• Guest, we are doing a new map (refresh) for Herocraft. Gather your friends and get ready! Coming next Friday, 06/28/24 @ 7PM CT play.hc.to
    Read up on the guides and new systems! Here.
    View the LIVE Map here @ hc.to/map
    Stuck or have a problem? use "/pe create" to to open a ticket with staff (There are some known issues and other hotfixes we will be pushing asap)
  • Guest, Make sure to use our LAUNCHER! Read more here!

[Kingdom] Order of the Sun [OS] [Neutral/Good]

Symbolite

Legacy Supporter 7
Application as is has been denied. Pillars are too far apart. Rules state each pillar must be visible from the next. You used 26 pillars; you can use up to a maximum of 50. Tag me when this issue has been resolved.

Are you playing minecraft from a toaster? I'm pretty sure they are all viewable from the shortest render distance, we actually planned this out block by block pretty much.

Drastikos

Legacy Supporter 3
I use normal render distance and can see both the one before and the one after when standing at one.
Maybe there's a render distance lower then normal?

xexorian

Admin ZeeZo
Retired Staff
Are you playing minecraft from a toaster? I'm pretty sure they are all viewable from the shortest render distance, we actually planned this out block by block pretty much.

we did, and we sent maps, and we verified those maps with Danda before we placed a single block.

Mayors outline plots before citizens build.

King's should outline their own kingdom as they see fit, however we can't, so if admins are going to enforce restrictions they need to place a marker to show us where to build pylons that's acceptable so we can do it right the first time, we spent days of time as a team, which equates to months of work force premeditating our pylon locations, we made several maps and asked tons of questions that we had verified the due process for with you two on teamspeak only to get told no weeks? later?... this is crap.

Unless you can refund my time, and everyone else's, invested and turn back the clock, you should really man up and give us a clear outline on how kingdom regions work. How they expand, and how you place pylons around growing towns, there's a dozen questions we have before we placed a single one and as I said, there's no support and no tools for the process except painfully recreating our kingdom on a pixel for pixel map, mapping out each chunk, going in-game and finding chunks, then measuring distances painstakingly manually. Not to mention re-iterating and illustrating the map to you after waiting for you to tell us if we could use the future city size of townships or their current size to place pylon distances. Which required over twice the effort involved the first time.

Regardless of the efforts our 350-400+ citizens who invested and donated tons of time, blocks, effort to make this happen we get told a simple, ignorant: "denied."

Needless to say, I am upset with you guys right now and we should talk about this on teamspeak where you can clearly outline everything in fine detail, and then update the wiki to explain why we're following rules that are NOT WRITTEN ANYWHERE. Alator, you're the head of the wiki team, I don't know why you're having a problem doing this, unless you simply don't have time, in which case I could gladly offer my services and relay information to both you and the other wiki editors to get the server up to date with the latest implementations you guys are giving us for the Kingdom Rules.

Alator Danda

to be clear on how I feel, you guys should be perfectly clear and opaque when telling us these rules, and they should be written down so others have to follow them in the exact same manner as us, otherwise that is not fair.

xexorian

Admin ZeeZo
Retired Staff
I use normal render distance and can see both the one before and the one after when standing at one.
Maybe there's a render distance lower then normal?

We measured them on Short view distance on both Optifine AND Default 1.5.1 jar's. I'm actually quite upset we were told no.

Dielan9999

Legacy Supporter 5
xexorian - I remember now... But do you guys have roads AND railroads connecting all towns? That is also a requirement.

We have rails connecting them all, but one of our towns isn't connected by a road. I don't remember reading that in the kingdom requirements :p

Making a road wouldn't be much effort. We also have extra, much prettier roads planned for after the kingdom region is made.

MajorasMask

Ungodly
I believe I have found two pylons which can not be seen from other pylons. I've done this on a ''far'' render distance, and waited for all the chunks to load. I'm playing on an ordinary minecraft client:​
20130330074632.png
20130330074640.png
20130330074647.png
20130330074717.png
And...​
20130330073712.png
20130330073657.png
That's what i've found. Those are the only two pylons i've looked at. Am I missing something?​

archceaser

Legacy Supporter 7
Those pylons are like 10 blocks off from being able to render the next pylon into view really shouldn't be an issue for 10 blocks

Dielan9999

Legacy Supporter 5
I believe I have found two pylons which can not be seen from other pylons. I've done this on a ''far'' render distance, and waited for all the chunks to load. I'm playing on an ordinary minecraft client:​
20130330074632.png
20130330074640.png
20130330074647.png
20130330074717.png
And...​
20130330073712.png
20130330073657.png
That's what i've found. Those are the only two pylons i've looked at. Am I missing something?​

Do you have all the coords to those pylons?

xexorian

Admin ZeeZo
Retired Staff
Also.. I'd like to say the rules don't state how to measure them exactly either..

if you stand beside the pylon you can see the next one.. not on top...

let me clarify if you will: the rule is to make sure that new people can see pylons and whatnot before they cross over, signifying the territory as our kingdoms own.

1) they're not magically going to end up at the center of the pylon, so they will see two or maybe even three in some cases, before getting to there. So, why would we be measuring that rule from the CENTER of the tower? it says viewing from each other, so I went by something reasonable, such as standing in between them, or beside one and looking at the other.
1b) I've only seen one tower that was questionable in distance from its neighbors and by only 4 or 5 blocks in either direction.
1c) that tower is southwest of newerth
2) we're intending to build a kingdom wall in the future so this won't even be a relative issue anyway.
3) there should be a join and leave message when you do enter and exit the regioned zone.

Alator Danda

Additionally, can we verify which ones are too far apart so this issue can be resolved in a timely manner?

p.s.
I have problems that should be considered high up on admin priorities. If they are not, I would like to know why they aren't? I'm welcome to comments from anyone beside alator and danda as well as to why this would be.. because honestly, it's wasting a lot of everyone's time at this point.

Not saying everyone on the server is in my kingdom, but a damn good chunk of the active people are, and this directly affects them by stymieing our progression.

Danda

Dungeon Master Extremist
Staff member
Administrator
Guide
Wiki Team
Max Legacy Supporter
Surprisingly some of us have shit to do IRL now I've been away since early friday and you've tagged me about 4-5 times since then bitching that I'm not doing anything. Now if you're done being an entitled little shit I'm still away till Monday night so leave me out of this bitching.

On a side note you're the one being lazy here. You were given instructions on how pylons should be set up and you put the minimal effort into putting them up. You constantly complained about having to build actual pylons during our conversation and kept asking if you could put up dirt pillars instead, now even after all of that you've put in little effort again considering you've only got 26 pylons out of your allotted 50. If you would stop trying to cut corners you would be perfectly fine and not run into any problems. leftovers5 & LO never ran into any issues because they actually put in a little effort and used a reasonable amount of their pylons.

Dielan9999

Legacy Supporter 5
Surprisingly some of us have shit to do IRL now I've been away since early friday and you've tagged me about 4-5 times since then bitching that I'm not doing anything. Now if you're done being an entitled little shit I'm still away till Monday night so leave me out of this bitching.

On a side note you're the one being lazy here. You were given instructions on how pylons should be set up and you put the minimal effort into putting them up. You constantly complained about having to build actual pylons during our conversation and kept asking if you could put up dirt pillars instead, now even after all of that you've put in little effort again considering you've only got 26 pylons out of your allotted 50. If you would stop trying to cut corners you would be perfectly fine and not run into any problems. leftovers5 & LO never ran into any issues because they actually put in a little effort and used a reasonable amount of their pylons.

So how many more pylons do we need anyway? Which ones aren't close enough? They look fine on my render distance. We need to either know which ones need to be fixed or be given a more specific ruling on how far apart they should be. How are we cutting corners by not using the max amount of pylons? Doesn't that make the admin's job of making a polygonal shape easier anyway?

Danda

Dungeon Master Extremist
Staff member
Administrator
Guide
Wiki Team
Max Legacy Supporter
So how many more pylons do we need anyway? Which ones aren't close enough? They look fine on my render distance. We need to either know which ones need to be fixed or be given a more specific ruling on how far apart they should be. How are we cutting corners by not using the max amount of pylons? Doesn't that make the admin's job of making a polygonal shape easier anyway?
I don't know because I've not seen them since I've been busy/away recently and still am but I'm just on to browse the forums quick.

MajorasMask

Ungodly

-Snipped second bit-.

I fully agree, but the first bit was a little harsh don't you think? :/

Dielan9999

Legacy Supporter 5
I don't know because I've not seen them since I've been busy/away recently and still am but I'm just on to browse the forums quick.

Gotcha!

It's just frustrating (more for xexo than I) because we felt like we were being ignored, and then after being denied with no real info on how to proceed. I just think there should be more than two active admins. Kingdom is the most expensive thing you can purchase on this server and it requires the admins to set it up; hardly a small matter.