• Guest, HEROCRAFT PUBLIC RELEASE IS HAPPENING AN HOUR EARLIER! TONIGHT @ 7PM CST GET READY FOR IT! play.hc.to
    Read up on the guides and new systems! Here.
    View the LIVE Map here @ hc.to/map
    Stuck or have a problem? use "/pe create" to to open a ticket with staff (There are some known issues and other hotfixes we will be pushing asap)
  • Guest, Make sure to use our LAUNCHER! Read more here!

Suggestion Let's talk about Samurai.

LordZelkova

Ashen One...
Legacy Supporter 8
Samurai. It's class many wanted to see a return of. It's a class many complained about when it was out, and it's something people continue to make fun of and complain about now.

The biggest complaint I see/know of is the Speed Buff.

"Increase your movement speed for 30 seconds (I've heard this is essentially speed 3) and heal yourself for 22hp every 1000s for 10000s. Costs 20% of your sword"

While the heal is negligible (If it even works, I've heard it doesn't) , a 25 second CD for a 30 second speed 3 buff? (Which I've heard can stack with Speed Pots and I'd assume Accelerando). That is way too strong for a class that has both a Magic immunity and a physical immunity skill (i know they are both long CD but still). Samurai also does very high damage with a diamond sword (68 if my math is correct). They can slow down their target, reduce the healing they take and cause a bleed to keep them from healing via food, and they have a 25% heal skills. Why does a class based around being up in your face, quickly taking down targets have a 25% heal? The sword durability isn't much of an issue, as you can just carry 2 -3 swords on your hotbar. They're gonna have waterwalk.....really?

Samurai is missing skills and it's still complained about so much.

I know I'm not the best PvPer, or the most experienced at balancing. But I propose:

Lower the base armor to: Chain Chest & legs. Rest Gold or Leather.
Lower their base HP. With a 25% heal, a high Constitution stat, their HP is rather high.
Raise the CD on their final skill to 1 minute, and reduce the duration to 20 seconds.
Reduce the heal on Murasame to 10% instant HP, and another 10% over 10 seconds.

I know samurai is being balanced, and changes are coming Jan 2nd when the server moves to 1.8 but atm they are a very strong class. Even without all it's skills implemented.

JupiterRome

Legacy Supporter 5
Try fighting one as a Ninja XD Its so funny because its like "I'll just get double the hits off and still loose"

xMJay

Portal
Try fighting one as a Ninja XD Its so funny because its like "I'll just get double the hits off and still loose"
ninja is probably one of the worst classes atm. I haven't had a chance to really see how strong sammy is in terms of actual damage/tankiness, but the essentially infinite speed 3 that doesn't break on combat is a huge advantage. I think it should be reduced to maybe 15 seconds and have a cooldown around 30-45 seconds.

I have no input on the actual damage it does asI have yet to fight one in a straight up 1v1 where they weren't speed 3ing away.

Kainzo

The Disposable Hero
Staff member
Founder
Adventure Team
Samurai. It's class many wanted to see a return of. It's a class many complained about when it was out, and it's something people continue to make fun of and complain about now.

The biggest complaint I see/know of is the Speed Buff.

"Increase your movement speed for 30 seconds (I've heard this is essentially speed 3) and heal yourself for 22hp every 1000s for 10000s. Costs 20% of your sword"

While the heal is negligible (If it even works, I've heard it doesn't) , a 25 second CD for a 30 second speed 3 buff? (Which I've heard can stack with Speed Pots and I'd assume Accelerando). That is way too strong for a class that has both a Magic immunity and a physical immunity skill (i know they are both long CD but still). Samurai also does very high damage with a diamond sword (68 if my math is correct). They can slow down their target, reduce the healing they take and cause a bleed to keep them from healing via food, and they have a 25% heal skills. Why does a class based around being up in your face, quickly taking down targets have a 25% heal? The sword durability isn't much of an issue, as you can just carry 2 -3 swords on your hotbar. They're gonna have waterwalk.....really?

Samurai is missing skills and it's still complained about so much.

I know I'm not the best PvPer, or the most experienced at balancing. But I propose:

Lower the base armor to: Chain Chest & legs. Rest Gold or Leather.
Lower their base HP. With a 25% heal, a high Constitution stat, their HP is rather high.
Raise the CD on their final skill to 1 minute, and reduce the duration to 20 seconds.
Reduce the heal on Murasame to 10% instant HP, and another 10% over 10 seconds.

I know samurai is being balanced, and changes are coming Jan 2nd when the server moves to 1.8 but atm they are a very strong class. Even without all it's skills implemented.
Sword costs will be coming down across the board, the infinite run speed has been tweaked.

macura

Diamond
backflip the blade grasp or sneak up on them.

Also wtf does this mean "and heal yourself for 22hp every 1000s for 10000s." That doesn't even make sense. Do you get healed for 22 over 10000s at 1000s intervals? Are you just trying to add a little passive health regen?

malikdanab

Legacy Supporter 8
backflip the blade grasp or sneak up on them.

Also wtf does this mean "and heal yourself for 22hp every 1000s for 10000s." That doesn't even make sense. Do you get healed for 22 over 10000s at 1000s intervals? Are you just trying to add a little passive health regen?
The tooltip is bugged. It's showing in miliseconds so it is really every second for 10 seconds

JupiterRome

Legacy Supporter 5
The tooltip is bugged. It's showing in miliseconds so it is really every second for 10 seconds
Your sure its not every 1 second? Just because it heals a pretty decent amount and every 1000 over 7500 and it lasts 7.5 seconds so couldn't you put the decimal after the 1 and the 7 and that's correct?

LordZelkova

Ashen One...
Legacy Supporter 8
Sword costs will be coming down across the board, the infinite run speed has been tweaked.
Thing is sword costs are nothing. The biggest one was 25% of your sword, and that is a lot, but a sammy can just have 2 - 3 swords on their hotbar, or carry a stone/iron sword for skill usage. And yay to the speed thing being fixed. That was ridiculous.