• Guest, HEROCRAFT PUBLIC RELEASE IS HAPPENING AN HOUR EARLIER! TONIGHT @ 7PM CST GET READY FOR IT! play.hc.to
    Read up on the guides and new systems! Here.
    View the LIVE Map here @ hc.to/map
    Stuck or have a problem? use "/pe create" to to open a ticket with staff (There are some known issues and other hotfixes we will be pushing asap)
  • Guest, Make sure to use our LAUNCHER! Read more here!

Suggestion Let the community decide!

LordZelkova

Ashen One...
Legacy Supporter 8
I've been talking about it quite a bit - but some things wont happen over night for obvious reasons.

Most important is how attributes are handled - in the future, we'll be removing allocation points, in favor of attribute only on items.
More than likely going back to a armor-sets as well
Gold standard is coming back with souls and staying.
Arenas back in the game.
Mythic Mobs finally implemented
Mob growth removed (in favor of mythic mobs)
Well then, color me impressed. The list looks nice! Can't wait to see whats still hidden from us :O

Beau_Nearh

Portal
Just want to add my thoughts on this whole situation.

The whole talk of whether or not to revert the server back to past maps (or even create a sub server) such as bastion is ridiculous. Everyone involved in this whole discussion is only looking back at the positives, the memories that actually made that whole experience a fond one in which you enjoyed being part of. Because of this, you are totally missing all the hard work that all of the staff have put in to this server (as well as other plugins) to further push the limits that is possible within minecraft. Reverting back to the past will only cause a downfall.

Sure there has been major reworks within certain aspects but they are mostly for the best (such as attributes). Even if these older versions/ maps were implemented, it would only dull down your pervious experience. They are memories for a reason, don't go chasing them or you'll only wreak it for yourself. From my point of view, I would love to relive the moment I logged onto multi's server when it was booming but I know as well as others that I will never gain that experience again.

Now, judging by how active everyone is in this thread. You will all be aware of the major developments within the pipeline for this server in general with townships 3.0 just around the corner and other 'secret' projects in the works that are soon to be released (don't forget RPG!). Because of this, please try to help push the developers forward in helping them with their new projects. Give proper suggestions with valid reasons, everything helps but making negative threads disregarding all their work is only going to have a negative outcome (Just look at what you're saying from a different perspective, it's disrespectful to say the least).

Also, I've seen a lot of 'let the community decide' posts regarding this matter. This is a problem. Currently, there are two distinct types of players on this server. The 'vocal' kind (which is most of you who's actually posted in this thread) and there's the 'quite' kind which doesn't really voice their opinions. Because of this, don't think your opinion speaks for the rest of the player base. Just because the vocal players agree with you doesn't mean it portrays the whole opinion that the player base shares. This is a community, not a dictatorship.

LightningCape

Holy Shit!
I've been talking about it quite a bit - but some things wont happen over night for obvious reasons.

Most important is how attributes are handled - in the future, we'll be removing allocation points, in favor of attribute only on items.
Arenas back in the game.
Looking forward to it

TheAncientTeam

Legacy Supporter 7

Arenas back in the game.
I have 2 questions towards this. What are mythic mobs, and what arenas, if you mean the 1v1 arenas where you challenge people to duels then that is fine, but I still think we need more zones for pvp. For example in zeal it was the trading district, dragon guard had spawn pits (awesome idea need this) and jungle mob arena, and in bastion we had east road and lo's swamp. The past 2 maps there hasn't been this, there has been outposts but they are rather boring and treacherous, I mean the point of pvp zones were you could pvp non-stop whenever you wanted, they're still good, just implement more zones designed for pvp.

LordZelkova

Ashen One...
Legacy Supporter 8
I have 2 questions towards this. What are mythic mobs, and what arenas, if you mean the 1v1 arenas where you challenge people to duels then that is fine, but I still think we need more zones for pvp. For example in zeal it was the trading district, dragon guard had spawn pits (awesome idea need this) and jungle mob arena, and in bastion we had east road and lo's swamp. The past 2 maps there hasn't been this, there has been outposts but they are rather boring and treacherous, I mean the point of pvp zones were you could pvp non-stop whenever you wanted, they're still good, just implement more zones designed for pvp.
Mythic Mobs are custom Mobs (Remember boss mobs from MA's?, well bassically those but randomyl spawned around the map) and arenas...... I'm unsure. That's something upper staff can answer (If they want to reveal that information that is)

JupiterRome

Legacy Supporter 5
Just want to add my thoughts on this whole situation.

The whole talk of whether or not to revert the server back to past maps (or even create a sub server) such as bastion is ridiculous. Everyone involved in this whole discussion is only looking back at the positives, the memories that actually made that whole experience a fond one in which you enjoyed being part of. Because of this, you are totally missing all the hard work that all of the staff have put in to this server (as well as other plugins) to further push the limits that is possible within minecraft. Reverting back to the past will only cause a downfall.

Sure there has been major reworks within certain aspects but they are mostly for the best (such as attributes). Even if these older versions/ maps were implemented, it would only dull down your pervious experience. They are memories for a reason, don't go chasing them or you'll only wreak it for yourself. From my point of view, I would love to relive the moment I logged onto multi's server when it was booming but I know as well as others that I will never gain that experience again.

Now, judging by how active everyone is in this thread. You will all be aware of the major developments within the pipeline for this server in general with townships 3.0 just around the corner and other 'secret' projects in the works that are soon to be released (don't forget RPG!). Because of this, please try to help push the developers forward in helping them with their new projects. Give proper suggestions with valid reasons, everything helps but making negative threads disregarding all their work is only going to have a negative outcome (Just look at what you're saying from a different perspective, it's disrespectful to say the least).

Also, I've seen a lot of 'let the community decide' posts regarding this matter. This is a problem. Currently, there are two distinct types of players on this server. The 'vocal' kind (which is most of you who's actually posted in this thread) and there's the 'quite' kind which doesn't really voice their opinions. Because of this, don't think your opinion speaks for the rest of the player base. Just because the vocal players agree with you doesn't mean it portrays the whole opinion that the player base shares. This is a community, not a dictatorship.
How you say Don't forget rpg I find funny, RPG was coming "soon" when I first joined just saying

Beau_Nearh

Portal
How you say Don't forget rpg I find funny, RPG was coming "soon" when I first joined just saying

The only reason why the term 'soon' was used over a precise deadline is that it doesn't put unneeded pressure onto the developers them-self to actually meet the deadline. If they were to set one and it wasn't met, the forums would be of very un-happy people (let's be honest) as well as the server chat full of discussions about the failed deadline. Just have faith, I'm sure all staff working in it will deliver what the expectations of it is.

Xhazed

Portal
But kainzo are you sure that not telling any1 what you are doing would be good, what if no1 likes it????? It can even ruin the server more or not. Im waiting for map restart to happrn to play again

Trazil

Legacy Supporter 2
@Kainzo if you add attribute onto items you will get more people complaining on how vets have OP gear and camp noobs with it and lead to more problems...

LordZelkova

Ashen One...
Legacy Supporter 8
@Kainzo if you add attribute onto items you will get more people complaining on how vets have OP gear and camp noobs with it and lead to more problems...
From what was sneak previewed a while back (IIRC) they are things like Strength + 3 on the diamond sword
With classes having base stats. But we'll see how it really goes.

MrFly007

Portal
Instead of going through the trouble of implementing all the arenas, I would rather 1-2 Mob Arenas, this unites a lot of the community and it is just plain untapped fun when you get 10 guys going all the way in a MA with 1 healer.

0xNaomi

Legacy Supporter 6
Retired Staff
Instead of going through the trouble of implementing all the arenas, I would rather 1-2 Mob Arenas, this unites a lot of the community and it is just plain untapped fun when you get 10 guys going all the way in a MA with 1 healer.
He never said Mob Arenas. It's probably PvP arenas, since those seem to really never change world PvP no matter what anyone says (was just ganking people before, I hear it's still just ganking people now).
Mob Arenas, on the other hand, I've heard were just broken and progressed things far too quickly and easily.

Egorh

Outcast
Legacy Supporter 7
A good spot to have PvP arenas or spawn pits would be that long building on the one side of spawn (north I think) and give the building a few edits to make it more suitable.

Trazil

Legacy Supporter 2
From what was sneak previewed a while back (IIRC) they are things like Strength + 3 on the diamond sword
With classes having base stats. But we'll see how it really goes.
it doesn't matter, if you give them better items people will complain. that's a reason prot was removed...

Yavool

Legacy Supporter 9
I like the customization allowed with allocation points and how they allow balance tweaks to happen between classes by manipulating the bonuses given to each spell based on the points spent.

If anything, I would suggest actually empowering the allocation points framework by increasing the level cap to 70 or 75 in order to allow players to go further into the bonus effects that allocation points grant.

I am curious as to what could be superior to allocation points... and if changes to that system really need to be a priority right now when other things seem to be more pressing.

-yav