• Guest, HEROCRAFT PUBLIC RELEASE IS HAPPENING AN HOUR EARLIER! TONIGHT @ 7PM CST GET READY FOR IT! play.hc.to
    Read up on the guides and new systems! Here.
    View the LIVE Map here @ hc.to/map
    Stuck or have a problem? use "/pe create" to to open a ticket with staff (There are some known issues and other hotfixes we will be pushing asap)
  • Guest, Make sure to use our LAUNCHER! Read more here!

Mac User's Unite!

microsim

Legacy Supporter 7
DSCF0504.jpg

At least it has about the same capabilities as the above 'thing' in the image above. :p

I use a Mac laptop and I'm proud! No shame!

It actually isn't as bad as people think it usually is. A fairly recent one is good enough for running minecraft/spout craft on decent settings as well as a couple other applications. I don't understand the hate sometimes, especially with lots of companies moving to Mac-compatible coding languages. :(.

FracturedFusion

A frightening Cactus!
Jokes aside, Iv'e owned a MacBook since 2011 for school, basically, i just looked up all games that is compatible with my Mac(Borderlands,RAGE, Torchlight, Minecraft) and filled my laptop up....Screen Shot 2012-05-25 at 11.40.19 AM.png(Other is Games)

Dielan9999

Legacy Supporter 5
I was thinking about getting one for ironee but she doesn't like them :p

At work we have a few labs where they are all Macintosh workstations (looks like a fucking UFO lol) but they do some cool stuff. It's just too inhibiting/restrictive for my own personal use.

However they aren't bad. The only REAL thing bad about Apple products is stupid people that think they need to buy the new version of every product every year, no matter the cost vs comparison to what they already have.

BigguthDickuth

Soulsand
However they aren't bad. The only REAL thing bad about Apple products is stupid people that think they are superior too pc owners because they paid more for their computers

Don't get me wrong, apple products are nice and all, its just that their company is full of jackasses. When the samsung galaxy beat apple in worldwide product sales vs the iphone, apple flipped a bitch and it was funny. But apple's products aren't that amazing, but I do respect them as a company that makes money. They manipulate so many people its almost not funny...

Danda

Dungeon Master Extremist
Staff member
Administrator
Guide
Wiki Team
Max Legacy Supporter
Don't get me wrong, apple products are nice and all, its just that their company is full of jackasses. When the samsung galaxy beat apple in worldwide product sales vs the iphone, apple flipped a bitch and it was funny. But apple's products aren't that amazing, but I do respect them as a company that makes money. They manipulate so many people its almost not funny...
People are sheep what're you gonna do :/

whitemagehealu

Legacy Supporter 7
Most people I know buy Macs because they look cool. xD 1000$ for a nice looking computer!

They are also like "I'm thinking about buying a Macbook for school." I'm like why don't you just buy a 200$ laptop? What are you going to be doing for school that requires that much money?

Dielan9999

Legacy Supporter 5
Most people I know buy Macs because they look cool. xD 1000$ for a nice looking computer!

They are also like "I'm thinking about buying a Macbook for school." I'm like why don't you just buy a 200$ laptop? What are you going to be doing for school that requires that much money?

I work at my college so I spend alot of time there, and there are ALOT of people with shiny new Mac books in the student center.

What do they do all day? Facebook ._.

Iarbobray

Legacy Supporter 2
I don't think that the apostrophe in the title is needed...

In other news, I have a mac laptop. It overheats with 2 windows of safari open. That's why I use my big pc.

GreekCrackShot

Legacy Supporter 7
Apple is very good at manipulating the consumer. There are so many companies out there putting products out that equate to Apple products, but since the average consumer is manipulated so easily, Apple has the consumer eating out of the palm of their hand, and to those consumers, it seems as though other companies are putting out electronics that can't compare with Apple's.

I play on a macbook pro, and while I yearn for a good PC (which I honestly would not have any issues paying for), I would rather not let gaming consume my life any more than it already has with Minecraft. Considering I run Minecraft perfectly fine (Really well oddly...), and I pretty much don't play any other CPU heavy games, (Aside from some Amnesia), I really don't need a better computer.

I am so used to my mac, I have come to the conclusion there would be fairly little benefits of buying a new PC. It would just throw me off too much and be a waste of time considering I've had fairly little problems with it.

@Iarbobray haha as soon as I run Minecraft my computer's fan turns on and people in teamspeak are saying "GREEK! I can't hear you over your fan!"

Now that i think of it, I can't stand the built-in-mic on this computer - it's absolutely terrible.

MajorasMask

Ungodly
I think Apple wins it with their flashing design and appearence. To be fair, their products give off that feeling of purity and freshness. They look nice, but....

...I hate the interface so I wouldn't want a Mac.

Dielan9999

Legacy Supporter 5
Apple is very good at manipulating the consumer. There are so many companies out there putting products out that equate to Apple products, but since the average consumer is manipulated so easily, Apple has the consumer eating out of the palm of their hand, and to those consumers, it seems as though other companies are putting out electronics that can't compare with Apple's.

I play on a macbook pro, and while I yearn for a good PC (which I honestly would not have any issues paying for), I would rather not let gaming consume my life any more than it already has with Minecraft. Considering I run Minecraft perfectly fine (Really well oddly...), and I pretty much don't play any other CPU heavy games, (Aside from some Amnesia), I really don't need a better computer.

I am so used to my mac, I have come to the conclusion there would be fairly little benefits of buying a new PC. It would just throw me off too much and be a waste of time considering I've had fairly little problems with it.

@Iarbobray haha as soon as I run Minecraft my computer's fan turns on and people in teamspeak are saying "GREEK! I can't hear you over your fan!"

Now that i think of it, I can't stand the built-in-mic on this computer - it's absolutely terrible.

Do you have an SSD? That would explain why MC is so fast on your Mac lol

Anyway, I almost cringe when people bash on Macs because they can't deliver, becuase they certainly can. It's just far more expensive than it's worth, and people don't need to buy the new version every year. I work with a guy who's had his Macbook Pro for 4 years and the only thing he's done is buy a SSD to replace the HDD it came with, and bought the new OS version (upgrading is suprisingly cheap) and it runs like a new one, probably because it's not much different in hardware from a new one.

BigguthDickuth

Soulsand
it's not much different in hardware from a new one.

They rarely ever actually do big updates for their stuff, when the Ipad came out I heard people say "woooow apples come out with new technology every year!" (this being a person I would find somewhat competent) I mean, look at the ipad. Look at your ipod touch. Now look back at the ipad. Notice they're the same, but ones bigger than the other?

Davros_

Web Developer
Legacy Supporter 9
I've owned my Macbook Pro for almost 3 years now and it's still going strong. I've never had any issues performance wise, and I do some heavy video editing and a decent amount of gaming. I've got a Windows 7 partition and I can run most new games on standard settings, which isn't bad for a 3-year-old computer. I owned a gaming PC up until 2 years ago when I sold it because I used my Macbook 90% of the time and preferred using it.

I mainly use it for web development and design though, which is where it shines. I usually have Photoshop, Illustrator, Fireworks, Coda, MAMP, and multiple browsers open at the same time for testing purposes, and it handles it like a champ. I won't be going back to a PC any time soon.

Mariohgcz

Legacy Supporter 7
While I do not dislike Apple or its products, I dislike the social impact they have, it's such an effective marketing, that people associate it with what is "cool", the general buzz around Apple products is what ticks me off. Oh! Iphone 4S! It's revolutionary! Shiny! I want it! Considering it has the same specs as the Iphone 4, except for the camera/processor, I think it is a waste of money for people to buy them yearly.
I owned a MacBook for a while, but compatibility was too much of an issue, so I built my own PC.

Jonsoon

Legacy Supporter 8
Apple users are a cult. I can say that confidently because I own two MacBooks, an iPod, an iPhone and iPad.
I do not know why I want them, I just feel I need them. Finally I am getting away from it.

I bought my first gaming PC last week and am so happy. I love being able to play whatever game whenever I want without fear of it being incompatible or the system requirements not being met.

Hopefully getting an Android soon.

Zaspar

Legacy Supporter 2
I use a blackbook. It's shit for gaming, but otherwise it gets the job done... even if I have to run Minecraft on tiny :/.

Although, I do quite like the mac OS :)