• Guest, we are doing a new map (refresh) for Herocraft. Gather your friends and get ready! Coming next Friday, 06/28/24 @ 7PM CT play.hc.to
    Read up on the guides and new systems! Here.
    View the LIVE Map here @ hc.to/map
    Stuck or have a problem? use "/pe create" to to open a ticket with staff (There are some known issues and other hotfixes we will be pushing asap)
  • Guest, Make sure to use our LAUNCHER! Read more here!

Suggestion Impenetrable Towns

w0nd3rb0y

Legacy Supporter 5
I am not sure if this is the right place for this, but at the start of the map I remember reading something about glass domes being illegal. Does this go for other block materials as well? Meaning, was this rule set in place to prevent impenetrable towns. What about box-ception (a box within a box within a box) style towns? There is one town in particular I am referring to, and I am sure many of you know which town that is.

My main purpose for this tread was to ask if making you town impenetrable was legal. A lot of towns have adopted the outer wall style town and I think that is a great start. At least we can get inside and try to kill people hiding in they're plots.

Please clarify the town building expectations. Thanks.

Jonsoon

Legacy Supporter 8
The rule as I know it says that you cannot have massive ugly or boxy walls or spheres. From my understanding it is aimed to force towns to be creative with their designs.

MajorasMask

Ungodly
Ok if that is the case, this same town is still pushing the line of acceptable.

What town is this? As far as I know, you can make a box-like structure provided that it doesn't consume the whole region space. You're allowed a centre structure which is impenetrable, on the grounds that it isn't all batshit crazy.

Bingy1218

Legacy Supporter 4
Ok well since on the lines of this I want to add paragon to the list apparently it looks somewhat good on the inside however it is just many massive towers about 70blocks high made of sand dirt and cobble with a roof on. If anything this has to be illegal if box like towns are illegal

MajorasMask

Ungodly
Ok well since on the lines of this I want to add paragon to the list apparently it looks somewhat good on the inside however it is just many massive towers about 70blocks high made of sand dirt and cobble with a roof on. If anything this has to be illegal if box like towns are illegal

Paragon isn't even finished yet.... O_O

MajorasMask

Ungodly
Even so it is a giant "box"

So why don't we call Newerth, Skyforge, Thornhollow or Eclipse a ''box''. They all have impenetrable structures which disable people from entering their town. They are all, literally, just boxes. Sure, they all LOOK different, with fancy patterns and all, but at the end of the day, they're still impenetrable.

jazza411

Legacy Supporter 3
Umbra is practically a huge square with two poles sticking out of it with a lwc door to open the front door and even if they are stupid enough to open the lwc door and get killed (I have done it, it does happen ;)) there is a box receptionist with dirt blocking off the town. It is a annoying town and is breaking down what has made raiding fun this map, a possibility to get in with Umbra it is just waiting out the front while they try to lure you into there trap ._.

jazza411

Legacy Supporter 3
So why don't we call Newerth, Skyforge, Thornhollow or Eclipse a ''box''. They all have impenetrable structures which disable people from entering their town. They are all, literally, just boxes. Sure, they all LOOK different, with fancy patterns and all, but at the end of the day, they're still impenetrable.
You can build a stair case into newerth and than jump down, when I was a dragoon you could just use the basic jump to get in ._. With skyforge the upper cities corners are unregioned meaning it is a easy pillar and walk on.

Bingy1218

Legacy Supporter 4
These towns have some look to them paragon is just large towers with roofs from what I can see and those towns show some kind of architecture and also nothing is impenetrable sounds like what oblivion said last map :p

STDs4YouAnd4Me

Legacy Supporter 8
And the Umbra hate continues... We've had multiple higher staff members confirm to us that our town is acceptable. They don't want ugly structures on the map, and it seems like our town passed the test. Wonderboy, I am sorry that you don't like the fact that you spend the majority of your time outside of our region and not in it (shouting homophobic slurs, might I add) but it's just going to be something you're going to have to deal with (much like me learning to deal with your homophobic slurs).

jazza411

Legacy Supporter 3
And the Umbra hate continues... We've had multiple higher staff members confirm to us that our town is acceptable. They don't want ugly structures on the map, and it seems like our town passed the test. Wonderboy, I am sorry that you don't like the fact that you spend the majority of your time outside of our region and not in it (shouting homophobic slurs, might I add) but it's just going to be something you're going to have to deal with (much like me learning to deal with your homophobic slurs).
I don't really care how your town looks it isn't my problem, but your town design takes away the fun of herocraft because in my opinion nothing is fun without a risk.

leftovers5

Legacy Supporter 8
Verstad: The ultimate in impenetrable towns.

*Goes to clean up the million dirt/cobble/wood pillars and stairways adorning the walls*

I_Love_Miners

Legacy Supporter 5
It's not like our town members stay inside the town all the time. Wonderbuck makes it seem like he or the rest of his buddies have never killed us, which couldn't be further from the truth. We just also happen to feel that if we don't feel like fighting, we should be afforded the chance to stay inside and not be killed rather than log out until you leave. Our roof was approved and I'm terribly sorry that our lwc door doesn't give wizards the chance to exploit their way into our walls and group tp 50 people in. That being said, our town has had massive failures of security on multiple occasions so I think your beef is invalid.

STDs4YouAnd4Me

Legacy Supporter 8
That being said, our town has had massive failures of security on multiple occasions so I think your beef is invalid.

Just yesterday one of our town members stupidly opened our LWC door to 'taunt' 2 people infront of our town. His idiotic decision led to superfunhappytimes for a few raiders because of this. We've probably had everyone on the server INSIDE our town because of human (cough cough) error.

Orangedude345

Legacy Supporter 3
These towns have some look to them paragon is just large towers with roofs from what I can see and those towns show some kind of architecture and also nothing is impenetrable sounds like what oblivion said last map :p
Again, paragon isn't finished. We haven't added any bridges or rivers or anything yet. Also I'd just like to mention that the structures are only there for unique decoration. Like many other towns, most of our houses are underground.

Kainzo

The Disposable Hero
Staff member
Founder
Adventure Team
No massive cube/boxy towns.
Roofs and other things tastefully done are completely legal.

The purpose of a town is to give defense, but if its at the cost of cosmetics or just plain out ugly, staff will remove it.