• Guest, we are doing a new map (refresh) for Herocraft. Gather your friends and get ready! Coming next Friday, 06/28/24 @ 7PM CT play.hc.to
    Read up on the guides and new systems! Here.
    View the LIVE Map here @ hc.to/map
    Stuck or have a problem? use "/pe create" to to open a ticket with staff (There are some known issues and other hotfixes we will be pushing asap)
  • Guest, Make sure to use our LAUNCHER! Read more here!

Suggestion Impenetrable Towns

Y

ytiggidmas

Umbra is still a work in progress, we plan on seeing a lot of changes done and have already begun some of them.
We know you guys absolutely love calling it a box, but it has been approved. However for the sake of the community's anger of being unable to walk/exploit into our base at any given point(because this is what it's actually about), we will change our base to look more appropriate while still managing/or increasing our defense's.

Diffuse

Legacy Supporter 4
I think impenetrable towns are fine as they create a lot of work to achieve. I have no problem with the towns being impenetrable so long as they aren't uglying up the server. The only problem with this is that I don't think I've seen a town set up as a town with walls that has made a roof look particularly nice. The other problem I have with roofs is that they make towns look more like massive buildings than actual towns. The reason I love malkier and I used to love gravkoc so much was that their design was actually that of a real town rather than that of a large structure everyone lives in.

Seriously though, I think people need to lay off umbra for their building. Last map there were towns like 20x as ugly as umbra that didn't get complained about as much.

MajorasMask

Ungodly
'Tis the reason I don't play anymore. :(

I shall list you the following ''Impenetrable'' towns you can blame:

- Verstad (UC)
- Braavos (UC)
- Silverforge (UC)
- Camelot (Castle, UC)
- Thornhollow (Castle, UC)
- Gravkoc (Castle, UC)
- Paragon (UC)
- Newerth (UC)
- Belegost (All of it, I guess)

...just to name a few.

My point? All towns will have some form of impenetrable structure. Get over it. Don't expect instant-loot in raiding. You either wait outside (without acting all ''HEY HERE I AM'' like most raiders these days), or you find a way in.

Unless you quit because towns were ugly, in which case, why? :confused:

Bingy1218

Legacy Supporter 4
Tbh i agree with diffuse on the use of roof's unless part of the architecture then it is unnecessary like a 1layer glass roof. If you can make it part of the architecture in some way then i don't care (imo).

I_Love_Miners

Legacy Supporter 5
Some guys think they're entitled to pvp. You're not. Until tnt works properly, youre just gonna have to........

obama-deal-throw.gif

MajorasMask

Ungodly
Newerth, Verstad, Camelot and silverforge are that easy to raid, if you can't get in there is a problem :p
MajorasMask

Newerth has an undercity 100% blocked off to non-citizens. Verstad has an undercity 100% blocked off to non-citizens. Camelot..... get the idea? These towns still have impenetrable structures.

Favith

Legacy Supporter 7
Newerth has an undercity 100% blocked off to non-citizens. Verstad has an undercity 100% blocked off to non-citizens. Camelot..... get the idea? These towns still have impenetrable structures.

My house in the middle of Malkier--as wide open as it is--is by definition "impenetrable" to non-citizens by virtue of the town region perms. You can't get in my LWC door and you can't break in the walls--therefore it's "impenetrable" to you. Not quite the same as a domed city. Neither is an Undercity.

As soon as devs get TNT working properly this entire thread becomes a non-issue for most cities--your dome won't save you, neither will your undercity.

The exception will be the floating cities. TNT won't get you into them and if it's smartly built you can't pillar into them either. In fact, since a certain city is clearly allowed in its current floating state (lol at the meager "supports" it has) I've decided that next map I'm joining whichever town is planning to be a floating platform in the sky. Talk about builder heaven!

Hopefully the TNT issue is being pushed so the raider angst can be satiated. In the meantime, Kainzo announced recently that ranked arena is almost here and Bearcat was in-game earlier today (or yesterday, don't remember) saying that the Black Market is almost done. There ya go, pvpers---two new avenues coming your way to kill people. Be happy and leave the townies in peace for a change? ;)

Kwong050

Holy Shit!
you can get in the towns but not the undercities therefore they are still penetrable

judgedread540

Legacy Supporter 3
Most towns aren't 100% impenetrable, if you either look hard enough or even just use one of the several skills that are available to you such as enderpearl, blink, jump, GPT, quantum leap (Plague Bomb + Quantum Leap the sheep works), super jump, chaos orb (when it's fixed), teleport (sometimes), backflip, smoke, fade, camo. There are so many skills you can use to get inside a town cannot be protected against all of them. Even BG I know a way to get inside using enderpearls.

You cannot expect people to not value their safety and hard work, they want to feel safe in their homes.

Haxnn

Legacy Supporter 3
Belegost may be impenetrable, however it still fits the theme of the town. We are dwarves, so we live in mountains. Our "Roof" looks completely natural (because it is, we dug in a mountain :p).

LightningCape

Holy Shit!
My house in the middle of Malkier--as wide open as it is--is by definition "impenetrable" to non-citizens by virtue of the town region perms. You can't get in my LWC door and you can't break in the walls--therefore it's "impenetrable" to you. Not quite the same as a domed city. Neither is an Undercity.

As soon as devs get TNT working properly this entire thread becomes a non-issue for most cities--your dome won't save you, neither will your undercity.

The exception will be the floating cities. TNT won't get you into them and if it's smartly built you can't pillar into them either. In fact, since a certain city is clearly allowed in its current floating state (lol at the meager "supports" it has) I've decided that next map I'm joining whichever town is planning to be a floating platform in the sky. Talk about builder heaven!

Hopefully the TNT issue is being pushed so the raider angst can be satiated. In the meantime, Kainzo announced recently that ranked arena is almost here and Bearcat was in-game earlier today (or yesterday, don't remember) saying that the Black Market is almost done. There ya go, pvpers---two new avenues coming your way to kill people. Be happy and leave the townies in peace for a change? ;)
Exactly. Though I can already predict the next thread after tnt starts working "Nerf tnt proof towns"....watch how it happens. :p

Dielan9999

Legacy Supporter 5
Diffuse is right. Umbra is nothing compared to the embarrassment that was the entire last map. There were only a handful of towns that weren't big buildings, some were prettier than others but they were just a single large building.

However, I think they deserve to be pressured so that others do not do the same as they have.

As for what MajorasMask was saying, every town needs impenetrable parts somewhere, or else it's a pretty shitty town. If the only thing between raiders and you is the doors and walls of your very home, you will get exploited on, or just pulsed to death by casters. Unless you live in a tall home, but still claustrophobic compared to the upper city/under city model.

jazza411

Legacy Supporter 3
Diffuse is right. Umbra is nothing compared to the embarrassment that was the entire last map. There were only a handful of towns that weren't big buildings, some were prettier than others but they were just a single large building.

However, I think they deserve to be pressured so that others do not do the same as they have.

As for what MajorasMask was saying, every town needs impenetrable parts somewhere, or else it's a pretty shitty town. If the only thing between raiders and you is the doors and walls of your very home, you will get exploited on, or just pulsed to death by casters. Unless you live in a tall home, but still claustrophobic compared to the upper city/under city model.
Nevermore last map ;) but honestly last map may have been a disgrace, but I thought the hc communities standards where higher than that.