• Guest, HEROCRAFT PUBLIC RELEASE IS HAPPENING AN HOUR EARLIER! TONIGHT @ 7PM CST GET READY FOR IT! play.hc.to
    Read up on the guides and new systems! Here.
    View the LIVE Map here @ hc.to/map
    Stuck or have a problem? use "/pe create" to to open a ticket with staff (There are some known issues and other hotfixes we will be pushing asap)
  • Guest, Make sure to use our LAUNCHER! Read more here!

ALERT Introducing: Relics, Codex and more...

Kainzo

The Disposable Hero
Staff member
Founder
Adventure Team
Greetings!
I'd like to take the time to introduce the community to new update coming for some advanced crafting items. This will be one of the first waves of advanced crafting we're introducing to get users familiar with the system while continuing to work out details for the later end stuff. This update will be introducing over 100 items that you can craft, mine, trade and quest (later) for.

What's a Relic?
A relic is an item drop that when combined with the set will provide a Codex of Class, Relics come in various rarities ranging from 1 to 5.
Relic 1 - Common drop from most mobs/mining
Relic 2 - Uncommon drop from most mobs/mining
Relic 3 - Rare drop from mob mobs/mining
Relic 4 - Heroic drop from mobs/mining
Relic 5 - Legendary drop from mobs/mining

Gee, what's a codex?
A codex is a book of power, obtained by crafting relics together of the same class to create a book for a certain class.
When the codex is right-clicked, you will become the class, regardless of previous class.

Where do we find Relics?
Relics will be found from mob drops, mining, voting, quests and loot crates. Relic II will be much more common than Relic V. There are two types of Relics. Combat and Profession. Combat drop from mobs, detailed list here. Professions drop from ores, much like Souls with varying rarity.

Are these items trade-able and limited use?
Yes, each of these items expire after one use and can be traded with your friends!

What other type of items are there?
Portal Keys - teleport you to dungeons, spires and other places - various assortment - must be found or crafted with high cost materials.
Scrolls - magical scrolls imbued with skills. The fully functional version of these will appear much later down the line, but the first Scroll will warp you to spawn and be consumed.
Tokens - various tokens that do things, some will drop, some will only come from store. The boost token will allow for EXP boost to be triggered (only from crates)

When is this coming?
We hope to release this Friday (05/23/14) if all things go as scheduled.

You want pictures? WE GOT PICTURES
5NDHsBd.png

riMpy5B.png

2f3pTN6.png

Last edited:

MunchlaxHero

Max Legacy Supporter
@Xanipher Be a dear and /unban munchlaxhero, so i dont kill myself over all the stuff that is happening, ill slit jupiterromes wrists if u do :D

Cheseit1

Wood
Very interesting. So each relic will function as one piece of the codex, requiring all 5 tiers of rarity to create one? So we'll need books 1 ,2 , 3 etc? Or will each relic serve as a different tier of codex, requiring 5 of the same? Like, for example 5 1's will make a tier 1 codex? I suspect the former, but either way very very cool and interesting additions.

Kainzo

The Disposable Hero
Staff member
Founder
Adventure Team
Very interesting. So each relic will function as one piece of the codex, requiring all 5 tiers of rarity to create one? So we'll need books 1 ,2 , 3 etc? Or will each relic serve as a different tier of codex, requiring 5 of the same? Like, for example 5 1's will make a tier 1 codex? I suspect the former, but either way very very cool and interesting additions.
For paladin, there are 5 relics. Once you collect all 5, you can combine them to form Codex of the Crusader - which turns you into a paladin.

Eldrylars

Legacy Supporter 8
For paladin, there are 5 relics. Once you collect all 5, you can combine them to form Codex of the Crusader - which turns you into a paladin.

I love the idea Kainzo, but honestly it's a bit underwhelming with the current write up. Are you planning on changing it to give it more of a draw later?

Relic 1 - Common drop from most mobs/mining
Relic 2 - Uncommon drop from most mobs/mining
Relic 3 - Rare drop from mob mobs/mining
Relic 4 - Heroic drop from mobs/mining
Relic 5 - Legendary drop from mobs/mining

Extremely rare drops on Relic 4/5 for one of our many wonderful classes, means the completed books will be VERY rare, but in the end this very rare item is worth 200s at most due to it's limited use in comparison to just paying for a class change. I can mine 200s in less then an hour on a average day, which I am sure is a lot less time/work then getting these Relics together to make a Codex.

What about multiple charges usable at any time? What about unlimited charges with a 24h global timer? What about one charge but it gives you 30+ levels of class experience? Something to make it worth more then the 250s class change to make it a sought after item.
Just my two cents on the above write up.

Edit: Maybe Relic 1-3 = Class switch, 1-4 = Class switch with 25 levels of XP 1-5 = Class switch with 40 levels of XP? :D

One again, love the idea. Just feel it's currently very underwhelming :p

Last edited:

Rida_

TNT
Scrolls - magical scrolls imbued with skills. The fully functional version of these will appear much later down the line, but the first Scroll will warp you to spawn and be consumed.
This first sounds like what runestones already do. It's a limited enough class as is, without it being replaced by other portable teleporting objects.

Edit: If it does not require the use of the recall spell, then it's even better than runestones, because you could then recall back quickly. If it does use the recall spell, the they are literally the same.

Kainzo

The Disposable Hero
Staff member
Founder
Adventure Team
This forces a skip of Lostsoul, so there's already a "level" skip implemented. I havent done drop rates - but the "rarity" on the items is to introduce people to the rarity system coming in Adventure.

werwew19

Coder
Balance Team
Legacy Supporter 6
So lets say your a master dragoon and you collect the codex for paladin? Why would all that grinding be better then just paying the souls to switch is there a benefit to using the codex instead like keeping your levels?

Basically similar to what EldryLars said but this is the most curious question I have

Jonsoon

Legacy Supporter 8
So lets say your a master dragoon and you collect the codex for paladin? Why would all that grinding be better then just paying the souls to switch is there a benefit to using the codex instead like keeping your levels?

Basically similar to what EldryLars said but this is the most curious question I have
I don't believe you will become a master Paladin in that case, you would become either level 1, or whatever level of Paladin you were in the past.

Yavool

Legacy Supporter 9
Concern: server-wide inventory issues with 100 added items to manage (even with a backpack).

Curiousity: any chance we can get chest shops created for them (and other enchanting reagents)?

-yav

Ruger392

Obsidian
I hope scrolls doesnt put runestones out of use hehehe pun intended. Also the same for portal keys and gtp

Kainzo

The Disposable Hero
Staff member
Founder
Adventure Team
Concern: server-wide inventory issues with 100 added items to manage (even with a backpack).

Curiousity: any chance we can get chest shops created for them (and other enchanting reagents)?

-yav
1. Unsure what you mean, but it wont cause any issues.
2.Their data-type is already available to be sold for those items.

Kainzo

The Disposable Hero
Staff member
Founder
Adventure Team

You'll have a choice of grinding master lostsoul and paying 250s or just swapping to that class. There's a very good chance we'll be increasing the swap cost when we finalize this relic system, but thats much further down the line.

Last edited:

Trazil

Legacy Supporter 2
You'll have a choice of grinding master lostsoul and paying 250s or just swapping to that class. There's a very good chance we'll be increasing the swap cost when we finalize this relic system, but thats much further down the line.
don't increase the swap cost please :(

Yavool

Legacy Supporter 9
1. Unsure what you mean, but it wont cause any issues.

I come from the MMO Dungeons & Dragons Online, and in that game, an always-concern is inventory space, mainly because there are crafting reagents, collectible items, soul gems, and jewels that fall during world exploration and instance-based dungeons (in addition to treasure). To combat this, Turbine added a favor-based fourth and fifth 20-slot bag to their default three-bag character inventory and created a microtransaction to buy a sixth and seventh (so one character can have up to 140 inventory slots). Additionally, they implemented free tiny (12-slot) ingredient bags, collectible bags, soul bags, and jewel bags, and created microtransactions (and loot/quest drops) for larger ones that hold up to 500 stacked items.

The concern I was talking about revolves around the amount of inventory muddling that endeavors like mob killing and mining already cause, and if additional items such as relics are added, I could see it increasing an already the crunch on an already tight inventory space, and I was wondering if you had considered coding/adding relic bags to the game, creating/implementing a double-the-default inventory plugin, and/or adding to the store an even larger backpack.

Thanks,

-yav

Kainzo

The Disposable Hero
Staff member
Founder
Adventure Team
I come from the MMO Dungeons & Dragons Online, and in that game, an always-concern is inventory space, mainly because there are crafting reagents, collectible items, soul gems, and jewels that fall during world exploration and instance-based dungeons (in addition to treasure). To combat this, Turbine added a favor-based fourth and fifth 20-slot bag to their default three-bag character inventory and created a microtransaction to buy a sixth and seventh (so one character can have up to 140 inventory slots). Additionally, they implemented free tiny (12-slot) ingredient bags, collectible bags, soul bags, and jewel bags, and created microtransactions (and loot/quest drops) for larger ones that hold up to 500 stacked items.

The concern I was talking about revolves around the amount of inventory muddling that endeavors like mob killing and mining already cause, and if additional items such as relics are added, I could see it increasing an already the crunch on an already tight inventory space, and I was wondering if you had considered coding/adding relic bags to the game, creating/implementing a double-the-default inventory plugin, and/or adding to the store an even larger backpack.

Thanks,

-yav
We'll have to cross that threshold when we reach it - I think we may be able to actually have "physical" bags - i've seen it done before.