• Guest, we are doing a new map (refresh) for Herocraft. Gather your friends and get ready! Coming next Friday, 06/28/24 @ 7PM CT play.hc.to
    Read up on the guides and new systems! Here.
    View the LIVE Map here @ hc.to/map
    Stuck or have a problem? use "/pe create" to to open a ticket with staff (There are some known issues and other hotfixes we will be pushing asap)
  • Guest, Make sure to use our LAUNCHER! Read more here!

Suggestion Let All Classes Use Shears

Should all classes be allowed to use daggers?

• Total voters

malikdanab

Legacy Supporter 8
Threads like these make me question peoples maturity...

Anyway, I think shears, "Daggers", should remain a class specific weapon. The whole point of different weapons is to make them more lore appropriate. Allowing everyone to have the shears doesn't fit the lore and shouldn't be added.

CoolBeans279

Legacy Supporter 3
I'm not saying it is hard to level axe classes, but I am saying it is annoying that my axe breaks after 2 hours, in which case I need to run back to spawn, buy another one, and continue where I left off. My Unbreaking III sword that I had as a Paladin lasted several days, even with Paladin having low melee damage.
I agree, it's extremely annoying to have to get a new weapon ever 2 hour when leveling, and it would be great to have a backup weapon with lower dmg but doesn't break. But I just don't see it firing the lore. Not that I care about the lore but it would take uniqueness out of classes, there are easier classes to level and harder ones, just the way the game is. Maybe a different solution to this problem?

0xNaomi

Legacy Supporter 6
Retired Staff
To use a small knife as a main combat damage item, yes, it takes lore compatibility and reason. If there's a way to keep shear damage ~10% under diamond tier damage, then perhaps it would be nice to have a universal back-up weapon.
To be fair, weapon damage isn't like durability, we can set it at will. (See gold > diamond)
So we can set shears to be whatever amount we want.

Fjordsen

Legacy Supporter 6
I'm not saying it is hard to level axe classes, but I am saying it is annoying that my axe breaks after 2 hours, in which case I need to run back to spawn, buy another one, and continue where I left off. My Unbreaking III sword that I had as a Paladin lasted several days, even with Paladin having low melee damage.
Swords and shovels also breaks over time, it's an intended feature in minecraft that makes sure people either mine for ore or spend money to buy finished gear. If you really don't like spending so much on enchanted weapons, then don't use them or go Smith for repairs.

Last edited:

pure_autism

Legacy Supporter 5
Swords and shovels also breaks over time, it's an intended feature that makes sure people either mine for ore or spend money to buy finished gear. If you really don't like spending so much on enchanted weapons, then don't use them or go Smith for repairs.
I'm a Disciple, nothing could mean less to me than weapon durability for my class. It was just an idea.

Moralsk

Gold
Swords and shovels also breaks over time, it's an intended feature in minecraft that makes sure people either mine for ore or spend money to buy finished gear. If you really don't like spending so much on enchanted weapons, then don't use them or go Smith for repairs.

Really?

The reason axe users are always getting enchanted axes is because if they don't have unbreaking they don't last for shit and are expensive as hell. Axes get -3x the use per ore than swords. When I was leveling berserker and had no enchanted axes, I could go through 9-12 diamonds throughout the day easily. Thank goodness they added unique diamond axes. So basically how it worked for me as berserker was I'd buy an unbreaking III/IV axe when spawn wasn't sold out, and then get the town smith to repair it every hour/hour and a half until it was disenchanted.

So saying "If you really don't like spending so much on enchanted weapons, then don't use them..." is really incorrect because not buying enchanted axes makes leveling vastly more expensive.

No I don't think we need to give everyone daggers. I still however want something done about this deal with costs. Some classes don't spend shit all the way to master, while others like pyromancers, dreadknights, berserkers, spend tons going up 10 levels. In my opinion this is really unfair.

Fjordsen

Legacy Supporter 6
Really?

The reason axe users are always getting enchanted axes is because if they don't have unbreaking they don't last for shit and are expensive as hell. Axes get -3x the use per ore than swords. When I was leveling berserker and had no enchanted axes, I could go through 9-12 diamonds throughout the day easily. Thank goodness they added unique diamond axes. So basically how it worked for me as berserker was I'd buy an unbreaking III/IV axe when spawn wasn't sold out, and then get the town smith to repair it every hour/hour and a half until it was disenchanted.

So saying "If you really don't like spending so much on enchanted weapons, then don't use them..." is really incorrect because not buying enchanted axes makes leveling vastly more expensive.

No I don't think we need to give everyone daggers. I still however want something done about this deal with costs. Some classes don't spend shit all the way to master, while others like pyromancers, dreadknights, berserkers, spend tons going up 10 levels. In my opinion this is really unfair.
If you want the best gear, you have to pay for it. Personally I am poor as heck and I never use diamond tier weapons, tools or armor because I can't afford it. You might argue that this is because I play ninja and can use shears, but I've always been using swords because Eviscerate doesn't work with shears. Though I still have a much easier time than you berserkers as I don't have to rely as much on armor and I use swords, not axes.

I did play Dreadknight back in Dragongarde (1~ year ago) and my experience is that if you want to play a heavy armored class that uses an axe for weapon, you need to be good at 1) Raiding 2) Mining 3) Aquiring money

Of course it's pretty unfair that a caster can pay less than 10s for its gear while a Berz/DK pays hundreds, but the only solution would be to increase durability or lower market prices on ores/gear. The first solution isn't possible as far as I know, the second depends on the people controlling the market.

Moralsk

Gold
If you want the best gear, you have to pay for it. Personally I am poor as heck and I never use diamond tier weapons, tools or armor because I can't afford it. You might argue that this is because I play ninja and can use shears, but I've always been using swords because Eviscerate doesn't work with shears. Though I still have a much easier time than you berserkers as I don't have to rely as much on armor and I use swords, not axes.

I did play Dreadknight back in Dragongarde (1~ year ago) and my experience is that if you want to play a heavy armored class that uses an axe for weapon, you need to be good at 1) Raiding 2) Mining 3) Aquiring money

Of course it's pretty unfair that a caster can pay less than 10s for its gear while a Berz/DK pays hundreds, but the only solution would be to increase durability or lower market prices on ores/gear. The first solution isn't possible as far as I know, the second depends on the people controlling the market.

Well it's said to be impossible, but I've looked at bukkit's api and it seems such needed functionality exists. The second solution doesn't appeal to me. I'm fine with diamond goods being expensive, I just wish I didn't have to buy more constantly. Personally think ores themselves are already pretty cheap (last I checked anyways haven't been on for week currently).

SurvivalManZ

ICE ICE ICE!
I personally would like to see ranger's axes replaced with "daggers" or shears. Ranger's Apprentice series anyone?

You just made my day. Finally, someone who reads Ranger's Apprentice! I sometimes feel like a noob, cause I try to act like a Ranger in minecraft, looking around, using the trees to hide, always using a bow.

Mustardmanmcgee

Legacy Supporter 3
For me.. I'll go with a yes/no. No in the fact that no, I don't think that paladins and BM's should have em, if they can, then very low damage. Yes in the fact that daggers should go out to ALL rogue category class types

pure_autism

Legacy Supporter 5
@SadieCharlie It's considered impolite to actively seek out someone's thread and give it negative ratings out of spite. Did you even read the thread?

Xhazed

Portal
Well the purpose of diff clases is to bring diff ways of playing the game, with that being said some classes might have it harder at some things than others, so i say no daggers should only be for ninja, maybe ranger.

HeroGuy426

Glowstone
If some alternate weapon for axe and shovel using classes isn't made, then the durability should be raised for axes when you're an axe using class and shovels for shovel using classes. If that's possible. If not, an alternate weapon like a shortsword for shovel using classes and hatchets for axe users might work. These would have higher durability, and could be made by smiths or dropped from mobs that are holding them. They'd be weaker, of course, because they're secondary weapons.

zecaseo

ICE ICE ICE!
You just made my day. Finally, someone who reads Ranger's Apprentice! I sometimes feel like a noob, cause I try to act like a Ranger in minecraft, looking around, using the trees to hide, always using a bow.

I've been looking for a horse for so long, not sure if I can ride one, but ah well

Dsawemd

Wiki Team
Legacy Supporter 8
What could happen is that all weapon durability was increased so that a weapon would break from dying, rather than fighting people. Nothing sucks more in the middle of PvP than your axe breaking, wouldn't you say? I just felt that making people able to use daggers as a backup (heck, even 60% damage?) would make leveling Berserker or DreadKnight less costly than how it is now. The reason I'm not mentioning Pyromancer, Shaman, or Ranger is because they all have skills to back them up, or bows with infinite arrows, in Ranger's case.
Iron tier damage would make sense for the few classes that would use daggers non-optimally. It is just below diamond tier, and effectively costs the same materials.