• Guest, HEROCRAFT PUBLIC RELEASE IS HAPPENING AN HOUR EARLIER! TONIGHT @ 7PM CST GET READY FOR IT! play.hc.to
    Read up on the guides and new systems! Here.
    View the LIVE Map here @ hc.to/map
    Stuck or have a problem? use "/pe create" to to open a ticket with staff (There are some known issues and other hotfixes we will be pushing asap)
  • Guest, Make sure to use our LAUNCHER! Read more here!

ALERT Introducing: Relics, Codex and more...

werwew19

Coder
Balance Team
Legacy Supporter 6
You'll have a choice of grinding master lostsoul and paying 250s or just swapping to that class. There's a very good chance we'll be increasing the swap cost when we finalize this relic system, but thats much further down the line.
So this is more geared to lost souls? Well that is pretty cool although I don't necessary agree with the prices raised for class changes since its a pretty often used feature on here since switching classes is a decent reason on what keeps people interested.

Kainzo

The Disposable Hero
Staff member
Founder
Adventure Team
So this is more geared to lost souls? Well that is pretty cool although I don't necessary agree with the prices raised for class changes since its a pretty often used feature on here since switching classes is a decent reason on what keeps people interested.
It's geared for immersion.

yeelowsnow

Legacy Supporter 9
We'll have to cross that threshold when we reach it - I think we may be able to actually have "physical" bags - i've seen it done before.

The FTB server had physical bags that you could carry around. Not sure how practical it would be for regular herocraft since it required a client-side mod.

Jonsoon

Legacy Supporter 8
Don't say that! Kainzo will just make it take longer to level!

SurvivalManZ

ICE ICE ICE!
Soooooo, you speak of these codex of class as if you can only become a Paladin with them. Will this be for any class. Ex. I'm a Paladin, and I get a codex of class for Paladin……. USELESS!!!! RAGE QUIT!!!!!!!

The confusion makes me want to barf, eat my barf, poop it out, then eat it again….

Jonsoon

Legacy Supporter 8
Soooooo, you speak of these codex of class as if you can only become a Paladin with them. Will this be for any class. Ex. I'm a Paladin, and I get a codex of class for Paladin……. USELESS!!!! RAGE QUIT!!!!!!!

The confusion makes me want to barf, eat my barf, poop it out, then eat it again….
There are three examples of relics on the first page, each for a different t class. Every class, professions included, will have relics and a codex.

If you obtain a Paladin relic and are already a Paladin, simply don't use it. Sell it for some extra coin.

Keep in mind there 25 classes that each drop 5 relics to make a codex. That's a lot of items. It would take you a long time to get all relics for a class. They are meant to promote trade between players to obtain the relics you need to make the codex you want.

Kainzo

The Disposable Hero
Staff member
Founder
Adventure Team
Where do we find Relics?
Relics will be found from mob drops, mining, voting, quests and loot crates. Relic II will be much more common than Relic V. There are two types of Relics. Combat and Profession. Combat drop from mobs, detailed list here. Professions drop from ores, much like Souls with varying rarity.

Jasquan

Legacy Supporter 9
Where do we find Relics?
Relics will be found from mob drops, mining, voting, quests and loot crates. Relic II will be much more common than Relic V. There are two types of Relics. Combat and Profession. Combat drop from mobs, detailed list here. Professions drop from ores, much like Souls with varying rarity.
I see that slimes drop Support path relics, so that makes me wonder if it's actually easier to get (persay) since you can fight loads of slimes at once because of their spliiting upon death thing. Will they be even more rare to make up for this, or will they just be the easiest ones to get from slimes? Obviously I haven't played for a long time, do slimes still spawn like crazy in swamps?

EDIT: Or is that why only slimes drop support relics while the other paths have two mobs associated with it?

Dakinara

Legacy Supporter 6
since individual relics 1-5 are basically worthless without a full set, it would seem to me that the rarity of each relic should be equal so that people dont end up with stacks of relic 1-3 that are worth less than dirt (i could always use more dirt) before getting a matching 4-5. Just my opinion on the matter.

Kainzo

The Disposable Hero
Staff member
Founder
Adventure Team
since individual relics 1-5 are basically worthless without a full set, it would seem to me that the rarity of each relic should be equal so that people dont end up with stacks of relic 1-3 that are worth less than dirt (i could always use more dirt) before getting a matching 4-5. Just my opinion on the matter.
Drop rates are still being adjusted. Trying to find a happy medium between them right now

Jasquan

Legacy Supporter 9
I could honestly see it being good having lots of the 1-3 but very few 4-5.
On another note, do you think Codexes or Relics will be awarded at events?

Squid_bot

Legacy Supporter 4
To be honest, ill just spend 250s. This seems like a too complex way of obtaining my path...

Irishman81

Senior Staff
Guide
Architect
Balance Team
Legacy Supporter 7
To be honest, ill just spend 250s. This seems like a too complex way of obtaining my path...
Pretty sure that's why they are considering raising the price, but yeah the money as of now seems more appealing

Jasquan

Legacy Supporter 9
Pretty sure that's why they are considering raising the price, but yeah the money as of now seems more appealing
It certainly would seem like that would happen. Even if it didn't, getting the odd free class-swap isn't bad either, right? Also; bolded for emphasis.
You'll have a choice of grinding master lostsoul and paying 250s or just swapping to that class. There's a very good chance we'll be increasing the swap cost when we finalize this relic system, but thats much further down the line.