• Guest, HEROCRAFT PUBLIC RELEASE IS HAPPENING AN HOUR EARLIER! TONIGHT @ 7PM CST GET READY FOR IT! play.hc.to
    Read up on the guides and new systems! Here.
    View the LIVE Map here @ hc.to/map
    Stuck or have a problem? use "/pe create" to to open a ticket with staff (There are some known issues and other hotfixes we will be pushing asap)
  • Guest, Make sure to use our LAUNCHER! Read more here!

Suggestion Hydromancer can walk on water?!

Hai_o3o

TNT
The idea
I'm proposing that Hydromancers can turn the water under them into ice, which will allow them to essentially walk on water. This ability would be called IceAura. (I'm willing to hear new names for the ability, because at the moment this name is less than satisfactory)

How does it work?
The Hydromancer would activate an ability for 70 mana. The ability will last for 12 seconds, with a cool down of 6 seconds, which will allow an infinite loop of the ice platform. The radius of the ice platform would be 4x4. (Increasing by .005 blocks per level) This platform shouldn't be too big, but it should be enough for your friends to run with you on the water. The ice lasts for .07 seconds if you leave the area. The ice is also two blocks thick, as in it doesn't freeze the water all the way down to the bottom, but it does freeze below you two blocks of water.

What would this ability do for Hydromancer's kit?
Gives Hydromancer's a utility ability, which would give people reasons to be Hydromancers.
Reduce nerd poles and ugly one block wide bridges.
Make the no boats rule less painful (although if boats did come back, ice walking would still be convenient)
As an added bonus, if someone is swimming under you and you want to kill them, just walk over their attempted to get air and they'll suffocate.

I hope that this gets added into the Hydromancer's kit, because I believe it is a balanced ability that adds more dimension to the Hydromancer class itself. Not only that, but it would also be a mobility move unique to the class.

Thank you all for reading this suggestion, and once again I hope that it meets the standards of a new ability. Have a nice day! P.S. Feed back is welcome!

Irishman81

Senior Staff
Guide
Architect
Balance Team
Legacy Supporter 7
The idea
I'm proposing that Hydromancers can turn the water under them into ice, which will allow them to essentially walk on water. This ability would be called IceAura. (I'm willing to hear new names for the ability, because at the moment this name is less than satisfactory)

How does it work?
The Hydromancer would activate an ability for 70 mana. The ability will last for 12 seconds, with a cool down of 6 seconds, which will allow an infinite loop of the ice platform. The radius of the ice platform would be 4x4. (Increasing by .005 blocks per level) This platform shouldn't be too big, but it should be enough for your friends to run with you on the water. The ice lasts for .07 seconds if you leave the area. The ice is also two blocks thick, as in it doesn't freeze the water all the way down to the bottom, but it does freeze below you two blocks of water.

Gives Hydromancer's a utility ability, which would give people reasons to be Hydromancers.
Make the no boats rule less painful (although if boats did come back, ice walking would still be convenient)
As an added bonus, if someone is swimming under you and you want to kill them, just walk over their attempted to get air and they'll suffocate.

I hope that this gets added into the Hydromancer's kit, because I believe it is a balanced ability that adds more dimension to the Hydromancer class itself. Not only that, but it would also be a mobility move unique to the class.

Thank you all for reading this suggestion, and once again I hope that it meets the standards of a new ability. Have a nice day! P.S. Feed back is welcome!
There's already an enchantment for this

radicater11

Legacy Supporter 3
I'd like to see some form of movement over water come from somewhere, but I'm not sure this is the way. Perhaps just a straight swim speed bonus would be better, but I'm not really sure.

Yeetrium2

Soulsand
I'd like to see some form of movement over water come from somewhere, but I'm not sure this is the way. Perhaps just a straight swim speed bonus would be better, but I'm not really sure.
We already have depth strider. If walking on water is going to be a thing, it shouldn't mimic an already existing feature.

radicater11

Legacy Supporter 3
We already have depth strider. If walking on water is going to be a thing, it shouldn't mimic an already existing feature.
True, but it would stack on top of depthstrider. Imagine it like the accelerando of the water.

BeasttRecon

Legacy Supporter 4
umm how about just enable boats again u freaking bimbos then we wouldn't even be having this discussion!!!

Dewyn

Retired Staff
Apparently @Irishman81 doesn't remember the glorious days of Conquest, when Hydromancer had FrostPath and Donal singlehandedly managed to freeze the entirety of spawn.

This ability is pointlessly difficult to debug with the current plugin setup (and I have no way to test what things are like on live, as evidenced by the pain in the ass known as Earthwall - which is almost certainly caused by a plugin conflict!), there is already an enchantment for it, and there's a skill planned that will allow the Hydromancer and their party to traverse water more quickly.

Boats are evil, they crash the server.

I really don't understand why we can't just have a plugin that periodically polls world entities and removes inactive ones. They exist for dropped items already, why not boats?

devotedworker

Retired Staff
Max Legacy Supporter
The idea

How does it work?

Apparently @Irishman81 doesn't remember the glorious days of Conquest, when Hydromancer had FrostPath and Donal singlehandedly managed to freeze the entirety of spawn.

This ability is pointlessly difficult to debug with the current plugin setup (and I have no way to test what things are like on live, as evidenced by the pain in the ass known as Earthwall - which is almost certainly caused by a plugin conflict!), there is already an enchantment for it, and there's a skill planned that will allow the Hydromancer and their party to traverse water more quickly.

I really don't understand why we can't just have a plugin that periodically polls world entities and removes inactive ones. They exist for dropped items already, why not boats?
Possibly, depending on the Armor restriction setup, it could be made that only Aquamacers can actually equip the enchantment, therfore removing the need for a plugin ability while using Mojangs "Relatively" ok system for managing this task.

As it is currently not on the Enchantment list, it could be added as a drop or added to the enchantment list as a low "chance".

Normally I would just say have the skill add the enchantment to the boots temporary making it nice and clean without any changes, but so many issues stem from that due to poor Inventory Management plugins ( Death chest in particular ) that Allowing duping, and also having a skill reply to the "Take off" event might be a little more than the current Codebase supports.

BeasttRecon

Legacy Supporter 4
@Kainzo this guy is the hero herocraft deserves and the one it needs right now

LordZelkova

Ashen One...
Legacy Supporter 8
True, but it would stack on top of depthstrider. Imagine it like the accelerando of the water.
If you want accelerando in the water, just get Depth Strider 3 and accelerando. You fly across the water. I used to do it all the time.

Dewyn

Retired Staff
If you want accelerando in the water, just get Depth Strider 3 and accelerando. You fly across the water. I used to do it all the time.

We had a skill for CQ's Mystic (AKA "use feralform, ignore lowered melee damage because your hitbox is that of an ocelot and you are sanic fast") where it would turn into a Guardian and basically gain the ability to swim like one. Did it by checking if the player was at least half submerged in water and forcing them into creative fly mode when they were, it was absolutely insane because you were quite literally flying through the water with speed 4.

The downside was that you couldn't really do anything else in that form besides GuardianBeam, your melee damage was pretty much eliminated and your other skills wouldn't work.

Kainzo

The Disposable Hero
Staff member
Founder
Adventure Team

Boats are enabled....

what777

Max Legacy Supporter
Are boats really enabled? I tried to craft one yesterday as a miner, and couldn't.

devotedworker

Retired Staff
Max Legacy Supporter
We had a skill for CQ's Mystic (AKA "use feralform, ignore lowered melee damage because your hitbox is that of an ocelot and you are sanic fast") where it would turn into a Guardian and basically gain the ability to swim like one. Did it by checking if the player was at least half submerged in water and forcing them into creative fly mode when they were, it was absolutely insane because you were quite literally flying through the water with speed 4.

The downside was that you couldn't really do anything else in that form besides GuardianBeam, your melee damage was pretty much eliminated and your other skills wouldn't work.
That sounds like we would have to modify our Cheat protection to allow people to do that... we don''t like messing with the Cheat protection though ._.

Irishman81

Senior Staff
Guide
Architect
Balance Team
Legacy Supporter 7
That sounds like we would have to modify our Cheat protection to allow people to do that... we don''t like messing with the Cheat protection though ._.
We don't even have chest protection....