• Guest, HEROCRAFT PUBLIC RELEASE IS HAPPENING AN HOUR EARLIER! TONIGHT @ 7PM CST GET READY FOR IT! play.hc.to
    Read up on the guides and new systems! Here.
    View the LIVE Map here @ hc.to/map
    Stuck or have a problem? use "/pe create" to to open a ticket with staff (There are some known issues and other hotfixes we will be pushing asap)
  • Guest, Make sure to use our LAUNCHER! Read more here!

HeroStreet Stock Market Guide

FuckingSoup98

Legacy Supporter 5

Welcome to the HeroStreet Stock Market Guide, if you're looking for help on getting a shop started, or just looking to buy at the right price, then you've come to the right place. Because of certain global and native events, prices for many resources have skyrocketed, and keeping up with the prices is such a difficult task; especially when there are so many resources out there. This guides purpose for this multi-verse is to promote the economy and keep inflation from happening. Inflation happens when people don't have enough money to buy, or when a large population sits on their money and buys in small quantities, making an items profit very close to the original asking price. As items go into demand, prices soar, and many new players often spam the help or trade channel with asking prices. Since there are over 100 items to sell on occasion, it is hard to memorize prices daily, and even weekly. These charts and graphs will help you remember, or estimate where a certain asking price is. Please remember that these are estimated prices, and demand may cause either one to fluctuate. When selling to the HeroCraft community one must take into account the rarity, labor, difficulty, and nonrenewable properties involved with any resource or item. This is why I have come up with a certain method that will calculate any given material so long as its production property continues to exist.

[size=large]Rarity: [/size]
We all know that finding rare items is a pain in the arse, while Gold and Diamond prices shoot the through the roof, we find that selling these items soon becomes pricey. Assuming that many users are aware of the ratio concerning average resource finds, there is a bonus finding sales price when selling to the community.

• [*]The 25% rarity method

Considering that the rarest resources (Gold, Diamond, Lapis Lazuli, and flowers) are pretty difficult to find, I believe that there should be a certain price charge accounted for this rarities.

An example I can give is Gold, since Gold atm is valuable, but at a fixed price, people may sell their gold for 10c - 12.5c; ((10c x 25%) + 10c = 12.5c) = 10c - 12.5c.

As you may or may not see, prices take into account the difficulty that a resource takes to find in a certain period, and whether during that period, it is in demand or not.

[size=large]Difficulty:
[/size]

Difficulty plays a huge role in the rarest of resources. The Nether atm has the highest difficulty, in that /spawn and /home is disabled in the nether. Due to the ongoing depletion of nearby resources in the nether, having to go further out to find whatever the community needs becomes a daunting task. Becoming a courier for the nether, or simply looking for resources to sell for a profit, can become dangerous as being further away from /spawn increases your chances of dieing and not being able to re-gather your items in time.

So what is this difficulty charge?
The Community as a whole, basically chooses this for us. As people realize that going out into the nether, by sets of 250m.^3 from spawn by the x & z axis (1250x 1250z;1250x -750z; -750x 1250z; -750x -750z) increases the difficulty. When decided to retreat, it becomes just as dangerous because of the time, and dangers that face any person to safely get home. Because of all these threats, every 250^3 meters as shown in the example above, raises the difficulty by atleast 5-10% every 250m.^3 is accumulated away from /spawn. And for every 250^3 meters on one axis (x or z) the percentage is increased by 1-5% (+1250x +1000z = 5%; 1500x +1000z = 10%

For an example: Lets say that you travel to the coordinates +1400x +1600z. The charge depends on what item you received and its rarity. Lets say you have Netherrack, which is a common stone. This item will not have this difficulty applied, since the common resource can be gathered anywhere in the world. The only resources that have this difficulty applied to are Glowstone, and Soulsand. So lets say you have a stack of Glowstone and a stack of Soulsand. You traveled out to +1400x +1600z, and because the community agrees that all the resources from around +-500m.^3xz are depleted, then you will have a +15% difficulty charge. Lets do the math shall we? We have a stack of GlowStonedust, which goes around for 2c each. Since you have a stack, this now equals 128c / stack. But because the community decided about the difficulty. You can now charge (128c x +15%) +128c which would equal ~ 147.2c. Soulsand as I have calculated, may be incorrect, since it is an easy resource. It may be difficult to bring back through the dangers of the nether, but it still may not have such an imposed value. So we have a stack of Soulsand and the community agrees that the furthest you can go to get it is +-1500m.^3 all four directions. The average basic price that Soulsand sells for, is around 27c / stack. So knowing that +-1500m^3xz is 250x2 +250x2= 5%x2 + +5%+2 = 2+0%. We can calculate that ((27c x +20%) + 25c) = 32.4c

This rule also applies to Diamonds. But because Diamonds can be found anywhere, the percentage always stays at +10%, especially since /home can be used, and the chances of re-gathering lost items is greater.
[size=large]
Non-Renewable Resources:
[/size]

We all know that there are many resources that cannot be regrown, or re-obtained once created. So how do we know what resources take this into account? and by what margin? Diamonds, Gold, Iron, any basic material that is used constantly and is in demand can have this rule applied.
What are these rules?
For every Resource work benched or smelted item, there is a sort of decrease in value. Lets say you create diamond armor, and instead of leaving those raw diamond materials for people to purchase and create what they wish for themselves, you used 8 diamonds. That same person could have used it for something else, and because of this, that Diamond armor loses its value by 1 diamond ((8diamonds -1 x 8c. For every Raw resource used to create a workbench produced item (that cannot be retrieved to its full amount; 9 Diamond Block = 9 diamonds against irretrievable 4 diamond boots) loses up to 1 raw material each resource. Unless that resource is already below its worth of 1.00c for example leather(.1875c) then that resource loses a total produced value of 10%. Leather boots = (4x.1875c)-(4 x .1875c x 10%)

[size=large]Labor:[/size]
No one wants to sell items they crafted in a cauldron for less when it took them so long to craft. My method of charge for labor usually works with the rarity and unavailability of a resource. For example, Leaf blocks cannot be obtained naturally, nor can grass, and the other Cauldron items become pain to make, since one now gets a small output of blocks from their resources used.

I may be off with this, but I used a +10% labor price charge, for all cauldron items, since these items can be found in the real world but are not renewable or are hard to find. The only exception to this rule is seeds... Since seeds can be mass reproduced without the cauldron.

[size=large]Limited Resource:[/size] I also added that because some resources are indeed limited to an extent, where the cauldron WILL be needed, I added the +5%. Now the only items that have the +5% limited bonus are those items that are used in the cauldron that CAN be found in the world, but are difficult to find, and are not renewable. Continue down for example...

I have also done the math including the nonrenewable penalty, Rarity, Limited Resource and labor charges.

Clay example

Clay Block (5) = 3 Dirt, 2 sand, 3 ((((saplings)))) = .32c

Clay Block (64) = 4.5696c

Rarity +25%

Limited Resource +5%

Labor +10%

3 Dirt = .015c

2 Sand = .06c

3 Sapling = .18c

(.255c x 25%) + (.255c x 5%) + (.255c x10%) + .255c= .06375c + .01275c + .0255c + .255c = .357c / 5 Clay Block

.357c / 5 clay block

.0714c / each clay block

4.5696 / Clay (64)

.01785 / ea. clay piece

Brick Block = 4 Clay

Brick = Clay + Coal

.01785 + .09c = .10785 c

Brick Block =. 10785c x 4 = .4314c

Brick Stack = .4314c x 64 = 27.609c
---------------------------------------------------
Clay Block (5) = 3 Dirt, 2 sand ((((Iron))))
Clay Block (64)
Rarity +25%
Limited Resource +5%
Labor +10%
Non-Renewable -1 Iron

3 Dirt = ~ .015c

2 Sand = .06c

9 Iron = 9 Iron - 1 Iron Resource Loss

8.075c = 5 Clay Block

(8.075c x 25%) + (8.075c x 5%) + (8.07c5 x 10%) + 8.075cc= 2.01875c + .40375c + .807c + 8.07= 11.2995c / 5 Clay Block

Clay Block = 2.2599c; Clay Block 2.2599c x 64 = 144.6336c

Clay piece = .564975c
Brick Block = 4 brick
Brick = clay + coal
.564975c + .09c = .654975c
.654975c x 4 = Brick Block
Brick Block = 2.6199c
Brick Stack = 167.6736c
I hope you all enjoy and find this extremely helpful, If you have any questions or concerns, please feel free to PM, or post on here. I would love if you show your appreciation or criticism in this thread as it would help me to modify this guide even more. See you in game! :]

P.S if anyone needs to know how I got these prices, I have a log of calculations attached to this thread :]

Capn_Danger

Legacy Supporter 5
Awesome work, soup! It all looks pretty reasonable, though I'd bump up glowstone given the difficulty of collecting it.

sheddi

Legacy Supporter 3
awesome post this is greatly needed and will help the traders union cement prices fairly in all shops throughout sanctum

Woah, this is amazing, I remember reading that you would do something like this, but I didn't think it would be, to this caliber.Great job, this will really help all traders, of all likes

PS: I love the availability of cobble stone =P

FuckingSoup98

Legacy Supporter 5
Haha thanks guys. I may have to fix the prices on flowers, clay, and glowstonedust. I accidentally calculated clay as 9 pieces lolz... Ill fix that tomorrow though :] I need a break!

Edit:
Couldn't wait lawl, so I fixed everything.

FuckingSoup98

Legacy Supporter 5
toadsworth29 said:
Nice. What about birch wood?

ah, righto, I'll get on that one next week. Haven t seen anyone sell birch at all though. Since its not renewable it kind of died fast. But nonetheless Ill find a price.

FuckingSoup98

Legacy Supporter 5
Lol itscool with me.. everyone usually calls me soup, and rarely by the first word. But yah i dont mind haha. Also if someone can remind kainzo to sticky this thread, since my entire city had a blackout... i would greatly apreciate it!

Kainzo

The Disposable Hero
Staff member
Founder
Adventure Team
We are not enforcing these prices - Staff will never dictate the worth of items except Gold Bars.

Staff is stickying this for ease of use.

FuckingSoup98

Legacy Supporter 5
IkaosI said:
31c for bookshelves? Arrows that don't sell as fast as a small mob spawner can produce (at 3c) is actually worth 5c? a water bucket for 2.25c when people don't pay more than 2c for a lava one? 1c/iron ingot? Cobblestone with any worth? 21c/stack of smoothstone? Iron hoe that uses 2 iron ingots only costing 1c? Little price difference between a cake and an egg? Diamond shovel worth less than a diamond? 2c/per each fish? 14c/stack of netherrack, the most common material other than stone and dirt?

A lot of things in this list are completely unbelievable, and unreasonably priced. I don't think this should get a sticky, I've never seen smoothstone sell for 3c, let alone 30.

I'm sure you didnt read my guide, because I clearly expain why some items lose their value, and it is only a guide, it isnt enforced like kainzo said. This only serves as a price index for noobs. It may as well help current players in that they have an idea of said prices are. I'm only human and may make mistakes, but if you see a problem or wish to help me fix it, tell me what prices are reasonable for you. And the reason why cake isn't as expensive as an egg is because wheat, sugar, and milk worth is not really that great and when you make cake and sell it, the cake doesn't include the iron buckets. That is why I added my calculation notes. if you want to check it out and leave a comment on the file and send it to me, ill greatly appreciate it. I will make sure to make it clear that this only a guide, and is speculated on prices being exchanged in shops, and partial trade from chat. Since people have only recently been purchasing from shops at DH i have only been able to calculate one weeks worth of products. So if you wish to make it much more accurate, give some input price info. I appreciate your criticism, but please if you are going to criticize me, make it helpful criticism, so i can improve this guide and make it live up to its name.

P.s this guide will be updated weekly until i get a stable price check to allow me to work on it less and less frequently.
Thank you
~Soup

Symbolite

Legacy Supporter 7
This is awesome, but like kaos i have to say a few things are over price but in general this is pretty awesome, keep up the good work!

Airbus101

Legacy Supporter 7
Wow, impressive...

is that data available to the common user or is it from admin logs?

gabizou

Sage of World Making
Architect
Legacy Supporter 7
Also there are some items like grassblocks which aren't on the list. I'm going to price it low as a comparison that it takes 2 stacks of saplings and 3 stacks of dirt to make 2 stacks of grassblocks.

FuckingSoup98

Legacy Supporter 5
Will update later this weekend, since I'm stripped on time atm. I will be doing updates on weekends in the future since weekdays take too long

Punisher79

Support the Death Penalty
Legacy Supporter 5
I love this thread and refer back to the Commodities Chart for all my trades.

Thanks!