• Guest, HEROCRAFT PUBLIC RELEASE IS HAPPENING AN HOUR EARLIER! TONIGHT @ 7PM CST GET READY FOR IT! play.hc.to
    Read up on the guides and new systems! Here.
    View the LIVE Map here @ hc.to/map
    Stuck or have a problem? use "/pe create" to to open a ticket with staff (There are some known issues and other hotfixes we will be pushing asap)
  • Guest, Make sure to use our LAUNCHER! Read more here!

Suggestion Let the community decide!

TheAncientTeam

Legacy Supporter 7
All I am seeing on forums is ideas, rejections from staff, and complaining about staff not adding the ideas. I have a simple idea which will prove who is right and who is wrong.

Create a new temp map with the ideas of the community implemented!

I mean the people of the community want to have their ideas given a shot rather than being rejected without trying it, why not introduce a temp map like true's thread on Neo Bastion. In fact kainzo, you could just put up a poll asking the community on certain ideas such as no pve, removing features like regions, removing new features and at the end of it make a temp map with all the compiled ideas from the poll into a single temp map for say 3 weeks. If the community likes it or it becomes popular, you can keep the map as a separate one from the main server, separating the older pvp members from the new pve members.

MariusAbyssal

Legacy Supporter 6
A lot of the ideas require implementation from the coders.
Besides another map = more resources for the server = more money spent.

Though I would agree to having a bit more transparency in terms of which ideas are gonna get implemented and which not.

w0nd3rb0y

Legacy Supporter 5
A lot of the ideas require implementation from the coders.
Besides another map = more resources for the server = more money spent.

Though I would agree to having a bit more transparency in terms of which ideas are gonna get implemented and which not.
It wouldn't cost any more money to run a new map. It's not like we have to build a new physical server. Just add another world.

I agree here. Give us a retro style map. I would like to see it townless. Pure pvp. No regions to hide in. Just small camps, to protect chests, that can be moved(cheap regions). A strategy based raid filled server. Hunt or be hunted.

MariusAbyssal

Legacy Supporter 6
It wouldn't cost any more money to run a new map. It's not like we have to build a new physical server. Just add another world.
But it would consume resources on the server... I just don't see the point of it, I think a little more transparency in terms of suggestions would go a long way though, make people at least feel like they're suggestions are actually considered.

Irishman81

Senior Staff
Guide
Architect
Balance Team
Legacy Supporter 7
Splitting up the server any more isn't going to help anything. In my opinion, just a single map with pvp flagging would work fine.

TheAncientTeam

Legacy Supporter 7
This doesn't need to be implemented, don't think of this idea I have suggested as a permanent idea, think of it as a test run which can lead to something more. We could also do something like kainzo makes a thread, we each comment our ideas, if anything gets a certain number of likes, say 20, then that will be added to a final poll, anything which receives 35-50 likes for the poll will be implemented into a final idea for the test run. It gives the community what it wants and if it fails, the community can no longer complain and kainzo and other staff members get peace and quiet about suggestions for a while.

MariusAbyssal

Legacy Supporter 6
Just because a lot of people like something doesn't mean that it should be put into the game.
As Irish mentioned more segregation of the community is not a good thing.
What I mean by implementation is that a lot of these suggestion require change in the code -> less time to code other stuff.
I think a more active presence from the staff members on the suggestion thread along with more transparency about what ideas are rejected and why and what ideas are taken into consideration would go a long way, at least in my case that would be a far better solution than another test server.

TheAncientTeam

Legacy Supporter 7
The server is currently losing players at an alarming rate, rather than trying to gain new players or add features that some people may like and come back to herocraft with, why not just give the people what they want. At the end of the day kainzo's main goal is to get players to come to herocraft and to get players to stay, giving players their ideas is giving them the freedom they've always wanted on the server. Besides since it is temporary it isn't separation, and if nothing else it gives kainzo and other coders ideas as to what people truly want in herocraft. Imagine a simulation to project where a future project is going and if it will work well with changes the public made. I mean look at windows 7, almost all their ideas were suggested by people in the community rather and the company, and it is still one of the best operating systems out there.

LordZelkova

Ashen One...
Legacy Supporter 8
I'd like to at least see the staff be a little more... responsive on suggestion threads. At least declare something "too rough" or if give some kind of reason for things being not listened to. I know the upper staff has a lot to do behind the scenes but it would be nice to know what they think about things.

P.s Windows 7 for life.

TheAncientTeam

Legacy Supporter 7
Most people don't know what they like, you're right, who knew so many people would love mob arena in dg, and yet they did. There is one small flaw in that logic, people know what they like once they've had it, and they know what they don't like once they get it too. People who have played here since zeal or earlier and even newer member still, they all know what they like and giving this chance to give them what they want will allow them to see if what they remember being so great about herocraft was just nostalgia goggles, or whether it was what they truly enjoyed about hc. Either way as I keep saying, it's a test run, it doesn't waste resources much and if anything you can use it to get new ideas to introduce to the current map.

w0nd3rb0y

Legacy Supporter 5
I don't think anyone really understands. The older players know what we want. You don't have to show us. I've grown weary of recent updates. I don't like attributes, I don't like non-set armor. If I see iron cheat/legs diamond boots/helm I want to know that's a dk, leather armor with chain helm, ninja, etc. I don't like custom weapons/enchants. I want simplicity, smooth gameplay, and constant battle. I want mob arenas back. Spawn pits. If you played DG you know what HC should be. The only reason we lost players on that map was the ddos attack we received from craftlandia. You could run around and find people everywhere. Two things I really like that have been added Clans and PvP tagging for non-pvp regions.

JupiterRome

Legacy Supporter 5
I will say 100% that I have plans in motion for something great.

A major patch aptly named "Back to the Basics" is underway.

I won't comment when this will be released but you can bet your ass it is amazing.
The suspense!

MariusAbyssal

Legacy Supporter 6

I won't comment when this will be released but you can bet your ass it is amazing.

Could you give us more details about this patch please?
It's not like you have to use any marketing tactics here to tease players about what's coming I've always been of the thought that more transparency = more trust from the people.

LordZelkova

Ashen One...
Legacy Supporter 8

Don't take this wrong but the excitement for this will last only so long. We've heard "Amazing thing is coming soon" and then not heard of it for a while. My example would be dungeons, they were mentioned and hyped up in Bastion (I think it was Bastion, I cant remember what map was what sometimes) and then not heard of until now.

TheAncientTeam

Legacy Supporter 7

As someone who's heard some of your ideas in the past I am skeptical right now, can I please get some more information rather than a title, if I hear what it is I will be inclined to come back when it implemented depending on if I like it. If it is what it sounds like then I am sure others who share similar thoughts to me (most older players) will also feel the same.

Kainzo

The Disposable Hero
Staff member
Founder
Adventure Team
Could you give us more details about this patch please?
It's not like you have to use any marketing tactics here to tease players about what's coming I've always been of the thought that more transparency = more trust from the people.
Don't take this wrong but the excitement for this will last only so long. We've heard "Amazing thing is coming soon" and then not heard of it for a while. My example would be dungeons, they were mentioned and hyped up in Bastion (I think it was Bastion, I cant remember what map was what sometimes) and then not heard of until now.
As someone who's heard some of your ideas in the past I am skeptical right now, can I please get some more information rather than a title, if I hear what it is I will be inclined to come back when it implemented depending on if I like it. If it is what it sounds like then I am sure others who share similar thoughts to me (most older players) will also feel the same.
I've been talking about it quite a bit - but some things wont happen over night for obvious reasons.

Most important is how attributes are handled - in the future, we'll be removing allocation points, in favor of attribute only on items.
More than likely going back to a armor-sets as well
Gold standard is coming back with souls and staying.
Arenas back in the game.
Mythic Mobs finally implemented
Mob growth removed (in favor of mythic mobs)