• Guest, HEROCRAFT PUBLIC RELEASE IS HAPPENING AN HOUR EARLIER! TONIGHT @ 7PM CST GET READY FOR IT! play.hc.to
    Read up on the guides and new systems! Here.
    View the LIVE Map here @ hc.to/map
    Stuck or have a problem? use "/pe create" to to open a ticket with staff (There are some known issues and other hotfixes we will be pushing asap)
  • Guest, Make sure to use our LAUNCHER! Read more here!

Suggestion Jobs Board/Jobs Marketplace

Would you like to see this implemented?

• Yes, as it is

Votes: 2 50.0%
  • Yes, with some changes

Votes: 2 50.0%
  • No, there is no need

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • No, I don't like it

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters
Having a place to look for desired jobs would be a great thing to have on a server that revolves around classes that can do specific things. If I wanted someone to come do some redstone for me, aside from yelling in chat, I'd have no way of letting people know, and those who aren't online would not know.

This would be located at spawn, in a new room, of the main castle, or a building in the trade district or something. The bulletin would be pretty large, and could possibly give a book upon right clicking on the job sign, in the book, a summary of the job, pay, and other information would be in there. The best way to do this would be using a plugin, to automate as much of it as possible.

==========

EXAMPLE: So someone posting a job uses a command to claim a spot on the board, like /job create. They input the job name, payment amount, and job summary. The payment is to be made upfront so that the job taker is sure to be paid when it is completed.

So the jobs been there for a while, and let's say there's a Farmer that's in need of some extra cash. They don't really like PVP, so they decide to check the jobs bulletin at spawn. There is a sign posted for a Farmer job, by PLAYERXY. They right click on the sign and a book appears in their inventory. Inside the book, they can first see the job name, the client, and the pay. For this job, the pay is for completion, and the pay is 500c. Underneath all that, the job description says that the client needs some animals spawned, along with some Farmer specific items being made.

The Farmer right clicks with the book to accept the job, and it disappears from their inventory. If they did not want to accept the job, they would just remove the book from their inventory and it would disappear.

Now that the job has been accepted, the client is notified in their mailbox or through some other method. They verify that the job has been accepted, and the Farmer is notified of the location of the job, possibly some low cost method of arriving to the job could be set up, so that the person could go home when they want to stop working on the job. Upon completion, the Farmer uses a command to signal the job being done, and the client can verify the job being completed to their satisfaction. If the client wants, they could tip the Farmer extra.

==========

I hope my idea is considered, and I'm open to suggestions to this suggestion, as well as any input and discussion!

Okinosuke

TNT
This is perfect. In Ultima Online, these would be similar to what were called BOD's. Bulk Order Deeds. I really like this concept. +1

Kainzo

The Disposable Hero
Staff member
Founder
Adventure Team
This is perfect. In Ultima Online, these would be similar to what were called BOD's. Bulk Order Deeds. I really like this concept. +1
Having a place to look for desired jobs would be a great thing to have on a server that revolves around classes that can do specific things. If I wanted someone to come do some redstone for me, aside from yelling in chat, I'd have no way of letting people know, and those who aren't online would not know.

This would be located at spawn, in a new room, of the main castle, or a building in the trade district or something. The bulletin would be pretty large, and could possibly give a book upon right clicking on the job sign, in the book, a summary of the job, pay, and other information would be in there. The best way to do this would be using a plugin, to automate as much of it as possible.

==========

EXAMPLE: So someone posting a job uses a command to claim a spot on the board, like /job create. They input the job name, payment amount, and job summary. The payment is to be made upfront so that the job taker is sure to be paid when it is completed.

So the jobs been there for a while, and let's say there's a Farmer that's in need of some extra cash. They don't really like PVP, so they decide to check the jobs bulletin at spawn. There is a sign posted for a Farmer job, by PLAYERXY. They right click on the sign and a book appears in their inventory. Inside the book, they can first see the job name, the client, and the pay. For this job, the pay is for completion, and the pay is 500c. Underneath all that, the job description says that the client needs some animals spawned, along with some Farmer specific items being made.

The Farmer right clicks with the book to accept the job, and it disappears from their inventory. If they did not want to accept the job, they would just remove the book from their inventory and it would disappear.

Now that the job has been accepted, the client is notified in their mailbox or through some other method. They verify that the job has been accepted, and the Farmer is notified of the location of the job, possibly some low cost method of arriving to the job could be set up, so that the person could go home when they want to stop working on the job. Upon completion, the Farmer uses a command to signal the job being done, and the client can verify the job being completed to their satisfaction. If the client wants, they could tip the Farmer extra.

==========

I hope my idea is considered, and I'm open to suggestions to this suggestion, as well as any input and discussion!
I really liked UO :D

There's specific coding that would need to be done for this to be implemented properly.. I'll have to think about it and how we can achieve it the easiest / best route

Thanks for considering! There are plugins out there that do things like this, but ripping apart some bloated plugin that may not be compatible with current ones would be more trouble than putting together some new code...I hope.