• Guest, HEROCRAFT PUBLIC RELEASE IS HAPPENING AN HOUR EARLIER! TONIGHT @ 7PM CST GET READY FOR IT! play.hc.to
    Read up on the guides and new systems! Here.
    View the LIVE Map here @ hc.to/map
    Stuck or have a problem? use "/pe create" to to open a ticket with staff (There are some known issues and other hotfixes we will be pushing asap)
  • Guest, Make sure to use our LAUNCHER! Read more here!

Suggestion [Items] Disable Ender Pearls

leftovers5

Legacy Supporter 8
Hello, all! To my understanding, ender pearls have had their restrictions increasingly eased to the extent where it has become a detriment to towns, regions, and spawn plots. Nothing is even near "protected" and the sanctity of people's homes is being violated.

It has become official that it is legal to ender pearl through solid blocks. Whereas, in DragonGuarde it was controversial to even consider ender pearling through a 1x1 hole.

To quote Diffuse:
There are very few circumstances where a skilled enderpearler cannot get through a wall no matter what it is made of. I have witnessed first hand members of a town I hang around with go through roofs, floors, and even 2-3 block thick walls.

These lax rules are fodder for the "Extreme PvP Bloc" of the community. I believe this is unfair and a poor decision to allow this kind of violation to be tolerated.

I expect a lot of hatred against this idea - but I'd be appreciative on receiving the community's opinions on them matter. In response and to compromise - I'd like to offer easing and or improving on the rules and abilities of the skill Blink. The more "abusable" ender pearls can easily be replaced with the more complacent Blink.

I'd like to remind everyone of the extreme controversy the use of ender pearls has caused, and doing this could solve the problem once and for all.

Also related: this makes me question the role of ChaosOrb as well.

Ellron23

Legacy Supporter 3
ChaosOrb - Unlimited enderpearls, tons of damage.
Blink - A travel skill.
Even if the rules were eased, you cannot blink through blocks or 1x1 holes.
My vote, leave everything just how it is.

A

alexhoff1

Hello, all! To my understanding, ender pearls have had their restrictions increasingly eased to the extent where it has become a detriment to towns, regions, and spawn plots. Nothing is even near "protected" and the sanctity of people's homes is being violated.

It has become official that it is legal to ender pearl through solid blocks. Whereas, in DragonGuarde it was controversial to even consider ender pearling through a 1x1 hole.

To quote Diffuse:

These lax rules are fodder for the "Extreme PvP Bloc" of the community. I believe this is unfair and a poor decision to allow this kind of violation to be tolerated.

I expect a lot of hatred against this idea - but I'd be appreciative on receiving the community's opinions on them matter. In response and to compromise - I'd like to offer easing and or improving on the rules and abilities of the skill Blink. The more "abusable" ender pearls can easily be replaced with the more complacent Blink.

I'd like to remind everyone of the extreme controversy the use of ender pearls has caused, and doing this could solve the problem once and for all.

Also related: this makes me question the role of ChaosOrb as well.

This should be illegal, in all honesty.
The only people disagreeing are the abusers, just cuz they don't want to loose this.
just saying.

Aerokii

Legacy Supporter 8
I'm not sure which solid blocks you can port through, but it does indeed bug me that you can go right through things like LWC doors and the like. Sort of defeats the purpose of having them in the first place. 1 by 1 holes is a little trickier, I'm not VERY opposed to that, but going through any solid blocks (fence, glass, like it used to be) seems unfair and, indeed, detrimental.

A

alexhoff1

I'm not sure which solid blocks you can port through, but it does indeed bug me that you can go right through things like LWC doors and the like. Sort of defeats the purpose of having them in the first place. 1 by 1 holes is a little trickier, I'm not VERY opposed to that, but going through any solid blocks (fence, glass, like it used to be) seems unfair and, indeed, detrimental.

all blocks can be pearled through, unless the walls are like 5 thick.

FuzLogix

Legacy Supporter 7
Personally, this whole thing has killed my enjoyment of Herocraft. I won't be active again until this is resolved.

I understand the staff are supposed to be discussing this in private, however I haven't heard anymore since the original thread was locked.

This problem should be addressed as a priority, as so many feel this to be huge problem.

Nicolaos

Legacy Supporter 7
As far as I can tell you can go through almost any thickness of wall with this unless you die of suffocation on the way through. So you could probably go through up to 10 or so thick.

ShadowRavynn

Max Legacy Supporter
This completely defeats the purpose of having a secure home - Its bad enough that you can't build anything without compeltely surrounding yourself in fencing or something so people won't kill you repeatedly, but this even makes that worthless..... I almost wish there was an area where you could build your home that is pvp free.....

Anyways, I am also hoping this is resolved soon.

what777

Max Legacy Supporter
This completely defeats the purpose of having a secure home - Its bad enough that you can't build anything without compeltely surrounding yourself in fencing or something so people won't kill you repeatedly, but this even makes that worthless..... I almost wish there was an area where you could build your home that is pvp free.....

Anyways, I am also hoping this is resolved soon.

Spawn is PVP free and there are plots there.

CanDoBlue

Legacy Supporter 6
Look Guys, This skill is restricted to 1 or 2 classes, not everyone will have this ability nor will everyone switch to a class just for this feature.

Xargun

Legacy Supporter 9
Although I will not stop playing because of this exploit I do find it very unsettling. Enderperling through holes in your wall or doors is one thing. Using it to go completely through solid walls of any thickness is another thing entirely. I don't see how this can be deemed anything other than illegal.

CanDoBlue

Legacy Supporter 6
Ohh Boo Hoo, Many things in Herocraft are "unsettling" to alot of people, it's just how we live & play the game. Just like when the Map wipes, everything resets except supporter status.

Diffuse

Legacy Supporter 4
There are fairly easy ways to make your home enderpearl proof, though they are quite annoying.

northeaster345

Legacy Supporter 8
You can blink through 1x1 holes, but it is considered illegal (not sure why) on the server. Not blocks, and that's the intention.

You can't blink through 1x1 holes anymore since they fixed how blink works, I'm pretty sure.

I use enderpearls in skirmishes when I'm kicked, and would die in the 2 second duration of kick. Note that it takes half a second to a second for the enderpearl to land and get you out of being dead, but also if it hits the other player, you teleport to them, and die faster. Also enderpearls are a useful, albeit expensive way to have a safefall for wizard since blink no longer resets your velocity while falling

Wizard is popular not because it's the best pvp class or even a particularly standout pvp class, but because it's extremely useful, and necessary for getting group raids together. If you eliminate the utility of wizard, (ports, groupteleport), there will be even less of the world pvp people rave on and on about.

I like enderpearls in that they kept people more accountable for building secure bases, but since you can get use them to exploit through solid blocks, I can understand the push to get rid of them. I do believe however that taking away enderpearl use from wizards would need to be balanced with a buff, perhaps to blink.

EDIT: Derp, I also forgot to mention that enderpearls help wizards get to really high places, that would be unreachable with blink, or at least inconvenient