• Guest, HEROCRAFT PUBLIC RELEASE IS HAPPENING AN HOUR EARLIER! TONIGHT @ 7PM CST GET READY FOR IT! play.hc.to
    Read up on the guides and new systems! Here.
    View the LIVE Map here @ hc.to/map
    Stuck or have a problem? use "/pe create" to to open a ticket with staff (There are some known issues and other hotfixes we will be pushing asap)
  • Guest, Make sure to use our LAUNCHER! Read more here!

Landmark Siege.

RedKhan

Soulsand
This is a competitive PvP orientated suggestion which hopes to encourage more organised; goal orientated, player combat. It heavily involves towns or other ingame institutions that own land/property.
Taken from here and re-written as best I could manage. It's as awesome as it is big so be warned.
-The Landmark-
Each town would select an area of land within 100 blocks of it's rings. The size of this area would be decided by the forum/admins but my suggestion would be around 20x20 with a height of no more than 40.
Within this area they would design and build their "Town Landmark" this could be anything from a statue to a garrison outpost. However this area will be prone to PvP so players may wish to design it so it can be defended easily and effectively.
Anyone should be able to place or remove blocks in these areas, although only the original town should be allowed to make aesthetic changes, and only while the landmark is under their control.
Within the landmark there should be a visible chest that contains 1 block of white wool.
-Landmark Ownership-
Somewhere on the landmark there should be an indicator of the towns ownership over the landmark (Wool pattern, town flag, sign etc). These should be consistent among all landmarks in the game to avoid confusion.
Alone, these landmarks would do nothing. However if a town or group were to gain control of multiple landmarks then they would receive a recurring prize (Coin/Rare items). These prizes would be awarded by an Admin at the end of each week.
-Landmark Assault-
Once built players would have the opportunity to lay siege to these landmarks, for a fee.
This fee would be linked to the reward for owning multiple landmarks, for example:
Own 2 Landmarks: Reward = 200 coin per week.
Attack a 3rd Landmark = 200 coin for a 2 hour window.
This would not be instantaneous. Attackers would have to inform ingame moderators and pass the coin to them, then the ingame moderators would set a time at least 48 hours in the future that best suits the attacking players. For example:
It's Friday at noon.
Midgard wishes to attack Ironpass' Landmark, they contact an admin ingame, who then checks that the Landmark isn't already "Booked" for assault that week.
If that is the case, the admin contacts the defenders of the Landmark (Ironpass) and informs them that the area is vulnerable to attack between 12:00 til 14:00 on Sunday. Ironpass spreads this message amongst it's townsfolk and allies to prepare for the attack.
Regardless of who is successful the Landmark will not be open to attack until the following weeks start. The victor is decided using the contents of the Landmark's chest at the end of the assault period:
White wool = Defenders win.
Anything else = Attackers win.
This should be verified by a mod/admin.
-Siege Etiquette-
Attackers may place items such as ladders onto the Landmark, or dig up into it to get inside. However outright destruction of the Landmark's exterior or interior is forbidden and if proven, results in a forfeit.
Defenders must have their chest in a reachable location (Although it may be boobytrapped)
Both groups are forbidden to use Lava.
Both groups may bring allies to aid them, however only the current owners and the group that paid the coin may win the Landmark.

RedKhan

Soulsand
All feedback from town owners/avid pvpers appreciated!

As well as from Kainzo, Apherdite, Seratt and anybody who has a say in the implementation of such things.

donnymeyer

Obsidian
i was thinking of something very similar.

4 landmarks spread around the rings of the city(200 blocks). before attacking the city in war, they would have to rake out the obsidian block in/ around the center. the block would have to be reachable. once each and every one of these blocks has been destroyed, the attackers can move to take the town. to take the town, they have to destroy a 4x4 obsidian cube located in the town inn. still have to be reachable, and the mayor must post its coordinates in the town thread. once this cube is destroyed, ALL members of the defeated town must surrender themselves to the victorious. the winning attackers decide what to do with the town, annex the city, puppet it OR rave ( destroy) it. they also decide to either enslave imprison or free the defeated citizens. thus, a prison and outposts should be added to the town building requirements. also if a defeated citizen can somehow escape AFTER THE DESTRUCTION OF THE CUBE, there free! and able to form a rebellion to free the city. now hiding in the town hall isn't the best idea...

agentjwall

Godly
Wasn't kainzo tinkering with an idea like this two monthly meetings ago? Although I'd actually rather have the towns themselves be attacked, not an outpost since it seems to remove the purpose of having a town in the first place (They would seem more like big warehouses for storing things...)

donnymeyer

Obsidian
i like this idea alot, and i think that we need a kingdom vs kingdom war. and so being a kingdom is a win, every other pylon is an outpost. also, there should be connections my road/river/subway to the town. say in the outposts, there was a flag placed in the center of the outpost. you would have to destroy the enemy flag and put up yours. the attacking flag is a red wool block with a white background and the defender flag is a blue wool block with a black background. the flag must be reachable. same things with the towns- they can have up to 5 flags and once the flags are destroyed, they win.

RedKhan

Soulsand
Attacking and conquering towns would be cool too, however I think there would be too much opposition from the more carebearish players for that to go forward.

donnymeyer

Obsidian
im not exactly carebearish... and there would have to be special areas in the town where one can put the flag, and the flag is this :

defending flag:
OOOOO
OOOOO
OOOOO
this flag must be changed to:
OOOOO
OOOOO
OOOOO
outposts have one flag, towns have 4 flags. to involve guilds in this, if a guild is alled with the town, they can place a flag like this:

OOOOO
OOOOO
OOOOO ( the O's are wool)
this flag would also have to be taken down and replaced like the others, and a guild can build one outpost to strenther the coty's defenses, but it will cost them 500c. the attacks should be planned, thus i devised a system. each outpost would have signs around it with 1,2,3,4. the outposts must be attacked it numerical oreder, and make sure there is somethink, like a big number or signs on the outposts wall saying its attack oreder. an attacking force can only attack one outpost a day, and if it is taken it can be counterattacked the next day. a city with an invaded outpost can not attack until it is taken back. the attack oreder as follows:

day 1 ( 24 hrs): the side that DECLARES the war attacks an enemy outpost, costing them 200c an hour. a raid on an outpost can be up to 3 hours. lets say the attackers took the outpost.

day 2: defenders can counterattack, and the attakcers can attack outpost #2. so attackers are on the defensive and attack. 3 days later the attackers have toe outposts.

day 5: the city is able to be atttacked. all the flags must be taken down. when the flags are taken down, the attackers can go for the obsodian cube. the should have 3 layers, making it hard to break. once the cube is broken, the defenders are forced to surrender, give their weapons and wait for the victorious to sentence them.

Howdanrocks

Legacy Supporter 4
To be honest, this is a good idea but would be too difficult and time consuming to implement.

donnymeyer

Obsidian
building small bases and flags and some flags is that hard?i mean, there flags. the main idea on this is good... but an obsidian cube must be destroyed and war has to be fun.

Punisher79

Support the Death Penalty
Legacy Supporter 5
This might be hard for staff to monitor...

but your idea has merit.

I like it.

Howdanrocks

Legacy Supporter 4
building small bases and flags and some flags is that hard?i mean, there flags. the main idea on this is good... but an obsidian cube must be destroyed and war has to be fun.

I was referring to staff. Of course it isn't hard to make a small base, but for staff to monitor all of this? Very difficult.

donnymeyer

Obsidian
good point... to simplify this, you tell an admin that you are attacking _____ first base. they say ok. 2 hrs. later, the admin will fly to the base, and see if it has been invaded. of so, you win. that simple!

also, since raiders dont have regions in the town, this idea has to be morphed so a cube has to be destroyed so a town can win. maybe a void in the region for cube in the town?

donnymeyer

Obsidian
sentenceing, since i forgot.

once a town is taken over, all members of the defeated town must go to the town hall to surrender. the victorious loot them, and then discuss what to du next. with te citizens:

-enslave: evil/neutral
-imprison: good/neutral- this would make a prison in your town necessary.
-free: good
with the city:
-annex (take the city for yourself) (neutral/evil)
-tax. this city will pay 10-50% of the winners city. (neutral/good)
-raze. (this is incredibly evil), and will cost 1500c and a gold record.

imprisonment works like this:

fled from battle- 2 m/c day of jail-short amount of time

fought little, but retreated, looted, killed- shortish amount

fought to the death,looted, killed- longer amount of time

broke into town, robbed, killed- long time

max of 15 m/c days, min fo 1 mc day.

jwplayer0

Legacy Supporter 6
I feel like people are over thinking this. As donny said here:
good point... to simplify this, you tell an admin that you are attacking _____ first base. they say ok. 2 hrs. later, the admin will fly to the base, and see if it has been invaded. of so, you win. that simple!
This could be done easy. Since the only think staff will be required to do is set up the time of each raid, an available admin can book the time and post it in the staff section on the forum, then any available admin or mod can come at the designated begging and ending time to see the results.

Since the booked time will be past 48 hours of the payment, this can be organized quite easily on the staff section of the forum. You could even have it organized to be at a time available for the staff member who decided to moderate it and at a time the city is able to be ready.

RedKhan

Soulsand
To be honest, this is a good idea but would be too difficult and time consuming to implement.

I disagree with that, most of it is player done and could be considered fun in itself.

Staff would have to do the following:
A possible 1 attack per city each week, where a mod or admin receives a message, then sends one.
A mod shows up in the final minute to check the chest.

A thread could be put together listing who controls which areas, but this could be done by any trustworthy player really.

Also Donny, no offense intended, but I think you should make your own suggestion thread instead of trying to change/overcomplicate mine. ;)