• Guest, HEROCRAFT PUBLIC RELEASE IS HAPPENING AN HOUR EARLIER! TONIGHT @ 7PM CST GET READY FOR IT! play.hc.to
    Read up on the guides and new systems! Here.
    View the LIVE Map here @ hc.to/map
    Stuck or have a problem? use "/pe create" to to open a ticket with staff (There are some known issues and other hotfixes we will be pushing asap)
  • Guest, Make sure to use our LAUNCHER! Read more here!

Bug Loot crates giving just one loot crate?

Paul_Bakken

Obsidian
I would have done a /pe on this, but I am not presently where I can get in game.

Today, Kainzo kindly gave me the two keys I had coming from a donation.

When I used them on my two loot crates, each loot crate produced... A single loot crate.

So, I found out that loot crates can, indeed, yield more loot crates, but I thought there was supposed to be a multiplier of x2 or x3 if this happened?

Anyway, in summation, I used two keys to open two loot crates -- and I now have no keys and... Two loot crates.

I am reluctant to complain, but I have been having really bad luck/ odd things happening to me on the server the last day or so. First, loosing all of my soul items when I tried to take the boat from PVP to Central, and now this.

Any guidance you could provide would be appreciated. Thanks!

Pietro011

Legacy Supporter 9
I feel so bad for you...When I opened mine, it gave me 3 crates that I could just open without the keys. Have you tried that?

yeelowsnow

Legacy Supporter 9
I would have done a /pe on this, but I am not presently where I can get in game.

Today, Kainzo kindly gave me the two keys I had coming from a donation.

When I used them on my two loot crates, each loot crate produced... A single loot crate.

So, I found out that loot crates can, indeed, yield more loot crates, but I thought there was supposed to be a multiplier of x2 or x3 if this happened?

Anyway, in summation, I used two keys to open two loot crates -- and I now have no keys and... Two loot crates.

I am reluctant to complain, but I have been having really bad luck/ odd things happening to me on the server the last day or so. First, loosing all of my soul items when I tried to take the boat from PVP to Central, and now this.

Any guidance you could provide would be appreciated. Thanks!
Keys open up the Locke loot crates and leave crates of loot in your inventory. Try clicking those 2 crates next time you're in game

0xNaomi

Legacy Supporter 6
Retired Staff
Keys open up the Locke loot crates and leave crates of loot in your inventory. Try clicking those 2 crates next time you're in game
Indeed.
Also, if a crate gave you more crates, they'd be real crates ("locked" crates are a separate concept)

Pietro011

Legacy Supporter 9
That'd be the ultimate troll if they just gave you more locked crates...like saying...

"LOL nice try but you aint gettin shit from me!"

Kainzo

The Disposable Hero
Staff member
Founder
Adventure Team
I've tested this extensively - it will 1) either auto-open the crate or 2) give you 2 or 3 crates (depending on the win). It's possible that your inventory hasnt updated and requires a relog, I've seen this.

This isn't an issue

Paul_Bakken

Obsidian
Hmmm. That actually might be what happened with the soul items, too.

I gave some investigating to do. Thanks!

Paul_Bakken

Obsidian
@Kainzo : I just got in-game and, yes, this appears to have been an inventory update issue. Upon checking, the crates are now the "unlocked" loot crates, and they worked as they are supposed to work.

Thanks for the advice, everyone. I'm going to chalk this one up to me being old and easily confused!

Kainzo

The Disposable Hero
Staff member
Founder
Adventure Team
@Kainzo : I just got in-game and, yes, this appears to have been an inventory update issue. Upon checking, the crates are now the "unlocked" loot crates, and they worked as they are supposed to work.

Thanks for the advice, everyone. I'm going to chalk this one up to me being old and easily confused!
@0xNaomi inventory not updating still happening it seems.

0xNaomi

Legacy Supporter 6
Retired Staff
@0xNaomi inventory not updating still happening it seems.
I've done all I can to prevent issues with inventory updates when using the commands/methods.
Unless you're manually constructing unlocked crate objects outside of the plugin, I can't do anything more.