• Guest, HEROCRAFT PUBLIC RELEASE IS HAPPENING AN HOUR EARLIER! TONIGHT @ 7PM CST GET READY FOR IT! play.hc.to
    Read up on the guides and new systems! Here.
    View the LIVE Map here @ hc.to/map
    Stuck or have a problem? use "/pe create" to to open a ticket with staff (There are some known issues and other hotfixes we will be pushing asap)
  • Guest, Make sure to use our LAUNCHER! Read more here!

Suggestion Couch's Master List to Balance All Classes

NuclearCouch

Staff member
Community Manager
Administrator
EDIT: In spite of my retardation, after further thought I have realized this should probably be in "Heroes Balance Area" so if a mod wants to move it over feel free.

Also people in the balance and staff area need to understand, balance on this server is a big deal, should be one of the highest priority's in a game like this. People aren't going to want to play on a server with incredibly unbalanced all over the place classes, that ruins the game. This needs to be priority before we even release an entire new tier of classes, fix these ones first.

Hey sup this is what in my opinion from a coders point of view would balance out the entire server, and fix a lot of the people whining about class instability.

If you have further suggestions, or think something I said is wrong feel free to reply and correct me, although I put a lot of thought into this, and even tested most of it since I have access to most of these skills on a test server. If you agree just drop a positive rating please.

The only thing I don't want to hear is "Oh this is bias because you have played this class and you just want it OP, OH SO OP PLZ NERF" no don't say that shit, I had nothing in my mind about my standpoint on the server while building this list.

Warrior

Berserker - Perfectly fine except provoke needs to be made useful.

Paladin - Holy Steed needs speed reduction (Can't even remember if that's possible), Holy Aura heal nerf to 7 + 0.2313 per wisdom point

Dreadknight - Guess Dreadknight is fine, possibly nerf.

Dragoon - Perfectly fine except maybe dragon dash shouldn't propel the user so far.

Samurai - MortalWound 50% healing reduction reduced to 40%, Nerf Kotesu base damage to 50. Masamune heal reduced. Allow use of masamune and other sword damaging skills only on diamond swords to make them have to be used more tactically and not every five seconds because who cares about there stone swords durability.

Rogue

Ninja - Increase ninja diamond sword base damage to 55 then up the shears and gold sword by 5 as well. Increase backstab scale to 3. Up eviscerate to 220.

Ranger - Killing low armor too fast, and high armor not quickly enough. Lower base damage to 5-25 and create an armor penetrating arrow buff (Using normal damage, just goes through armor) that lasts for about 5 or 6 shots. I can code that ez.

Runeblade - Perfectly fine

Bard - Fine

Caster

Pyromancer - Decrease intellect by 4 and add it to Constitution

Wizard - Fireball cooldown reduce to 5. Up base fireblast damage to 65. Buff bolt base damage to 145.

Necromancer - Despair damage buffed by 5.

Beguiler - Fine, Plaguebomb in the future fo sho.

Shaman - Engulfing totem should give negative jump boost to lock players to ground and better the slow.

Healer

Clecric - Fine

Druid - Fine

Bloodmage- Increase siphon blood base damage to 65. Boilblood instant damage base buffed to 115.

Disciple - Take away 3 from Wisdom and add to strength. Up base damage by 5. Lower bread and butter disciple skills forcepush and forcepull cooldown to 10 seconds. Buff fist of jin lifesteal gain to 5 base.

Last edited:

JupiterRome

Legacy Supporter 5
I think Something needs to be done to take away Druids Kiting Skills, I also think something should be done about Cleric because it has a lot of damage with wrath/smite. I don't think I understand this, Would this increase Ninja's Damage with a diamond sword by 9? I think Paladin should have a little reduced damage, Other then that I think your changes are pretty good.

NuclearCouch

Staff member
Community Manager
Administrator
I think Something needs to be done to take away Druids Kiting Skills, I also think something should be done about Cleric because it has a lot of damage with wrath/smite. I don't think I understand this, Would this increase Ninja's Damage with a diamond sword by 9? I think Paladin should have a little reduced damage, Other then that I think your changes are pretty good.
reduced the ninja damage increase to 5 because after further testing 9 is too OP. But, yes that would increase there damage by 5. Mainly they needed the Eviscerate buff for an edge against high armor.

Also druid, and cleric have always been this way, and you can easily counter them if you know what you are doing.

Avoir

Obsidian
Dragondash isn't supposed to propel you 30 blocks away it's supposed to be a gap closer I made a bug report about it like 6 months ago but kainzo gave 0 fucks...

malikdanab

Legacy Supporter 8
The only thing that needs to be changed on berserker is that there is an error on provoke where you only deal 25% extra but take 50% extra.

LordZelkova

Ashen One...
Legacy Supporter 8
Warrior
Samurai - MortalWound 50% healing reduction reduced to 40%, Nerf Kotesu base damage to 50. Masamune heal reduced. 100% Agree, also, can we please fix the stupid infinite Speed 3? At least make it break on combat

Rogue
Bard - Fine Personally I'd like to see some more Endurance for Stam regen, even with battlesong if gets depleted so fast.

Caster
Beguiler - Fine, Plaguebomb in the future fo sho. Maybe it's just being focused by beguilers, but 2 pigifys, beguile, and quantum leap see too good CC. Personally I'd like to see Mass Pigify made so it only works on 2+ people.

Healer

Disciple - Take away 3 from Wisdom and add to strength. Up base damage by 5. Lower bread and butter disciple skills forcepush and forcepull cooldown to 10 seconds. Buff fist of jin lifesteal gain to 5 base. Agree

Last edited:

JupiterRome

Legacy Supporter 5
TBH I think maybe increase Beguilers Mana regen by 10 (Idk if that's a good amount) and then reduce fireball/chaotic visions damage

werwew19

Coder
Balance Team
Legacy Supporter 6
Holy Aura isn't even worth using on paladin unless you have mana song. I'd nerf some other parts of paladin besides the weak aoe heal it has that doesn't affect the paladin.

A lot of these changes to me don't make sense tbh

JupiterRome

Legacy Supporter 5
reduced the ninja damage increase to 5 because after further testing 9 is too OP. But, yes that would increase there damage by 5. Mainly they needed the Eviscerate buff for an edge against high armor.

Also druid, and cleric have always been this way, and you can easily counter them if you know what you are doing.
I don't think 72 damage --> 78 will be a huge change.
I don't think you should up backstab considering you can do 150 to un armored targets, but instead give Ninja a higher left click or just higher damage in general because atm its an assassin like class with less damage the Dreadknight.... Which I don't feel needs con to int but a nerf on DreadAura and Soulleech, Shaman is also in a very strong spot now, I feel like this would make it too strong because it wouldn't be a huge difference in 1v1s but it would make Its teamfighting very strong, it already knocks everyone away from its totem with firestrike, and has chainlightning dealing a good aoe damage and heals. I think shamans in a good spot right now and doesn't need that change, its a great support now for classes like beguiler with mana issues, due to healing surge restoring mana.

Pugglez_

Legacy Supporter 3
EDIT: In spite of my retardation, after further thought I have realized this should probably be in "Heroes Balance Area" so if a mod wants to move it over feel free.

Also people in the balance and staff area need to understand, balance on this server is a big deal, should be one of the highest priority's in a game like this. People aren't going to want to play on a server with incredibly unbalanced all over the place classes, that ruins the game. This needs to be priority before we even release an entire new tier of classes, fix these ones first.

Hey sup this is what in my opinion from a coders point of view would balance out the entire server, and fix a lot of the people whining about class instability.

If you have further suggestions, or think something I said is wrong feel free to reply and correct me, although I put a lot of thought into this, and even tested most of it since I have access to most of these skills on a test server. If you agree just drop a positive rating please.

The only thing I don't want to hear is "Oh this is bias because you have played this class and you just want it OP, OH SO OP PLZ NERF" no don't say that shit, I had nothing in my mind about my standpoint on the server while building this list.

Warrior

Berserker - Perfectly fine except provoke needs to be made useful.

Paladin - Holy Steed needs speed reduction (Can't even remember if that's possible), Holy Aura heal nerf to 7 + 0.2313 per wisdom point

Dreadknight - Constitution reduced by 5 and added to intellect.

Dragoon - Perfectly fine except maybe dragon dash shouldn't propel the user so far.

Samurai - MortalWound 50% healing reduction reduced to 40%, Nerf Kotesu base damage to 50. Masamune heal reduced. Allow use of masamune and other sword damaging skills only on diamond swords to make them have to be used more tactically and not every five seconds because who cares about there stone swords durability.

Rogue

Ninja - Increase ninja diamond sword base damage to 55 then up the shears and gold sword by 5 as well. Increase backstab scale to 3. Up eviscerate to 220.

Ranger - Killing low armor too fast, and high armor not quickly enough. Lower base damage to 5-25 and create an armor penetrating arrow buff (Using normal damage, just goes through armor) that lasts for about 5 or 6 shots. I can code that ez.

Runeblade - Perfectly fine

Bard - Fine

Caster

Pyromancer - Decrease intellect by 4 and add it to Constitution

Wizard - Fireball cooldown reduce to 5. Up base fireblast damage to 65. Buff bolt base damage to 145.

Necromancer - Despair damage buffed by 5.

Beguiler - Fine, Plaguebomb in the future fo sho.

Shaman - Engulfing totem should give negative jump boost to lock players to ground and better the slow.

Healer

Clecric - Fine

Druid - Fine

Bloodmage- Increase siphon blood base damage to 65. Boilblood instant damage base buffed to 115.

Disciple - Take away 3 from Wisdom and add to strength. Up base damage by 5. Lower bread and butter disciple skills forcepush and forcepull cooldown to 10 seconds. Buff fist of jin lifesteal gain to 5 base.
Warrior
  • Berserker - Don't know too much about this class to comment on this.
  • Paladin - I'm pretty sure horse speed and jump power are random whenever a horse is spawned. Why HolyAura? It isn't even one of Paladin's main big spells that stand out. In my opinion, Layhands needs to have a warmup of 'X' seconds and only heal 50% hp if cast on self.
  • Dreadknight - No. Dreadknight does not need more intellect, in fact it gets most of its sustain from having more intellect. I do not have a proper suggestion to make Dreadknight less powerful, but I disagree with what you suggested.
  • Dragoon - It is in a decent spot, but I would say nerf lunar lance by increasing its cool down.

Rogue
  • Ninja - I don't know too much about this class.
  • Ranger - No. Ranger does not need another armor penetrating skill, it already has AimedShot. If you are really a good ranger, then you should be able to kill or at least deal damage to tanks.
  • Runeblade - Has a bit of mana issues.
  • Bard - Needs QOL changes, make it so the duration of Warsong and Manasong has the same or around the same duration and cool down with each other.
Caster
  • Wizard - Does not need anymore changes, it is in a good spot right now in my opinion.
  • Necromancer - I don't know too much about this class.
  • Beguiler - Address its mana issues.
  • Shaman - No. It already has Slowness 4 with a range of 20 blocks and reduces Agility by 20. Does not need any changes other than make it so Shockingstrike and Earthernfury deal magical damage rather than physical damage.
  • Pyromancer - Why decrease its damage more? I posted a Pyromancer suggestion instead: http://herocraftonline.com/main/threads/pyromancer.55738/

WILL POST MORE ABOUT THE HEALER CLASSES, GOTTA EAT FIRST.

NuclearCouch

Staff member
Community Manager
Administrator
I don't think 72 damage --> 78 will be a huge change.
I don't think you should up backstab considering you can do 150 to un armored targets, but instead give Ninja a higher left click or just higher damage in general because atm its an assassin like class with less damage the Dreadknight.... Which I don't feel needs con to int but a nerf on DreadAura and Soulleech, Shaman is also in a very strong spot now, I feel like this would make it too strong because it wouldn't be a huge difference in 1v1s but it would make Its teamfighting very strong, it already knocks everyone away from its totem with firestrike, and has chainlightning dealing a good aoe damage and heals. I think shamans in a good spot right now and doesn't need that change, its a great support now for classes like beguiler with mana issues, due to healing surge restoring mana.
In my honest opinion, Ninja needs Blackjack. It has no sustainability without some sort of CC. People say "Oh smoke is enough for them to survive attacks" No... It's literally a 3.5 second invis which is subject to any AOE. After I have gone and played it, I have now realized it may be one of the worst classes on this server and who ever chose to take out blackjack while I was gone has no game sense.

JupiterRome

Legacy Supporter 5
In my honest opinion, Ninja needs Blackjack. It has no sustainability without some sort of CC. People say "Oh smoke is enough for them to survive attacks" No... It's literally a 3.5 second invis which is subject to any AOE. After I have gone and played it, I have now realized it may be one of the worst classes on this server and who ever chose to take out blackjack while I was gone has no game sense.
Lets not go to insulting them, Ninja could stunlock and kill with blackjack

NuclearCouch

Staff member
Community Manager
Administrator
Warrior
  • Paladin - I'm pretty sure horse speed and jump power are random whenever a horse is spawned. Why HolyAura? It isn't even one of Paladin's main big spells that stand out. In my opinion, Layhands needs to have a warmup of 'X' seconds and only heal 50% hp if cast on self.
  • Dreadknight - No. Dreadknight does not need more intellect, in fact it gets most of its sustain from having more intellect. I do not have a proper suggestion to make Dreadknight less powerful, but I disagree with what you suggested.
  • Dragoon - It is in a decent spot, but I would say nerf lunar lance by increasing its cool down.

Rogue
  • Ranger - No. Ranger does not need another armor penetrating skill, it already has AimedShot. If you are really a good ranger, then you should be able to kill or at least deal damage to tanks.
  • Bard - Needs QOL changes, make it so the duration of Warsong and Manasong has the same or around the same duration and cool down with each other.
Caster
  • Wizard - Does not need anymore changes, it is in a good spot right now in my opinion.
  • Shaman - No. It already has Slowness 4 with a range of 20 blocks and reduces Agility by 20. Does not need any changes other than make it so Shockingstrike and Earthernfury deal magical damage rather than physical damage.
  • Pyromancer - Why decrease its damage more? I posted a Pyromancer suggestion instead: http://herocraftonline.com/main/threads/pyromancer.55738/

I honestly think Dreadknight is in a bad spot currently. It's definitely not on par with the rest of it's tier, I said reduce the constitution and add to intellect because it is too tanky and not dishing out enough damage like Dreadknight was originally built to do.

There is no such thing as a good Ranger on this server with the lag, however there are rangers that try there best heh. I'm not even gonna judge it.

The reason I said Shaman needs negative jump boost is because if you spam jump you can easily get out of that slow radius pretty quickly.

xMJay

Portal
Most of the casters need some armor nerfs. Specifically, wizard, bloodmage, beguiler, necro, shaman, and druid. Also it could be argued that runeblade is a little more tanky than it should be, but that may not be a bad thing.

NuclearCouch

Staff member
Community Manager
Administrator
Warrior

Rogue
Caster

I honestly think Dreadknight is in a bad spot currently. It's definitely not on par with the rest of it's tier, I said reduce the constitution and add to intellect because it is too tanky and not dishing out enough damage like Dreadknight was originally built to do.

There is no such thing as a good Ranger on this server with the lag, however there are rangers that try there best heh. I'm not even gonna judge it.

The reason I said Shaman needs negative jump boost is because if you spam jump you can easily get out of that slow radius pretty quickly.

Pugglez_

Legacy Supporter 3

Dread knight is not in a bad spot at all. Have you even really played dread knight at all? Right now, Dreadknight beats paladin in a 1v1(even if the paladin uses lay hands, the Dreadknight can still sustain itself to kill the paladin after he lay hands on himself or get him to yellow at least.

I feel like all players who think Shaman needs anymore major buffs or at least minor buffs obviously do not know how to play Shaman or not knowledgeable about it. I've been playing Shaman for a while now, and I can say that I know a lot about the class and I am pretty good with it. More than anything, Shaman needs a nerf to reduce its knock back capabilities from its skills.