• Guest, HEROCRAFT PUBLIC RELEASE IS HAPPENING AN HOUR EARLIER! TONIGHT @ 7PM CST GET READY FOR IT! play.hc.to
    Read up on the guides and new systems! Here.
    View the LIVE Map here @ hc.to/map
    Stuck or have a problem? use "/pe create" to to open a ticket with staff (There are some known issues and other hotfixes we will be pushing asap)
  • Guest, Make sure to use our LAUNCHER! Read more here!

Suggestion [Items] Disable Ender Pearls

Aerokii

Legacy Supporter 8
You can't blink through 1x1 holes anymore since they fixed how blink works, I'm pretty sure.

I use enderpearls in skirmishes when I'm kicked, and would die in the 2 second duration of kick. Note that it takes half a second to a second for the enderpearl to land and get you out of being dead, but also if it hits the other player, you teleport to them, and die faster. Also enderpearls are a useful, albeit expensive way to have a safefall for wizard since blink no longer resets your velocity while falling

Wizard is popular not because it's the best pvp class or even a particularly standout pvp class, but because it's extremely useful, and necessary for getting group raids together. If you eliminate the utility of wizard, (ports, groupteleport), there will be even less of the world pvp people rave on and on about.

I like enderpearls in that they kept people more accountable for building secure bases, but since you can get use them to exploit through solid blocks, I can understand the push to get rid of them. I do believe however that taking away enderpearl use from wizards would need to be balanced with a buff, perhaps to blink.

This makes sense. I'm not opposed to Enderpearls, I'm opposed to using them to get through solid blocks. If the exploit was fixed, I'd be happy to have them in the game, but as long as they're able to break into any base that isn't buried underground, floating in the air, or has walls 5-10 blocks thick (That's a ridiculous number and makes it very difficult to design aesthetically pleasing buildings), I think they need to go- and I'd be perfectly ok with buffing blink to even this out.

Ohh Boo Hoo, Many things in Herocraft are "unsettling" to alot of people, it's just how we live & play the game. Just like when the Map wipes, everything resets except supporter status.

I'm having difficulty in understanding what that has to do with anything. Map wipes are a controlled, highly discussed event with a lot of planning and thought put into when the best time for one is, and it leaves everyone on an equal playing field.

However, that has NOTHING AT ALL to do with the issue at hand. Enderpearls in their current state give an unfair advantage to a particular class, and they work in a way that doesn't make sense (teleporting through solid wall, making most protections pointless.)

A

alexhoff1

The only way to stop a pearl from getting into your base,

A. make the walls 100% out of lava, with a drop in entrance that have an lwc door that nobody could find. Even then, still possible.

EDIT: Deleting the ones that don't work

D. inside of a capital making a large wall w/ a flat drop all around a small area, with a roof on it. has to be in the middle, otherwise the pearling trick is possible.

Not really too optimal, even then it's still possible, just not worth the time.

awsumguy75321

Obsidian
The only way to stop a pearl from getting into your base,
A. make the walls 100% out of lava, with a drop in entrance that have an lwc door that nobody could find. Even then, still possible.

B. Make a base that has a region 5 blocks out of it, floating completely in the air so they can't create optimal conditions to pearl in. Also, you could only get in by recalling.

C. Make your base out of a thick curtain of vines on the exterior, due to them blocking pearls. (these have to be regioned btw)

Those are the only 3 truly possible ways to keep anyone out, even though they would completely stop the fun of building.
C wouldn't stop the fun. Vines are cool to build with, or at least I think so.

A

alexhoff1

Awsum, the only reason they would "stop the fun" as I put it, would be because they would have to be 2 thick walls, a vine layer, regioned, and the door would have to be solid blocks.

wouldnt be fun to build a 2 thick wall w/ no real building stuff there.

awsumguy75321

Obsidian
Awsum, the only reason they would "stop the fun" as I put it, would be because they would have to be 2 thick walls, a vine layer, regioned, and the door would have to be solid blocks.

wouldnt be fun to build a 2 thick wall w/ no real building stuff there.
Oh. I thought you just meant covering your walls with vines.

Nicolaos

Legacy Supporter 7
Also Alex option B would not work since there are ways to get into something like that with pearls

macura

Diamond
It was controversial to enderpearl through a less than 1x1 block hole, not 1x1 holes. (on DG)

Licksterboy

Legacy Supporter 3
I am in full support of this notion. I'm really getting tired of recalling to my house to be greeted by several raiders. This is ruining the fun for many players and there really is no other way to stop it other than making them unusable. Since wizards already have another teleportation skill, blink, like others have said, a lot could be done to this skill as a result of executing ender pearls.

As leftovers said, this also being us to the question about chaos orb. I've seen pyros pass right through stone brick so it can and is used for the same reasons as ender pearls. Surely this skill can be edited to prevent this, maybe?

Edit: Listen to this, I recieved word that ninjas can backflip through doors and dragoons can Jump through them. I witnesses a ninja backflip through my door, can anyone else confirm this?

lioIIoil

Legacy Supporter 7
I like the idea to make Enderpearls only be able to go through 1x1 holes and make blink be able to go through 1x1 holes. I don't understand how it is illegal to Plague Bomb through iron bars but it is legal to Enderpeal through solid blocks.

awsumguy75321

Obsidian
I like the idea to make Enderpearls only be able to go through 1x1 holes and make blink be able to go through 1x1 holes. I don't understand how it is illegal to Plague Bomb through iron bars but it is legal to Enderpeal through solid blocks.
Sadly, the enderpearls going through blocks can't be fixed, as it is a vanilla mc bug.

STDs4YouAnd4Me

Legacy Supporter 8
Disable enderpearl use. Not sure why this is even up for debate. It's not as if the server is split on whether enderpearling through LWC doors is a dick move or not. Everyone agrees it is, everyone. As long as blink can get wizards through 1x1s, then enderpearling becoming disabled won't hurt the class very much at all. It's not as if they needed the ability to essentially have a 50 block jump.

leftovers5

Legacy Supporter 8
Disable enderpearl use. Not sure why this is even up for debate. It's not as if the server is split on whether enderpearling through LWC doors is a dick move or not. Everyone agrees it is, everyone. As long as blink can get wizards through 1x1s, then enderpearling becoming disabled won't hurt the class very much at all. It's not as if they needed the ability to essentially have a 50 block jump.
My sentiments exactly. ^^

Delfofthebla

Legacy Supporter 4
Retired Staff
This thread is dumb. I'm sorry, but disabling ender pearls is a terrible solution.

Up until about a week or two ago, there was no issue. Why? Because it was illegal to use enderpearls in this fashion. All the admins have to do is make an anouncement stating that using ender pearls to pass through blocks is illegal once again and BAM, the server stops doing it.

I have probably ender pearled through over 100 blocks, be they doors or walls, and stolen more items than you could possibly imagine. Occasionally, I am PE'd. An admin comes and asks me "How'd you do it" and I say "I ender pearled." Sometimes I'm asked to show them, most of the time I'm not.

It's at the point to where you could use hacks to enter buildings, and all you'd have to say is "I ender pearled" and they would believe you. This is because they understand the power of ender pearls. But if it was illegal, what would happen?

A person would pe the "breach" and then the supposed intruder would be forced to explain how he got in. If he cannot show the admin / mod exactly how he breached the building, he clearly used some illegitimate methods.

This is how the server has been run up until this point, I don't see why it's suddenly an issue.

I like ender pearls. I like using them in combat, I like using them to breach towns and plots. They don't have to be used to exploit in order to be useful. They have several uses, even without passing through lwc doors and solid blocks. I want to keep those abilities.

Yes, something needs to be done about Ender Pearling, but the entire feature does not need to be removed--that is ridiculous.

FuzLogix

Legacy Supporter 7
This thread is dumb. I'm sorry, but disabling ender pearls is a terrible solution.

Up until about a week or two ago, there was no issue. Why? Because it was illegal to use enderpearls in this fashion. All the admins have to do is make an anouncement stating that using ender pearls to pass through blocks is illegal once again and BAM, the server stops doing it.

I have probably ender pearled through over 100 blocks / doors, and stolen more stuff than I could possibly imagine. Often, I am PE'd. An admin comes and asks me "How'd you do it" and I say "I ender pearled." Sometimes I'm asked to show them, most of the time I'm not.

It's at the point to where you could use hacks to enter buildings, and all you'd have to say is "I ender pearled" and they would believe you. This is because they understand the power of ender pearls. But if it was illegal, what would happen?

A person would pe the "breach" and then the supposed intruder would be forced to explain how he got in. If he cannot show the admin / mod exactly how he breached the building, he clearly used some illegitimate methods.

This is how the server has been run up until this point, I don't see why it's suddenly an issue.

I like ender pearls. I like using them in combat, I like using them to breach towns and plots. They don't have to be used to exploit in order to be useful. They have several uses, even without passing through lwc doors and solid blocks. I want to keep those abilities.

Yes, something needs to be done about Ender Pearling, but the entire feature does not need to be removed--that is ridiculous.

I agree with most of what you said and you have valid points, but I think the purpose of this thread is more about the problem with people using it to teleport through walls. All other uses seem fair enough and it would be a shame to disable them entirely, however as has previously been mentioned - its a MC problem and not HC.

So yeah your solution is the most logical - simply ban the use of using them to teleport through walls!

With the recent increase in mods, surely they will be able to cope with the extra PE's? At least until things settle.

leftovers5

Legacy Supporter 8

I have probably ender pearled through over 100 blocks, be they doors or walls, and stolen more items than you could possibly imagine. Occasionally, I am PE'd. An admin comes and asks me "How'd you do it" and I say "I ender pearled." Sometimes I'm asked to show them, most of the time I'm not.

Did you read my suggestion about improving blink..? It was just about the only thing I highlighted in the main post... ;)

Delfofthebla

Legacy Supporter 4
Retired Staff
Did you read my suggestion about improving blink..? It was just about the only thing I highlighted in the main post... ;)
Yes, I did, and I'm saying that that is unnecessary. Blink is fine how it is, and Ender Pearling is a nice compliment to blink. Even if you "improve" blink to work similarly to Ender Pearls, it won't be the same, and it's also effectively removing one of the Wizards skills.

This also places the Pyromancer in the gutter, because they lose both chaos orb as well as Ender Pearls. They now have very low damage and 0 mobility. Who knows how long it would take for Kainzo to create equal level abilities? Not to mention, we don't know if it's even possible to code blink to work in the way you described. You don't need to disable ender pearls--It's so much easier (and smarter) to take the other road, which is just making the use of them illegal when they are used in exploity ways.

c12095

Holy Shit!
I'm trying to find a way to remove enderpearls without ruining ChaosOrb / other things. I dont think there is a way to do it...

Thinking it may be easier just to completely remove enderpearling.

Why are we not just making this illegal? It was perfectly fine before everyone was told it was legal. All it takes is staff asking how a player got inside a room to figure out if they used this exploit or not. There has been no need to take weeks discussing this matter when it's plain as day what the community wants done.

Delfofthebla

Legacy Supporter 4
Retired Staff
Why are we not just making this illegal? It was perfectly fine before everyone was told it was legal. All it takes is staff asking how a player got inside a room to figure out if they used this exploit or not. There has been no need to take weeks discussing this matter when it's plain as day what the community wants done.
This is what I've been saying since the first thread was made. I don't understand why staff is against doing this.