• Guest, HEROCRAFT PUBLIC RELEASE IS HAPPENING AN HOUR EARLIER! TONIGHT @ 7PM CST GET READY FOR IT! play.hc.to
    Read up on the guides and new systems! Here.
    View the LIVE Map here @ hc.to/map
    Stuck or have a problem? use "/pe create" to to open a ticket with staff (There are some known issues and other hotfixes we will be pushing asap)
  • Guest, Make sure to use our LAUNCHER! Read more here!

ignore

Keffalump

Soulsand
sounds like it would work good in theory, not sure if it would work alongside with "heroes".

Wowpatrick

Legacy Supporter 7
I personally think that this mod would be over-complicating the server. I took me ages to truly understand all aspects of the server, and I consider myself competent. Adding this would be cool in theory, and might attract some attention from an advertising and business standpoint, but will confuse the shit out of the majority of the slightly-less-than-competent players of Herocraft. Plus, he's not developing it anymore. Or at least he is waiting until he has a team of programmers to assist him.

draconis99

Holy
Retired Staff
Max Legacy Supporter
Players seem to need quite a bit of motivation to get on lately

ShizzDawgg

Godly
I would like to see some of this "motivation" and/or would like some for myself. o.o.
I must say however, that the mod does look pretty cool.

Bacon_nator

Stone
Y
Once the mod API is released we will be limited only by our imagination. I would imagine the API would make it much easier to integrate mods into Spout. Perhaps not though.

@Kainzo - Any plans on moving us to a 100% spout server?
You do realize once Mod API comes out there will be no need for spout as anything you can do in Single player in terms of game manipulation you will now be able to do one servers with a simple click and drag after some coding to make the mod of course.

Kainzo

The Disposable Hero
Staff member
Founder
Adventure Team
Y
You do realize once Mod API comes out there will be no need for spout as anything you can do in Single player in terms of game manipulation you will now be able to do one servers with a simple click and drag after some coding to make the mod of course.
We won't be using the Mod API - it is utter crap. We're moving to SpoutServer.
There's no such thing as "click and drag" coding. It will be painful, it will hinder developers even further than Bukkit has.
hmm... wonder if with enough "motivation" I could get this to work with spout for us... @Kainzo how accepting are you to the mod?

After we make the final move to our custom client / spout client requirement - maybe.

macura

Diamond
Warrior classes and especially pallys cough cough draconis cough cough would get a massive buff from this (if the damages of the new weps arn't changed and it also depends on who gets to use a shield). My only problem with this is that melee classes are the only ones that benefit from this.

Kwong050

Holy Shit!
We won't be using the Mod API - it is utter crap. We're moving to SpoutServer.
There's no such thing as "click and drag" coding. It will be painful, it will hinder developers even further than Bukkit has.

After we make the final move to our custom client / spout client requirement - maybe.
what is so bad about the mod API?

jbird112233

Legacy Supporter 7
Warrior classes and especially pallys cough cough draconis cough cough would get a massive buff from this (if the damages of the new weps arn't changed and it also depends on who gets to use a shield). My only problem with this is that melee classes are the only ones that benefit from this.
Well rangers get battle axes and quivers but casters don't get much... It would be cool if the mages could get staffs.

jbird112233

Legacy Supporter 7
A staff can inhance your auto attack and it shoots fireballs with a better animation. (with cool down mana cost and all)