• Guest, HEROCRAFT PUBLIC RELEASE IS HAPPENING AN HOUR EARLIER! TONIGHT @ 7PM CST GET READY FOR IT! play.hc.to
    Read up on the guides and new systems! Here.
    View the LIVE Map here @ hc.to/map
    Stuck or have a problem? use "/pe create" to to open a ticket with staff (There are some known issues and other hotfixes we will be pushing asap)
  • Guest, Make sure to use our LAUNCHER! Read more here!

ignore

Kainzo

The Disposable Hero
Staff member
Founder
Adventure Team
Once the mod API is released we will be limited only by our imagination. I would imagine the API would make it much easier to integrate mods into Spout. Perhaps not though.

@Kainzo - Any plans on moving us to a 100% spout server?
Yes, we will be moving to 100% spout server sometime in the future. Notice, Spout server IS NOT THE SAME AS MINECRAFT SERVER/BUKKIT.

It is completely recoded - FASTER, better in every way.

whitemagehealu

Legacy Supporter 7
That's gonna put a damper on the activity of the server as shown by the recent need of spout temporarily. :/

Disagree all you want but it's obvious it would bring the server population down... People didn't want to use Spout temporarily they won't want to have to use it indefinitely. lol

Starkillah

Legacy Supporter 2
It'd be nice, but he's right , people are stubborn as hell and no matter the benefits you get from using Spout it will most likely the bring average population of the server down considerably.

BulkPhase

Obsidian
Yes, we will be moving to 100% spout server sometime in the future. Notice, Spout server IS NOT THE SAME AS MINECRAFT SERVER/BUKKIT.

I hope future means when Spout becomes more user friendly and allows more customization of graphics, etc. That way people don't freeze constantly, crash, get bad frames, run out of memory, you catch the drift.

Kainzo

The Disposable Hero
Staff member
Founder
Adventure Team
That's gonna put a damper on the activity of the server as shown by the recent need of spout temporarily. :/

Disagree all you want but it's obvious it would bring the server population down... People didn't want to use Spout temporarily they won't want to have to use it indefinitely. lol

I hope future means when Spout becomes more user friendly and allows more customization of graphics, etc. That way people don't freeze constantly, crash, get bad frames, run out of memory, you catch the drift.
It'd be nice, but he's right , people are stubborn as hell and no matter the benefits you get from using Spout it will most likely the bring average population of the server down considerably.

Did you not read my post?
The spout SERVER is a completely different project. It wont be bound by Minecraft code.

Jinder745

Obsidian

The think is a majority of Mac`s cant run spout so its not better in every way.

donaldmax1

Soulsand
Kainzo do you get that %50 of herocraft can't run spout or run with so much lag it's not fun to play ?

Jinder745

Obsidian
Your numbers are highly skewed and non-factual. Nice attempt at making your own opinion / wants appear more valid though.
Its kinda of true tho when it was spout only I noticed we lost 30-40 active members within that week

Kainzo

The Disposable Hero
Staff member
Founder
Adventure Team
Its kinda of true tho when it was spout only I noticed we lost 30-40 active members within that week
DNS issues all around, you can't single out one variable and ignore the rest and say its fact.

It doesn't matter to me either way - I am the community leader and I will drag this community, if necessary, kicking and screaming to new updates. We have a vision and it will be met, no matter the obstacles. New items / new mobs / new armor / boss style mobs / new content - the only solution is Spoutcraft / Spoutserver.

Change is a scary thing. There's a reason why I haven't completely enabled Spoutcraft requirement, bitching about it won't make it any better for you or anyone else.

jbird112233

Legacy Supporter 7
An all spout server would make heros 10x better. Also by the time we have 100% spout spout should be updated to work on more computers.