• Guest, we are doing a new map (refresh) for Herocraft. Gather your friends and get ready! Coming next Friday, 06/28/24 @ 7PM CT play.hc.to
    Read up on the guides and new systems! Here.
    View the LIVE Map here @ hc.to/map
    Stuck or have a problem? use "/pe create" to to open a ticket with staff (There are some known issues and other hotfixes we will be pushing asap)
  • Guest, Make sure to use our LAUNCHER! Read more here!

Suggestion LayHands CD

I believe this came up before on the opposite side, I believe that the LayHands CD is a little long. If this was reduced by say 10 minutes it'd be a lot more use in more instances. This could backfire as well, I'd just like to hear what you guys think..

macura

Diamond
No. The cd for layhands should stay at 15m if any change were made it would most likely be to increase the cd. Paladin is the tankiest class, with the most health, pray and a full heal, they have plenty in the way of survivability.

MultiHeartGold

Legacy Supporter 2
One question (numbers from wiki). Why does Paladin's Layhands have a 15 minute cooldown, which is insane, while Cleric's FullHeal has 15 seconds, and it does the exact same as LH?

EvilThor

Legacy Supporter 3
No. The cd for layhands should stay at 15m if any change were made it would most likely be to increase the cd. Paladin is the tankiest class, with the most health, pray and a full heal, they have plenty in the way of survivability.
Actually do Dreadknight have more hp than Paladin,

However,
Paladin is fine as it is, LH is a once in a fight skill and is ment as an "oohh shit" skill.

Aerokii

Legacy Supporter 8
The CD for layhands is fine- though, if somehow we could get the timer reset whenever we enter a new skirmish/duel, same for invuln, that'd be great... heh.

I'd also really like to remove the self-heal nerf on it- 15 minutes DOES seem like a bit much when you're only healing 66% of your current damage. Or, at least, make it 66% of your max HP, since it's silly that, with one heart damage, the mighty layhands won't give you a full heal.

Narvon

TNT
The CD for layhands is fine- though, if somehow we could get the timer reset whenever we enter a new skirmish/duel, same for invuln, that'd be great... heh.

I agree, each classes skill timers need to be separate from Bastion so that classes with skills that have extremely long cooldowns, can still use these skills regardless of whats happening in Bastion.

joshtsai

Legacy Supporter 2
Then what about skills like recall/warp I could just do a fuel with a friend, the pull off a recall inside the duel, moving me to bastion. And taking out red stone from my gear won't work due to redstone being a regent to wizard's blinks

northeaster345

Legacy Supporter 8
Then what about skills like recall/warp I could just do a fuel with a friend, the pull off a recall inside the duel, moving me to bastion. And taking out red stone from my gear won't work due to redstone being a regent to wizard's blinks

You can't recall in skirmishes, it prevents world changes. I've started recalling in the past, and gotten dragged into a skirmish, and then had it on cd, it's annoying but not a big deal, and it prevents a lot of exploits that you brought up.

joshtsai

Legacy Supporter 2
You can't recall in skirmishes, it prevents world changes. I've started recalling in the past, and gotten dragged into a skirmish, and then had it on cd, it's annoying but not a big deal, and it prevents a lot of exploits that you brought up.

But isn't recalling from Forgelight-> Bastion a world change?

Edit: I think I got what you were saying does the skirmish/duel function stop the recall or is it the fact that its a different world that stops the recall?

northeaster345

Legacy Supporter 8
But isn't recalling from Forgelight-> Bastion a world change?

Edit: I think I got what you were saying does the skirmish/duel function stop the recall or is it the fact that its a different world that stops the recall?

Skirmish stops you from recalling out of the arena. I assume the same is true for duel, but I haven't tested it, since standing still for that long in a duel will kill the wizard.

macura

Diamond

I'd also really like to remove the self-heal nerf on it- 15 minutes DOES seem like a bit much when you're only healing 66% of your current damage. Or, at least, make it 66% of your max HP, since it's silly that, with one heart damage, the mighty layhands won't give you a full heal.
DK's and paladins would dominate all skirmishes if all cd's reset themselves.

MultiHeartGold

Legacy Supporter 2
DK's and paladins would dominate all skirmishes if all cd's reset themselves.
It wouldnt change the way DKs and Paladins fight in skirmishes. It would just remove the annoyingly long wait between them if you want to use Harmtouch or Layhands.

Diffuse

Legacy Supporter 4
One question (numbers from wiki). Why does Paladin's Layhands have a 15 minute cooldown, which is insane, while Cleric's FullHeal has 15 seconds, and it does the exact same as LH?
Haven't read the whole thread so I'm not sure if this was fully answered. Cleric is a healing spec with a pure focus on healing while paladin is a tank with a focus on keeping members alive through distraction, control and minor healing. Also 5 second warmup >.>

STDs4YouAnd4Me

Legacy Supporter 8

Hmmmm... I doubt it. I played a 'bad' Paladin yesterday (sorry if you read this!) in a duel while I was a beguiler. He got off 2 prays and I finally beat him with my final blow, putting me at 2% mana (Yes, I used Wisdom). I imagine his Layhands was on cooldown. If it wasn't, I would have needed to kite for 10 seconds at a time just to have enough mana to shoot a fireball. Having the ability to use layhands EVERY time would mean a class like Beguiler would have to /kill themselves every time they play a Paladin, or I imagine a Cleric.

Aerokii

Legacy Supporter 8
Hmmmm... I doubt it. I played a 'bad' Paladin yesterday (sorry if you read this!) in a duel while I was a beguiler. He got off 2 prays and I finally beat him with my final blow, putting me at 2% mana (Yes, I used Wisdom). I imagine his Layhands was on cooldown. If it wasn't, I would have needed to kite for 10 seconds at a time just to have enough mana to shoot a fireball. Having the ability to use layhands EVERY time would mean a class like Beguiler would have to /kill themselves every time they play a Paladin, or I imagine a Cleric.

Multi answered this pretty well.

It wouldnt change the way DKs and Paladins fight in skirmishes. It would just remove the annoyingly long wait between them if you want to use Harmtouch or Layhands.

I don't go into skirmish or duels without it, so it wouldn't change much aside from how often I skirmish.