• Guest, HEROCRAFT PUBLIC RELEASE IS HAPPENING AN HOUR EARLIER! TONIGHT @ 7PM CST GET READY FOR IT! play.hc.to
    Read up on the guides and new systems! Here.
    View the LIVE Map here @ hc.to/map
    Stuck or have a problem? use "/pe create" to to open a ticket with staff (There are some known issues and other hotfixes we will be pushing asap)
  • Guest, Make sure to use our LAUNCHER! Read more here!

Suggestion How to bring back Tome relevancy and interest

spiralz

Obsidian
So I know Tomes still exist, but I don't know of anyone actually pursuing them. The Legendary classes are probably not too functional skill/balance wise and there seems to be a lack of interest for them. So I propose instead of having Enlightenment be for becoming a Legendary class that is probably unplayable or downright sucks, make Enlightenment unlock mastery to all combat classes. It makes a bit of sense from the perspective of someone seeking Enlightenment, which would bring someone to know all. The player would learn the ways of all combat classes from reaching an Enlightened state. Also, the amount of leveling that one would have to do to get to it would make it far more worth reaching Enlightenment and less like the player wasted a lot of their time grinding in a dungeon for a few classes.

I believe a change like this would boost the purchase/acquisition of Tomes, boost Boosts, potentially boost player activity, and overall boost interest in Tomes and reaching Enlightenment. Access to all the neat new/changed combat classes sounds a lot better than access to one of two classes that are most likely unplayable or in need of extreme rework/rebalancing.

Note: Although an Enlightened player would unlock all combat classes, they should still be required to pay 500c to switch between them (not like they wouldn't accrue more than enough coin from leveling to be able to afford it)

radicater11

Legacy Supporter 3
The system is fine as is, I know of four players currently working towards this goal, and one just has his last class to max. The reason more people aren't going for it is the atrociously tedious leveling, especially with professions. Leveling is the real issue here, and it needs to be addressed soon.

spiralz

Obsidian
The system is fine as is, I know of four players currently working towards this goal, and one just has his last class to max. The reason more people aren't going for it is the atrociously tedious leveling, especially with professions. Leveling is the real issue here, and it needs to be addressed soon.

Players who have become a Legendary class past maps seem to have found them to be disappointing. And I bet you those classes aren't even balanced at this point, so when one or two players decide to become those, who is going to go through all the work to update them just for those couple people? I've seen those Legendary classes the past maps, and they do not appeal to me. Going through all that work and time for a class that isn't worth it is discouraging. If all combat classes were unlocked instead, there would be much more potential playability and it would be appealing to anyone who wants to try all/many the classes but not waste the whole map leveling them and never actually be able to enjoy them.

@Piptendo You've tried those Legendary classes, are they worth the grind?

Irishman81

Senior Staff
Guide
Architect
Balance Team
Legacy Supporter 7
so when one or two players decide to become those, who is going to go through all the work to update them just for those couple people?
@Piptendo You've tried those Legendary classes, are they worth the grind?
Lol
are they worth the grind?
If someone who isn't garbage has access to them, they are very strong. In the past it's usually the pve tryhards so they don't look that good.

spiralz

Obsidian
Lol

If someone who isn't garbage has access to them, they are very strong. In the past it's usually the pve tryhards so they don't look that good.

So you can attest to the Legendary classes being updated and balanced enough to play for these few people who want them?

Ultimately, I'm asking: Which would be more popular for people to want? Having all combat classes or two Legendary classes? Which would most players (old and new) rather grind their asses off for? Personally, having all combat classes sounds much more appealing to me as someone who wants to do a little of everything on the server rather than focus on grinding.

radicater11

Legacy Supporter 3
So you can attest to the Legendary classes being updated and balanced enough to play for these few people who want them?

Ultimately, I'm asking: Which would be more popular for people to want? Having all combat classes or two Legendary classes? Which would most players (old and new) rather grind their asses off for? Personally, having all combat classes sounds much more appealing to me as someone who wants to do a little of everything on the server rather than focus on grinding.
Don't know about Darkmaster, but having 1 grandmaster is like having a cleric and a monk in one, with more utility and damage.