• Guest, HEROCRAFT PUBLIC RELEASE IS HAPPENING AN HOUR EARLIER! TONIGHT @ 7PM CST GET READY FOR IT! play.hc.to
    Read up on the guides and new systems! Here.
    View the LIVE Map here @ hc.to/map
    Stuck or have a problem? use "/pe create" to to open a ticket with staff (There are some known issues and other hotfixes we will be pushing asap)
  • Guest, Make sure to use our LAUNCHER! Read more here!

Suggestion Ideas to Prevent Map Decay

Algsa777

TNT
I remember the Kainzo was asking for suggestions to prevent map decay and having to release another map. so here are some suggestions:
1. Regurally reload Warshard every 2 to 3 Weeks to promote GLed players to get WLed and allow for more ores to appear.
2.Implement 7 new small mining world. Each world would go off a different day of the weak to reload so players should have 6 other small miner worlds to work with in collecting supplies.
3. New skills for profession: (Longest suggestion)
TransmuteOre: To make transmuting more smooth have it like this. 4 charcoal =1 Coal, 4 Coal = 1 Emerald, 4 Emeralds = 1 Gold, 4 Golds = 1 Diamond, and another set would be 4 Coal = 8 Lapis, 32 Lapis = 1 Emerald, 4 Emeralds = 1 Glowstone Block. Also have it so you can go in reverse instead of just scaling up.
Stone Compresser: (Miner) 64 Stone = 1 Iron ore, 4 stacks of Stone = 1 Gold Ore, and 16 Stacks of Stone = 1 Diamond Ore.
Decompresser: (Miner) Basically the oppisite the Stone Compresser.
SeedBank: (Farmer) Spawns 1 Seed, Melon Seed, Pumpkin Seed, Carrot Seed, and Potato Seed.
LumberBank: (Scribe) Spawns 1 sugarcane, and 1 of every sapling.
StockUp: (Merchant) Spawns 1 Ocelot Egg, Wolf Egg, and Villager Egg.
(Plz note all the spawning skills should have really long CD and maybe some decent Regent)

Sidenote: Also what would be nice for combat class grinding would be a special world which should have:
100,000% Stronghold 10,000% Dugneons
1,000% Abandoned mines 500% Ravines
150% dmg dealth by mobs 200% Loot from mobs
This is make for some ineresting high Lv PvP specially you hid some man-made dugneons with super mobs.

Dsawemd

Legacy Supporter 8
Transmute ore will never have a recipe that makes 4 gold from one diamond, unless I misunderstand your
Also have it so you can go in reverse instead of just scaling up.

I think the idea of world decay can be partially countered by super long CDs on spawn skills for things like villagers, but more important is stricter building and mining codes, along with regular warshard or mining world reloads.

Algsa777

TNT
Transmute ore will never have a recipe that makes 4 gold from one diamond, unless I misunderstand your

I think the idea of world decay can be partially countered by super long CDs on spawn skills for things like villagers, but more important is stricter building and mining codes, along with regular warshard or mining world reloads.
Yeah these were alot of ideas I thought of.
Also on the gold the value of gold is a bit different but i can always mess around with values to make them sound more right.
And finally the super long CDs on the spawning skill would so ppl dont just spam it can get things instantly done.

Roadkill909

ICE ICE ICE!

Building and mining codes are a hassle to enforce. Frequent map wipes cause a flood of resources. The leading cause of map decay is resource gathering. Beaches are stripped of sand, forests cut down, and the underground part of the map becomes an anthill.

New main world maps should be generated without ores. Natural resources in the main world like trees, sand, smooth stone, and tall grass should yield little or nothing at all. This means resource gathering is almost entirely done in worlds that are frequently wiped.

Dazureus

Legacy Supporter 4
Building and mining codes are a hassle to enforce. Frequent map wipes cause a flood of resources. The leading cause of map decay is resource gathering. Beaches are stripped of sand, forests cut down, and the underground part of the map becomes an anthill.

New main world maps should be generated without ores. Natural resources in the main world like trees, sand, smooth stone, and tall grass should yield little or nothing at all. This means resource gathering is almost entirely done in worlds that are frequently wiped.
So to combat that problem, we should make the primary resources of the main world the ones available on the surface? Poor deserts...

Although I do like that you're suggesting something different that is easily within the realm of possibility. It's fresh.

Algsa777

TNT
So to combat that problem, we should make the primary resources of the main world the ones available on the surface? Poor deserts...

Although I do like that you're suggesting something different that is easily within the realm of possibility. It's fresh.
I agree, its kind of annoying since entire deserts are destroyed. So does any1 have any suggestions for the Dungeon World, wouldnt it make for some fun PvEing?

Carbash

Legacy Supporter 6
well on the main map you could make mining zones, which get refreshed, like how prison servers work. Have those scattered about, although that makes for hot spots for pvpers to raid people. Perhaps a new rule in place that requires no building below a certain level. Then a refresh of that level and below, map wide. (if its possible).

Kimsgrim

Legacy Supporter 5
I think mining zones and multiple different worlds(other than the two we have already) would kind of divide people across the map and there would be little pvp or towny actually happening.

I believe by multiple worlds, he meant a few small ones which are used strictly for mining and would be reset regularly. So people wouldn't build there.

Algsa777

TNT
I believe by multiple worlds, he meant a few small ones which are used strictly for mining and would be reset regularly. So people wouldn't build there.
Correct they would probably be 500x500 or something, also you could become "attached" to it since it be reset once a week and therefore only on 6 days a week. Maybe they can change it so they are primarily different biomes or ppl can just prefer going to one since alot of friends/no enemies/no people are there.

Carbash

Legacy Supporter 6
I was thinking as a perk to towns there be a set spawn point for each town in the mining world that you would have to purchase, let the mining world be big, if you arent in a town that owns a spawn point you spawn in a localized area. this would spread people out a bit and not force over mining in a single area. As well as giving towns something big to aim for because of the revenue it would bring in.

Algsa777

TNT
I was thinking as a perk to towns there be a set spawn point for each town in the mining world that you would have to purchase, let the mining world be big, if you arent in a town that owns a spawn point you spawn in a localized area. this would spread people out a bit and not force over mining in a single area. As well as giving towns something big to aim for because of the revenue it would bring in.
but then you have a chance of people getting killed by being stuck in blocks. also it would be kind of unfair to non-town members.

Aburido_burrito

Legacy Supporter 4
Lol these transmute ore recipes suggest a decrease in the worth of the economy plus it's far to "overpowered" , it's fine where it's at.

Algsa777

TNT
Lol these transmute ore recipes suggest a decrease in the worth of the economy plus it's far to "overpowered" , it's fine where it's at.
if you mean the fact that trees can make diamonds and gold, its much harder then you would think. all the trees to must make emerald/iron....

Aburido_burrito

Legacy Supporter 4
You said 4 coal = an emerald and 4 emeralds = gold, so 16 coal = gold... that would make coal .6c per... instead of 4-5c a stack..