• Guest, HEROCRAFT PUBLIC RELEASE IS HAPPENING AN HOUR EARLIER! TONIGHT @ 7PM CST GET READY FOR IT! play.hc.to
    Read up on the guides and new systems! Here.
    View the LIVE Map here @ hc.to/map
    Stuck or have a problem? use "/pe create" to to open a ticket with staff (There are some known issues and other hotfixes we will be pushing asap)
  • Guest, Make sure to use our LAUNCHER! Read more here!

Lost Soul vs. Classes

Kainzo

The Disposable Hero
Staff member
Founder
Adventure Team
It most likely won't. Due to the lower exp and drops on that map, chances are it will only be used by people who were never looking to PVP in the first place.
Or, it will be an area that people level up high enough so when they DO go to Haven - it will be a fair fight, thus promoting "more" pvp.

That's how I see it - it could go either way.

Templar_James

Legacy Supporter 8
It most likely won't. Due to the lower exp and drops on that map, chances are it will only be used by people who were never looking to PVP in the first place.
If you are able to build your town in the non pvp world then it will destroy world pvp even if you can't transfer items over
All I know is that it will be fine as long as no items transfer and towns can't be built there

Kainzo

The Disposable Hero
Staff member
Founder
Adventure Team
If you are able to build your town in the non pvp world then it will destroy world pvp even if you can't transfer items over
All I know is that it will be fine as long as no items transfer and towns can't be built there
It'll be fine either way. The sky isnt falling every update.

Joey_Beans

Legacy Supporter 9
Or, it will be an area that people level up high enough so when they DO go to Haven - it will be a fair fight, thus promoting "more" pvp.

That's how I see it - it could go either way.
I dunno... to me, going to a map with a lower exp rate for the sole purpose of gaining exp and leveling seems kinda bonkers.

Dakinara

Legacy Supporter 6
I think it will be fine either way, but still would love some kind of system to promote more fighting in haven. Could be neutral capturable locations for resources, tnt mod region thingy, war system to allow warring towns limited region access to each others town, anything really would be fun.

Kainzo

The Disposable Hero
Staff member
Founder
Adventure Team
I think it will be fine either way, but still would love some kind of system to promote more fighting in haven. Could be neutral capturable locations for resources, tnt mod region thingy, war system to allow warring towns limited region access to each others town, anything really would be fun.
I completely agree with you. With the creation of Shrine - I want to look towards more enticing gameplay for conflicts.

King of the Hill, Capture the point/ etc.

You will start seeing things like this in the future. I'd really like the outpost system to be pushed more so players can control outposts to give them a static reward while they control it (Maybe even Souls to their town bank/etc)

I love this server and I want to do anything in my power to make this community/server thrive. The shrine map isnt to slap the pvpers in the face, its to give the builders/non-conflict seekers sanctuary so they can enjoy the server as well.

I wish everyone could understand this.

Dakinara

Legacy Supporter 6
I completely agree with you. With the creation of Shrine - I want to look towards more enticing gameplay for conflicts.

King of the Hill, Capture the point/ etc.

You will start seeing things like this in the future. I'd really like the outpost system to be pushed more so players can control outposts to give them a static reward while they control it (Maybe even Souls to their town bank/etc)

I love this server and I want to do anything in my power to make this community/server thrive. The shrine map isnt to slap the pvpers in the face, its to give the builders/non-conflict seekers sanctuary so they can enjoy the server as well.

I wish everyone could understand this.

Sounds awesome, I think shrine could be a good idea honestly in that more new people will hopefully stick around, level up, and then stick their necks into pvp when they stand more of a chance to fight back. Glad to hear more pvp stuff is being worked on as well to make the pvp more fun / objective based in haven.

...Should probably change the title of this thread to "Pvp updates" or something... lol just sayin. :p

agedbear

A frightening Cactus!
I really do enjoy PVP when I'm on equal footing with my opponent, this being said I have to agree to an extent with the original poster about getting ganked by some one who is 30+ levels above me. While Shrine sounds like a great idea it is not a place for everyone and I think that this is the point that Kainzo is trying to make. Perhaps a viable solution would be to make Shrine just for lost souls? I could be wrong but I believe that hero classes are not applicable in ruins? Perhaps the same could be for shrine. While I personally will stay in Haven, in spite of the churlish antics of the immature basement dwelling trolls, I understand the appeal of a place of refuge where you don't have to stay holed up behind city walls fearing to take a step outside because you might get struck down without being able to fight back. I've read about the idea of Arenas, Town Wars, and even capture the flag and all of these sound like great ideas. I hope to see ALL of them implemented. I personally think that shrine will entice the newer players on the server to stick it out till they can choose a hero class

GensonN

Wood
I enjoy PvP when all is fair and equal to some degree. To be perfectly honest when Shrine comes out you may find me there WAY more than you would find me in Haven. As a builder id love a place where i can make my buildings without getting jumped and thrown off the roof i'm putting down. This wont deter me from having some spot in Haven later, after i am all well and leveled with the magic and whatnot. Shine sounds like a perfect place for me to do what i do without being in a constant war-zone.