• Guest, HEROCRAFT PUBLIC RELEASE IS HAPPENING AN HOUR EARLIER! TONIGHT @ 7PM CST GET READY FOR IT! play.hc.to
    Read up on the guides and new systems! Here.
    View the LIVE Map here @ hc.to/map
    Stuck or have a problem? use "/pe create" to to open a ticket with staff (There are some known issues and other hotfixes we will be pushing asap)
  • Guest, Make sure to use our LAUNCHER! Read more here!

Suggestion I Made A New Arena...

Would You Like This Arena Available In Skirmishes?

• Yes

Votes: 15 57.7%
  • No

Votes: 5 19.2%
  • I've Farted Nicer Arenas

Votes: 6 23.1%

• Total voters

STDs4YouAnd4Me

Legacy Supporter 8
I decided to spend the better part of today building an arena. Although I do enjoy skirmishes, I think a lot of people will agree that there are some maps that are so easily exploitable by certain classes that it's embarressing.

My main goal while building this arena was to try and make sure there isn't 1 class that has a huge advantage over another. Furthermore, there isn't anywhere a Wizard can blink or a Dragoon can jump for them to be safe the entire battle. Finally, there isn't an arena where you can get confused, beguiled, or forcepushed that will result in an instant death.

What I did create, however, was an arena where you'd find it beneficial to toss your opponent in soulsand. A large portion of the bottom layer of the arena is covered in soulsand, so it would be a great way to slow your opponents down without needing a slow skill. There are 3 levels of modest height to the arena as well (not enough fall damage to make a huge impact, but it all adds up in the end). Aside from the soulsand, there is plenty of room to run around on the bottom level, and the 2nd level. The 3rd level is a small area which includes a 3x3 of lava (because you never know when that will come in handy).

I've attached some picture of the arena so I can receive several thumbs up, and a few thumbs down. Kainzo I'm not sure where to go from here if you like the arena, but if you do I can give you the saved world.

2cncchc.jpg

sgomk1.jpg

1gfvo4.jpg

krtyt.jpg

2yl2ur5.jpg

MajorasMask

Ungodly
I like it, although it appears to be an arena that is easily used by dragoons, as if we didn't have those already.. :p

Like, they'd push someone off the edge, fight them, then jump back up.

Then again, why not just fight on the ground only?

I vote ''yes''.

STDs4YouAnd4Me

Legacy Supporter 8
I like it, although it appears to be an arena that is easily used by dragoons, as if we didn't have those already.. :p

Like, they'd push someone off the edge, fight them, then jump back up.

The height difference between the bottom floor and the 3rd floor is only 8 blocks, so most skills are well within reach if a Dragoon were to continue to use that strategy.

MajorasMask

Ungodly
The height difference between the bottom floor and the 3rd floor is only 8 blocks, so most skills are well within reach if a Dragoon were to continue to use that strategy.

True. Just at first glace, it looked like a very easy arena to be used by Dragoons. :p

Scycor

Legacy Supporter 3
I do like the idea of it however, the blocks hurt my eyes and it doesn't really go with the whole "RPG" theme of Herocraft. If you were to switch around some of the blocks into new ones I would enjoy this map 100%. That's just my opinion anyway :cool:.

awsumguy75321

Obsidian
This could easily be exploited by Rangers by shooting people in the soulsand, but dangerous to them for the same reason. I like it.

Kwong050

Holy Shit!
I like how the arena can be used in many ways (bows and casters on soulsand, height difference that will not cause too much fall dmg, etc)

STDs4YouAnd4Me

Legacy Supporter 8
I made some changes to the map.
- The 2nd layer is no longer checkered Soulsand/Ice. It is now Ice/Lapis.
- There is now a small amount of water in the middle of the map incase anyone wants to cool off from a fireball and they happen to be in the area.
- The bottom layer needed a lot of fixing in regards to the massive amount of soulsand. There are now multiple feasible ways to get out of the grips of the soulsand and back onto safe ground with the implimentation of 4 diagonal bridges and a 2 block wide Ice path all around. (Note: You'll notice that some of the ice turned to water, but that won't happen in-game... I hope).

*Schematic coming within the next 30 minutes Kainzo

23rr05v.png

34rdksw.png

Kainzo

The Disposable Hero
Staff member
Founder
Adventure Team
Skim the schematic for me, it needs to be from top left to bottom right and then "saved/copied" while you are standing in the direct center / top point.

From there I can seamlessly paste it in without fear of any extra shit:)

STDs4YouAnd4Me

Legacy Supporter 8
Kainzo Here's the Schematic to the changes I've made. The abundance of soulsand was driving everybody insane so I made a few minor, but important changes.

Attachments

• Hexagon2Point0.rar
    3.9 KB · Views: 3