Linux systems.
Linux is easy to configurate exactly the way you want and works fast (most of the time).

xxMASSCHAOSx

Legacy Supporter 3
Apple is very good at manipulating the consumer. There are so many companies out there putting products out that equate to Apple products, but since the average consumer is manipulated so easily, Apple has the consumer eating out of the palm of their hand, and to those consumers, it seems as though other companies are putting out electronics that can't compare with Apple's.

I play on a macbook pro, and while I yearn for a good PC (which I honestly would not have any issues paying for), I would rather not let gaming consume my life any more than it already has with Minecraft. Considering I run Minecraft perfectly fine (Really well oddly...), and I pretty much don't play any other CPU heavy games, (Aside from some Amnesia), I really don't need a better computer.

I am so used to my mac, I have come to the conclusion there would be fairly little benefits of buying a new PC. It would just throw me off too much and be a waste of time considering I've had fairly little problems with it.

@Iarbobray haha as soon as I run Minecraft my computer's fan turns on and people in teamspeak are saying "GREEK! I can't hear you over your fan!"

Now that i think of it, I can't stand the built-in-mic on this computer - it's absolutely terrible.
I used to use a Lenovo (not sure if Mac or windows, but im pretty sure it was a Mac) it ran everything horribly D:. At that time I thought 16fps on lowest settings made Alienware look bad. Besides that I had in a built In mic and when I typed it sounded like I was slamming on my computer with a hammer, and my friends could her my little sister yelling at me about her cartoons. Then I Spilt some water on it and upgraded, built my computer, and still not sure what brand it's considered. I considered it RSR since I built it.

Dielan9999

Legacy Supporter 5
Im not really a fan of Mac BUT, I like the layout

Alot of people are drawn to Macs for the layout, I really hope they keep the OSX feel and don't make their future OS's more like iOS, that would be dumb.

As for me, I like the layout too, so I added a dock to my Linux desktop :p but I like it at the top left so w/e.

Personally, I like OSX better than Windows 8.

Jayzy3

Glowing Redstone
I dont understand whats up with everyone complaining about the performance of macs. Sure, it cant beat a good PC, but I can do Spoutcraft on far render distance, fancy setting, and still get around 55 fps. Thats on a Mac laptop thats eh, 2.5 years old and isnt quite up to date on the entire software thing.

bedbreath

Glowstone
Just want to put my two cents in. I have a iMac atm. Its over a year old and I've calculated all the combined price of all the components in it and compared it to if I were to build a PC with similar parts. Result: it was still $50 cheaper so for those of you who say its overpriced, your wrong . You also getting a much more efficiently designed computer than one I could build for a similar price (compactness, casing that cools very efficiently, etc). I did not get one because it looked like a 'shiny' new toy, I bought it because it actually is a very decent computer for its price, as well as a very suitable platform for my programming and coding needs. (I preferred my schools mac labs over its pc labs before even getting a mac). As for the amount of control over the computer, it linux based, it actually has more control than a pc provides. Its a better computer, and worth the price.

Kainzo

The Disposable Hero
Staff member
Founder
Adventure Team
Just want to put my two cents in. I have a iMac atm. Its over a year old and I've calculated all the combined price of all the components in it and compared it to if I were to build a PC with similar parts. Result: it was still $50 cheaper so for those of you who say its overpriced, your wrong . You also getting a much more efficiently designed computer than one I could build for a similar price (compactness, casing that cools very efficiently, etc). I did not get one because it looked like a 'shiny' new toy, I bought it because it actually is a very decent computer for its price, as well as a very suitable platform for my programming and coding needs. (I preferred my schools mac labs over its pc labs before even getting a mac). As for the amount of control over the computer, it linux based, it actually has more control than a pc provides. Its a better computer, and worth the price.
You don't want compactness in a gaming computer - that is terrible for heat dissipation - you want more room to breathe.
Hands down, you are more cost effective if you build your own machine.

bedbreath

Glowstone
You don't want compactness in a gaming computer - that is terrible for heat dissipation - you want more room to breathe.
Hands down, you are more cost effective if you build your own machine.

Yes, in most circumstances, building your own computer is definatly more cost effective , I just want to dispel the notion that macs are over priced, because while relatively expensive you are buying more top end components. As for the compactness your of course correct, but macs were never truest built for hardcore gaming and for when they are pushed to the limits they have stayed cooler than any other pc I have used in the past [used cpuz for internal temp monitoring], and that's pretty damn good considering it's basically a laptop turned into a desktop, oh and it makes zero noise as well. If you want a computer that's space efficient, with high resolution capabilities and the ability to run any modern game at a decent fps [bootcamped with windows of course] than a IMac while not the Best choice is still a very valid choice espicially with OSX which degrades a lot less slowly than windows in terms of performance without major matainence and modification of default features. Hands down OSX Lion is the much more efficient operating system.

Dielan9999

Legacy Supporter 5
espicially with OSX which degrades a lot less slowly than windows in terms of performance without major matainence and modification of default features. Hands down OSX Lion is the much more efficient operating system.

Meh. You can pay like $20 to upgrade your Mac to the latest OSX version if your hardware is compatible (not 4+ years old)

That's way the hell cheaper than buying Windows 8 (whatever version is "ultimate") and upgrading from 7 to 8.

However I probably shouldn't compare them, becuase on Linux i've never paid for an OS lol