• Guest, HEROCRAFT PUBLIC RELEASE IS HAPPENING AN HOUR EARLIER! TONIGHT @ 7PM CST GET READY FOR IT! play.hc.to
    Read up on the guides and new systems! Here.
    View the LIVE Map here @ hc.to/map
    Stuck or have a problem? use "/pe create" to to open a ticket with staff (There are some known issues and other hotfixes we will be pushing asap)
  • Guest, Make sure to use our LAUNCHER! Read more here!

HeroTEK - The Resurrection.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Didag

Legacy Supporter 7
I haven't had much to do recently so I thought I might as well apply. I don't know if you need more Testers but I thought I'd post just in case.

Time Zone: EST (GMT - 5)
How long have you been playing on HeroCraft: I've been playing HC for about a year.
What is your experience withTekkit mods: I've been playing Tekkit for about 6 months. I really got into it over the summer but I only played single player then. After that I tried a couple of multiplayer servers but nothing really jumped out at me. I know all of the mods fairly well and am looking forward to sharing my knowledge with other Tekkit enthusiasts.
What is your favorite Tekkit mod and why: My personal favourite is IC2. I like how it adds interesting and useful machines to the game without being to overpowered. I tend to stay away from some of the really strong EE items because of how powerful they are. In my opinion Power Flowers and the like are way to strong to be fair and they kind of ruin the game. It's no fun having an infinite amount of every item at your fingertips.
Which Tekkit mod is your 'area of expertise': My 'area of expertise' would have to be IC2. I know how every machine works and the recipes for most of them.
Can you lead a group to finish a project or would you be better with a strong leader: I can lead or follow, depending on the situation.
Reason you should be accepted: I love Tekkit and Herocraft and that's all the reason I think I need :) I play everyday and am willing to help out and learn.
Additional Info: Hope to see you soon ;)

Kainzo

The Disposable Hero
Staff member
Founder
Adventure Team
I just got back from vacation - I like having a "hands off" approach to this - once a spawn / everything is ready - Skaduush, I'll throw you info for the live server and we'll port things.

I really want Designers to change our template so we can have server/status link on the banner so we can list 3 servers ips with players online.

shadrxninga

Coder
I just got back from vacation - I like having a "hands off" approach to this - once a spawn / everything is ready - Skaduush, I'll throw you info for the live server and we'll port things.

I really want Designers to change our template so we can have server/status link on the banner so we can list 3 servers ips with players online.
What banner is this?

Skaduush

Dragon Warrior
Legacy Supporter 9
Sounds good, Kainzo I just restarted the map/server.. I want spawn to start at 0,0 to keep in line with HeroCraft. We need to start building out a Tech themed spawn building. Maybe something floating... Oh, how about a 'Mothership'.. Something similar in concept with HC.. teach the rules, basics, then let them loose on the world...

Need help with design and building, lets get rolling so we can push this out to open production!

EDIT: Here are some concept pictures to get the Spawn ideas flowing...

Terrain_014.jpg

A19790906000d7.jpg

mothership.gif

Mothership.jpg

Kainzo

The Disposable Hero
Staff member
Founder
Adventure Team
Sounds good, Kainzo I just restarted the map/server.. I want spawn to start at 0,0 to keep in line with HeroCraft. We need to start building out a Tech themed spawn building. Maybe something floating... Oh, how about a 'Mothership'.. Something similar in concept with HC.. teach the rules, basics, then let them loose on the world...

Need help with design and building, lets get rolling so we can push this out to open production!

EDIT: Here are some concept pictures to get the Spawn ideas flowing...

Terrain_014.jpg

A19790906000d7.jpg

mothership.gif

Mothership.jpg
Make it so #1.

Skaduush

Dragon Warrior
Legacy Supporter 9
Make it so #1.
Just don't step in #2 :)

Ok, did some additional research over the last week or so.. Very much want to keep EE on the server if we can.. Here are several patches/fixes and other work around's for the various EE Exploits.

Everyone interested, please review and let me know your opinions or if we should just keep EE pulled from the server?

http://forums.technicpack.net/threads/patch-for-ee-mining-tools-no-more-griefing-with-them.6642/
-- This allows block breakage, griefing from EE Tools to be rolled back as well as work with the Towny / Residences protections if we decide to go that route.
http://forums.technicpack.net/threads/plugin-alchemistfix-fix-for-alchemist-chest-dupe-bug.17802/
-- This fixes the Alchem Chest dupe issue by causing it to empty the chest, drop all the items, then break it.
http://forums.technicpack.net/threads/ee-blazerod-macerating-patch.22302/
-- This one also has a patch for bonemeal and a suggestion for dark room exploits is to disable the use of Bone Meal on Deployers through RedPower permission tables, oh and on CC Turtles.

There are also several more fixes in this thread:
http://forums.technicpack.net/threads/known-fixes.22447/

EDIT: looking at these bukkit plugins as well...

http://dev.bukkit.org/server-mods/tekkitcustomizer/
http://dev.bukkit.org/server-mods/tekkit-restrict/

Didag

Legacy Supporter 7
I don't think EE should be dropped. Personally, I don't use it that much but it is a major part of Tekkit that I know many people use. I'm going to read over those plugins/mods when I get home.

shadrxninga

Coder
well, I was thinking the one where we have the "vote for us" links on the top right. We'd probably have to change the theme a little.
Yep, I'll work on this tonight, I'll also be able to get them to update automagically :D I can probably work the vote for us links into the box as well.

Kainzo

The Disposable Hero
Staff member
Founder
Adventure Team
Yep, I'll work on this tonight, I'll also be able to get them to update automagically :D I can probably work the vote for us links into the box as well.
Cool, I think we need to just make this on our new page, I'm working on desgining it now, need tod o a mockup of what we want.

Drastikos

Legacy Supporter 3
Time Zone: PST
How long have you been playing on HeroCraft:
Not sure.. I was on Sanctum.
What is your experience withTekkit mods: none
What is your favorite Tekkit mod and why: Tekkit, ^
Which Tekkit mod is your 'area of expertise': none
Can you lead a group to finish a project or would you be better with a strong leader: I better follow for now
Reason you should be accepted:
I wanna play tekkit here
Additional Info: <3 HC

Status
Not open for further replies.