• Guest, HEROCRAFT PUBLIC RELEASE IS HAPPENING AN HOUR EARLIER! TONIGHT @ 7PM CST GET READY FOR IT! play.hc.to
    Read up on the guides and new systems! Here.
    View the LIVE Map here @ hc.to/map
    Stuck or have a problem? use "/pe create" to to open a ticket with staff (There are some known issues and other hotfixes we will be pushing asap)
  • Guest, Make sure to use our LAUNCHER! Read more here!

Lost Soul vs. Classes

GensonN

Wood
This isn't really a Suggestion, Seeing as how a lot of people DO enjoy this feature. However i do think there is a Heavy balance issue between Lvl 10 Lost Souls and any Lvl 10 Class.

A Lvl 10 Class is about 2 times as hard to kill and two times stronger than Lvl 10 Lost Soul. The power difference is staggering and when getting mobbed while building as a Lost Soul at level 14 is to be quite honest infuriating and just instant rage worthy knowing that i cant return home.

I'm not expressly complaining, but i am for sure needing to let of some steam. This server is awesome but god forbid i have to Disconnect sometimes to cool off after the sheer butt rape i get after being attacked. Even at some times i'm scared to go back in, just in case the people are still lurking around.

If anyone else has some stories about just getting raped by people as a Lost Soul, post them here. It for sure helps cool down without shouting at people on the server.

Sn0wBorn

Iron
Yeah, when i joined during Bastion it was annoying to be killed at a lower level than the attacker, i made a small house a few hundred blocks from spawn before i joined a town to be safer from the noob killers. Joining a town or being with others is the best way to avoid this problem.

A lost soul isn't really meant to be able to beat anything other than another lost soul. In my opinion all it is is a class to familiarize people with a small aspect of each main class division; rogue, healer, caster, and warrior. Besides, a level 10 class is a class that has already mastered lost soul, so they're kinda like a level 40 lost soul.... just with different skills.

Joey_Beans

Legacy Supporter 9
^ pretty much. A Lv 10 lost soul shouldn't really be competitive with a Lv10 class, as the Lv10 lost soul has gained 10 combat levels, while the Lv10 class has gained a total of 40 combat levels.

GensonN

Wood
That really doesn't stop those 40 combat levels of experience from being competitive with us poor 10 levels of combat exp xD

Again my post isn't really a complaint but just a steam release. i would rather let it out here than in town chat or something and end up annoying my townies. xD

Carbash

Legacy Supporter 6
Consider this, a lvl 10 specced class has the same disadvantage to another specced class 40 levels higher. Its the nature of pvp in most games.

GensonN

Wood
Well in terms of Lost soul to Spec Classes. Spec Classes already achieved the goal of becoming said Class. Lost souls still have to make it that far. Compared to Classes when a Lost Soul dies it keeps us away from getting to the Class we want, whereas Classes can die all day and not give a crud.

Carbash

Legacy Supporter 6
Not true, non mastered classes are trying to master. When they die they are set back. Again its the nature of the game.

GensonN

Wood
Although Mastering a Spec Class is, in itself, Easier to master in its own right given the better HP, Mana, Skills, Etc. compared to the LS.

(I can see this is quickly turning into an argument post so ill get my point across as quickly as i can xD)

I understand that sure Spec Classes want to master but as I said they are a good bit easier to level. Regardless, this isn't about comparing the leveling capability of LS to Spec, its about the PvP Unbalance IMO when a Spec Class actively hunts LS class players.

I admit, not all Spec Classes are Dicks about it, they just want the souls or the exp or whatever and they do it once and leave, or even help out with gaining the exp that i lost back. its happened.

Most Spec people on the other hand camp your house for you to return so they can just kill you repeatedly, pissing you off, making you want to keep going back for revenge only to end up on the pointy end of the sword each time. This feeds them kills and just makes a person ragequit potentially from the server for good. Another thing I've regrettably seen happen.

Kainzo

The Disposable Hero
Staff member
Founder
Adventure Team
That really doesn't stop those 40 combat levels of experience from being competitive with us poor 10 levels of combat exp xD

Again my post isn't really a complaint but just a steam release. i would rather let it out here than in town chat or something and end up annoying my townies. xD
The answer is Shrine !

JupiterRome

Legacy Supporter 5
This isn't really a Suggestion, Seeing as how a lot of people DO enjoy this feature. However i do think there is a Heavy balance issue between Lvl 10 Lost Souls and any Lvl 10 Class.

A Lvl 10 Class is about 2 times as hard to kill and two times stronger than Lvl 10 Lost Soul. The power difference is staggering and when getting mobbed while building as a Lost Soul at level 14 is to be quite honest infuriating and just instant rage worthy knowing that i cant return home.

I'm not expressly complaining, but i am for sure needing to let of some steam. This server is awesome but god forbid i have to Disconnect sometimes to cool off after the sheer butt rape i get after being attacked. Even at some times i'm scared to go back in, just in case the people are still lurking around.

If anyone else has some stories about just getting raped by people as a Lost Soul, post them here. It for sure helps cool down without shouting at people on the server.
Level up then......... and the differnce between lvl 10 ls and lvl 10 any other class is 30 levels so I dont think your argument is even like.................... I dont know valid? MY most frustrating story from being a lost soul is when I killed someone, they spawned with half hp and thier stuff, so they would just graveyard run and gank........................... gonna make a sugestion for re-adding the half hp thing probs

mikehk

Legacy Supporter 6
I think the point of t2 classes being better than a t1 class went over your head on this one.

When i started this server, I liked pvp to some extent, although i absolutely hated being ganked by people who had more time/were more efficient at leveling than myself (they were higher level if u didnt catch that). I did like fair pvp fights after i got to lv 65, however I still didn't like getting ganked by 3+ people. I was what some people might have called a rager in the small degree, as in I raged a bit, but not extensively. now I just go with it. I get ganked, I try to talk the people out of staying or whatnot, but dont really care too much anymore. I enjoy pvp in almost all degrees now (even getting ganked as it adds a bit of a thrill).

moral of that small wall of text above: you get used to pvp, it may take time though, just persevere! to quote all my school's anti-bully/anti-drug effort's. "Rise Above!" (wow, im listening to my school now...).

GensonN

Wood
As a peaceful person i do tend to rage in a Large degree when im ganked and robbed of all my supplies xD. Im not saying that im in any way quitting because of it, oh no. this server is too good for a few douchebags to make me leave for good. I actually put in a suggestion to put Sentry Guns back into the craftbook allowed ic list for consideration. Assuming it does, (Please let it get in) Ill have all the defense ill ever need from Raiders and the like who want to gank me at home.